Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2020, 20:47   #46
BHPian

Re: A hatchback for errands? Budget is 7 - 8 lakhs

Let me be a bit old school - Why not go for tried and tested Swift, it just suits your requirement perfectly. Perfect for city errands, K12 engine is good to drive (one of the better 1.2 L Petrol currently), top-end ZXI Plus will fit your budget, Good fuel economy and ease of maintenance anywhere in India.
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 16:55   #47
BHPian

Re: A hatchback for errands? Budget is 7 - 8 lakhs

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thanks to all your inputs and the huge and instant support that was garnered over from this platform.

Amidst the lockdown and immense free time we all had during the last couple of months, we all have finally zeroed on to a car. A car, well above what was our supposedly decided budget and all thanks to the Make in India initiative that our beloved Modi had commenced and the sheer influence he has on my family, we went ahead with a car of an Indian origin! The last Indian car to roll out of our garage was MS A-star back in 2008. Post that, they were all Koreans, Germans or Japanese.

Since I am here in Pune, family in Assam, I could only see the pics when it finally arrived at our doorstep. (We didn't visit the dealership for obvious reasons, it was home delivered and all the proceedings were done at home itself) Can't believe how things have changed

So we finalized on a, Mahindra - XUV - 300 - W8 - Single tone - Petrol - Manual. I'll let the pics do the talking, as received over WhatsApp. Please ignore the pathetic quality and angles. Elders at home don't care about these little intricacies.

A hatchback for errands? Budget is 7 - 8 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200919-16.45.31-1.jpeg

I believe the huge DRLs are quite eye-catching on this. More so in White and Red colored variants.

A hatchback for errands? Budget is 7 - 8 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200919-16.45.30.jpeg

A hatchback for errands? Budget is 7 - 8 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200919-16.45.31.jpeg

Side note:- One thing disappointed me! The test drive car which came was a Diesel top-end variant shod with Michelins. The petrol that we bought came with MRFs. I really don't like this sort of marketing. Upon inquiring with the dealership, they said - "Saar ab jo compaani ne lagaa ke diya!" (Sir, whatever the company has equipped on it). Although he's not responsible for this but still I would like to get at least an option of choosing, like in the case of MG.

Cheers, NA
na_agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks