Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2007, 19:00   #1
BHPian

Xeta CNG or WagonR Petrol

Hi guys,

I'm scorpio118 from Delhi, and in a dilemma between Xeta CNG (GLG) or Wagon R Petrol LXi. I've been thru various posts related to this and Wolf's detailed review on Xeta. I also had some personal advise from Wolf on this, but I want more varied feedback.

My monthly run is almost 1100 KMs, and an occassional trip of 350 KM on highways once in 2 months. I'm liking comfort, space, luxury of Xeta, which is not available in wagonR, but most of the people are advising on Maruti's reliability.

My main apprehensions are :
1. If Xeta is dependable enough?
2. If CNG is OK for your engine's life and performance?
3. If wagonR comfort level is good for three hrs daily driving?

help.

Scorpio118
Old 1st April 2007, 13:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

I dont have much experience of Xeta CNG, but i do own a wagonR, and yes i can vouch for its reliability. Has never let me down. About highway driving, i dont do much anyways, but its not as bad as some people make it out to be. Infact, for a tall boy, it handles quite well.
For three hours daily driving, i dont think its much of an issue with wagonR. With Electronics power steering, light clutch, and nice suspension, its not much tiring either.
Old 20th April 2007, 23:24   #3
BHPian

After going thru a tough research for last 4 months, I have booked Wagon R LXi now. So reliability won over the features and comfort provided by Indica. Also I'm getting MGA power windows fitted in it. Is it a right decision, or should I get power windows from outside?
Old 21st April 2007, 09:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase.
Yes regarding power windows, its better to get MGA. Outside pw are not known to be reliable and also there can be warranty issues.
Old 21st April 2007, 11:52   #5
BHPian

Wish you happy miles with your new car !

Are you retrofitting CNG or LPG in it ! Whatever you choose, get it done after the running period.Say at least 1000 KM later.

The only option left for the Warranty cover, will be to opt for CNG or LPG from the Dealer itself-Maruti will not cover the car,The dealer will.

Ensure you have the Warranty Disclaimer agreed and signed by the Dealer also-So as to continue to provide warranty cover incase you opt for a CNG or LPG system from the dealer.
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:26   #6
BHPian

Thanks a lot

wolf - I don't know if dealers provide such facility like maintaining warranty alongwith with CNG kit. If yes, can you tell me name of any Maruti dealer, who can offer me this.
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:46   #7
BHPian

long drive

I have done just one long trip (300+300)kms in one day in friends WagonR (old vxi) and it was good trip. Basically what I imagined that i would be thrown all over in a bumby ride never happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks