Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2007, 18:23   #16
BHPian

My budget is around 5-6 lakhs and my daily usage would be 50 km per day on the highway.Hardly 6 to 10 km inside city.
Old 26th March 2007, 18:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Buy a Swift. End of story.
Old 26th March 2007, 20:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Buy a Swift. End of story.
Yes ... 5 to 6 ... BUY ZXI.
Old 26th March 2007, 20:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, new Palio will be launched on April-2nd!
Once it is available in the Showrooms, take a Test drive and decide!

I can vouch for its Ride Comfort, Handling and Build Quality and with the new 1.1 Fire engine, you will get a decent mileage of 12 - 14 kmpl too.
Old 26th March 2007, 20:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

New pailo is good choice for you, however since used pailo has not so good resale value you can search for used pailo 1.2NV sport versions.

Palio has great build, solid design.

Swift comes with stock tubeless tyres but JK Tyre quality is not so good.

Again Maruti plays game here cutting the cost! Swift(Maruti) looks great package but without quality its great product

Crash test Palio wins over Swift. Swift has fiber type body which is dangerous in Indian conditions because any dent its too costly to repair.

Pailo if dent happens even local mechanic can paint it.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 26th March 2007, 21:12   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Ravi Yadav,

Are you clearer by now? People are saying either new Swift or new Palio.

If you decide on Swift, you could search the forum for its reviews including the interior rattling - which should be fixed by MUL by now.

If current-model Palio, you could search the forum for its ownership hassles such as shortage of spares. If new yet-to-be-released Palio, its too early to advise

Last edited by theMAG : 26th March 2007 at 21:29.
Old 27th March 2007, 10:58   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
My budget is around 5-6 lakhs and my daily usage would be 50 km per day on the highway.
At 6L you could just manage a Baleno. I know it is dated but is more comfortable for long runs. The Swift?getz/ etc..are really suited when parking is a problem (read as City).
Old 27th March 2007, 11:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
At 6L you could just manage a Baleno. I know it is dated but is more comfortable for long runs. The Swift?getz/ etc..are really suited when parking is a problem (read as City).
You have a point there, Navin, about the ride comfort. But safety is one of his priorities and with no ABS or Airbags and no tubeless tyres (thanks to himanshu for pointing this safety factor which we usually miss) for the Lxi, safety factor will not be addressed. Also, I am not sure whether Balenos are still available. Last week when I checked, a dealer in Chennai had only 1 piece. IMO, he is better off with a Swift Zxi.

On the forum I have seen many cases where people blast the car companies for not providing safety features, but in the end buy a lower priced version, without the safety features that they initially were so particular about.
Old 27th March 2007, 13:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

No brainer - Swift ZXI!!
Old 27th March 2007, 15:22   #25
BHPian

Since you are looking for a good highway car, you should seriously consider a diesel one particularly since you would be driving 50Km per day.

There are very good reviews about the swift diesel. I think you should give that a serious look.

I dont think abs and airbags just make a car safer. I mean can I have a good stable highway car if I have airbags and abs on a Maruti800?

Whats the point in having airbags if the car handles in such a way, that they can be deployed anytime ??

Ofcourse its good to have them, but if you have a good set of tyres and alter your driving speeds based on weather...(slow down when it rains)...then you can do without ABS.

So even if the current swift diesel does not have airbags ( I think VDI does not come with it...I may be wrong)...dont consider it as something wrong with it... It is a damn good car and now comes with one of the best diesel engines in the world....

I wouldnt want to comment on palio till we have some user reviews on it. And why go for current palio when new one is week(s) away... Same with baleno too....
Old 5th April 2007, 12:58   #26
BHPian

Just visited the fiat india website and saw the 1.6 stile sports vesion just for 4.2 laks +tubeless typres.Baleno is out of question.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:34   #27
BHPian

That will be a great choice, excellent performer. If not that then go for new 1.1 palio has lot good torque at low engine speeds and better pick up in 3rd and 4th gear unlike 1.2 palio. But only if you are not going for 1.6 palio.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:36   #28
BHPian

If it is a new palio (stile) then it will be a marvellous performer as it might have shed some weight. I doubt whether you have seen the stile or the older version. anyhow let me check it in fiat india website.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:39   #29
BHPian

yes it is new 1.6. you are right. go ahead
Old 5th April 2007, 14:44   #30
BHPian

Thhey have completely redesigned the site after many years. A much friendly site also a toll free number is given. I think it all shows a change in the attitude of fiat-india. A help desk is also there , if they change their attitude also it will be a great relief for existing customers and it will see a resurrection of fiat in india.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks