Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 17:13   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
But if you are not a fast driver there is no need for going for the Swift since i feel the Wagon R is more value for money.
How do you define high speed. I am not planning on going beyond 80-90
kmph mostly. Is WagonR good at these speeds or should I go for Swift?
Old 20th March 2007, 18:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How do you define high speed. I am not planning on going beyond 80-90
kmph mostly. Is WagonR good at these speeds or should I go for Swift?
"Not planning to" might not translate into action. :-) Wagon R is good at these speeds but the Swift is certainly better. Better road grip and defnitely better braking.

Probably you can get a WagonR VXi with optional ABS and Airbags. You can probably upgrade your tyres to a bigger one to get better grip. The ABS and airbags are not available even as option in the Duo.
Old 21st March 2007, 12:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

At below 100km/hr Wagon R is more than sufficient as it is more value for money. The Swift is a bit highly priced but you can compensate thorough the discounts they give on the petrol models now. But i dont think you need to spend that extra money for this kind of travel/drives. I feel the wagon R would be more than sufficient considering your priorities.
Old 21st March 2007, 12:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Since you do a lot of Mumbai-Pune trips, with the good roads ahead of you, you just might end up doing higher speeds than you anticipated, and thats exactly where the Swift comes into action. With the Swift's better road handling manners, it should serve you better.
Old 13th April 2007, 14:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi carboy, hope you have made up your mind. May be I am late to comment, but to put my views on the economical perspective, wagon r is the best choice by all means. I drive wagon r Lxi petrol version (2007 model). I considered wagon r, swift, santro swift, getz etc before I made up my mind on wagon r. If you chose duo it might take approx 18 months to breakeven with the extra money you spent for it. But I think if you drive below 90/100 kmh on an average, wagon r is the best choice. Easy to drive, park, control and maintain, plus value for money in comforts, lots of useful well-desgined interior space etc will give you happy for the money you spent on it. Duo will reduce your boot space too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks