View Poll Results: Your choice?
VW Polo 1.0 TSI 143 36.02%
Ford Figo / Freestyle 1.5L TDCi 254 63.98%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 20:23   #61
BHPian

Re: Fun to drive car as replacement for Vento

Vento 1.6 MPI is an understated car. I was in the same situation as you in 2019. Owned a Vento 1.6 MPI and it was hardly ever mentioned in TBHP. Got tempted and started thinking turbo engines are the ones for enthusiasts. Bought a Figo S TDCI (don't regret) and then sold Vento to buy an Ameo DSG (don't regret either) however the fun of Vento MPI MT cannot be neglected. I lost quite a lot of money on Vento and now feel it would have been better to spend money to get it tuned. Even in stock it is no slouch.

I feel you must stick on to your Vento. Try taking it to a reputed tuner, get a good exhaust, spend the money on petrol to travel the country and so many more than selling it so early.
VWAllstar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 21:50   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Vento 1.6 MPI is an understated car. I was in the same situation as you in 2019. Owned a Vento 1.6 MPI and it was hardly ever mentioned in TBHP. Got tempted and started thinking turbo engines are the ones for enthusiasts. Bought a Figo S TDCI (don't regret) and then sold Vento to buy an Ameo DSG (don't regret either) however the fun of Vento MPI MT cannot be neglected. I lost quite a lot of money on Vento and now feel it would have been better to spend money to get it tuned. Even in stock it is no slouch.

I feel you must stick on to your Vento. Try taking it to a reputed tuner, get a good exhaust, spend the money on petrol to travel the country and so many more than selling it so early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Why dont you remap the Vento and save 10 lakhs?

If the car is fine, just mod-it using some tuners. Since you are new to the auto world, it will give you tremendous learning as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Don't finalize the Polo just because it's a vento minus it's boot. The 1.6 is one of the better engines that the Vento has had, wouldn't getting a 1.0(albeit turbocharged) be a backward step rather than an upgrade? Very little has changed on the polo since it's launch a decade and a half ago. I'd get something newer.
Also considering that a Polo has almost the same layout inside as the Vento, you may not feel like you are driving a different/new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
You are right on with the Polo 1.0 TSI but I would suggest to wait for the Altroz Turbo, it should be launched in Jan 2021.

Here are my suggestions based solely on FTD factor :
  • Polo 1.0 TSI : currently the best choice but does seem a bit old IMHO, I am expecting something fresh and exciting from their India 2.0 strategy next year
  • Altroz Turbo Petrol : Worth the 15-20 day wait and a TD, check the TBHP thread here (Tata Altroz with turbo petrol engine spotted undisguised)
  • XUV 300 Petrol : Since you have shortlisted the Ecosport and I have a friend who enjoyed driving the turbo petrol so much that he bought it. But Mahindra has priced the models at least a lakh apart so I would suggest the W8 but that will work out to 11.5 almost. But worth a TD.
Good Luck.
Thanks for the advice everyone. As advised I have decided to hold on to the Vento for the time being. I was also apprehensive about the change from 1.6 to a 1L engine. Now I am clear.

I will wait for the updated polo and vento from VW and in the meanwhile look for upgrades to the current car (remap, suspension upgrade, brake overhaul and an exhaust).

Thank you.
Moroder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 22:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Vento 1.6 MPI is an understated car.

Try taking it to a reputed tuner, get a good exhaust, spend the money on petrol to travel the country and so many more than selling it so early.
I agree with 2000rpm and VWAllstar.
I hadn't thought of tuning at all, thanks guys. It should serve as a good base car. Hope you have some years left on its registration.

But most importantly like 2000rpm said
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
it will give you tremendous learning as well.

Last edited by shancz : 31st December 2020 at 22:04. Reason: added content
Old 29th March 2021, 23:27   #64

Re: VW Polo 1.0 TSI vs Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi for an enthusiast?

Interesting thread. One query which arises is that does figo still make sense for someone with very low annual mileage(say 7-10k) vis-a-vis polo tsi 1.0? Given the fact that both are similarly priced and Ford will give better mileage with cheaper maintenance over a long span, 10 year ban notwithstanding.
Pahadi.Officer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 17:12   #65
BHPian

Hi guys,

looking for a fun to drive car with a budget of 8-9 lakhs OTR in Delhi. This is something I would like to buy just for the driving experience with power and handling being what I want rather than fuel economy. kindly suggest. I am open to a 2-3 year old used vehicle as well.
Old 31st May 2021, 17:19   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmt_b View Post
Looking for a fun to drive car with a budget of 8-9 lakhs OTR in Delhi. This is something I would like to buy just for the driving experience with power and handling being what I want rather than fuel economy. kindly suggest. I am open to a 2-3 year old used vehicle as well.
The one and only VW Polo TSI .
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed