Team-BHP - Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/22789-suzuki-sx4-nhc-type-1-second-hand-edit-sx4-now-booked-edit-1-swift-vdi-booked-2.html)

Geek,

The only car worth waiting for now is the new Maruti Baleno. If it is the same as it looks with all features and MUL prices it just right, its going to be a KILLER.

Of the 4 cars that you are considering, I would go with the Aveo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 404272)
Geek,

The only car worth waiting for now is the new Maruti Baleno. If it is the same as it looks with all features and MUL prices it just right, its going to be a KILLER.

Of the 4 cars that you are considering, I would go with the Aveo.

I really wish they price it about 6 lacs which i think they wont, so i m already ruling this car out though i know i might like it! what with fiat diesel engine options and 100s of bhps :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by namit (Post 404264)
Hi Geek !!

have you driven the Aveo ?

Gearbox is as good or as bad as the Optra but dont worry it smoothens out after 5000 kms run.

Coming to the dash issue, neither me nor my family members (including ladies) have any such problem.

I have not driven the aveo yet on a test drive. the very first feeling was of discomfort when my leg touched the dash. I also understand GM has reworked the gear stick now. slots in much better. there is another thread on this thing. Could you tell me whats the mileage i can expect with aveo on normal driving ripping sometimes at 70-80, with 50% a/c in bangalore city?

hi all,

today i had a look at the aveo for my satisfaction at kasturba road chevy showroom - sundaram auto. i m not happy with the aveo sedan. however i am quite happy with the aveo UVA as the seating position is more comfortable since the dash is not curvy but straight. the gear shift seems to be so much smoother now, just to hold and test it though i didnt take a test drive today.

with the new getz finally out, the UVA looks so pricey at 5.94 for the 1.2LT with ABS and 5.54 without ABS. (sorry no airbags!!). the getz for the same price comes with a 1.3 litre engine, while UVA is a 1.2 litre engine. wonder how the pick up will be tuned in both.

so now the options still remain: (in this order)

1. UVA 1.2 LT @ 5.94 lac (with my company paying insurance of 17k + a small corporate discount of atleast 5k, its now @ 5.74 - the mileage can be about 12 if not more with a/c

2. Getz 1.1 starting @ 3.84 lac, even if i take it as 4.5 lacs, thats a whole 1 lac down from the uva, though i think the uva looks more roomier. getz might also give 12 if not more with a/c

3. now in comes the swift VDI higher end diesel since its about 5.6 OTR, but space is cramped, with less boot as well but more FE, its cheaper than uva for sure. its a nice car, but the steering is too small for such a big car and with EPS, the tactile feedback sucks.

4. logan still to be seen, petra still on list. one has image problems, one has company problems! so for now i ll leave them @ 4, maybe in two more days i can update this thread again to either eliminate them or move them up or down the order.

is there any thread on the UVA mileage and servicing details?

Sriky, if you wanna Sedan, I would suggest Petra 1.6/1.9D, it is still a great Value for Money!

For a hatch, it should be between UVA 1.2 and Palio 1.1/1.6.
I would suggest you to test ride the new Palio Stile 1.1, you never know how good it is until you drive it!
Good luck!

Guys

The UVA is out, its simply too costly compared to other cars. i liked the car. but its out. I had been to the showroom yesterday and after reading more reviews about it, decided against it.

I will be testing the palio Stile (i know its got lesser BHP, though lets see!) sometime this week or so.

i shall test drive the logan and swift VDI next week. The getz still remains on my list of cars.

So the order now:

1. Palio 1.1 Stile
2. Getz 1.1 Prime
3. Logan 1.5 Dci
4. swift VDI
5. Petra

Hopefully on the next update i can knock off a couple more of these!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 404064)
Hey all,

4. aveo 1.4 LS (have read a lot on good things in the car, but scared on the safety ratings of this car)

c. are the bad safety ratings of the aveo really something to worry about?

AVEO is a safe car. I know that for sure
You will not find the features of an LT (Airbags)

Petra at 6.5 is steep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 404759)
Guys

So the order now:

1. Palio 1.1 Stile
2. Getz 1.1 Prime
3. Logan 1.5 Dci
4. swift VDI
5. Petra

Took the Aveo of the list as i can see.. although i would have recommended that. From the above list should be the Swift VDi, if you think the pricing is right. I dont think the Logan will be upto the levels of refinement you would be looking at.

I suggest you either go for a Petra or a Palio. Listen to your heart, it will make you more happy than logic. I think you really like the shape/design etc., of the Palio, and if thats the case go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 404759)
Guys

1. Palio 1.1 Stile
2. Getz 1.1 Prime
3. Logan 1.5 Dci
4. swift VDI
5. Petra

1. Palio: Do check it out. Already a member of the palio user group has got a chance to test it and he is back impressed.

1.b :) Palio stile sport: That cannot be missed at all !!... 1.6L . There are 5 new colours....black one will truly rock!!!

2. Getz was quite a sturdy and heavy car, I am not sure 1.1L would do justice to it.... check out the 1.3. It is much better.

5. Has been confirmed by FIAT itself that Petra production would be stopped. Well, this is sad news indeed.

I'm a fiat fan, and am sorta, kinda happy with where your heart is leaning towards.

Only one thing though, your thread title is extremely misleading! You talk about almost finalizing a car and yet talk about cars that havent been launched yet!

Good luck with the search - one of the most fun times.

dude, stay away from the Petra because Fiat has announced that they are discontinuing the Petra.

I am knocking off the petra now since its not going to be produced further. as strong competitors now it leaves me with palio 1.1 (which i feel inclined to because of price and the first few drive reports which say there is no much difference b/w erstwhile 1.2 and 1.1 now in terms of stability, however which might lack high end grunt due to 57bhp) - and the logan which looks really juicy in the pictures with such awesome space and upholstery. but 1.5 Dci at almost 7 OTR in bangalore would it be prudential to invest is the question. more updates once i drive both these cars.

I had a similar thought when I test drove the AVEO and the U-VA in the Chevy showroom. I liked the U-VA a lot. I felt it was peppy and handled very well. The ground clearance was something that delighted me.

THe car which is available for the test drive (1.4 Aveo) has a pathetic gear box. The production cars are gonna have a smoother gearbox..Don't go by the test car at Sundaram.

If you are not in a hurry like me....then I would suggest ...that you wait....and test some more cars...postpone you buying decision by another 3 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 404086)
petra is much much better a car than the three you have given (space, ease of drive, etc) - price of swift 5.5 OTR, price of petra 6.5 ! i dont like tata cars. its not refined. skoda too is only turbo charged diesel not crdi, dont they sell?

IMHO, the Petra is a relatively outdated Indirect injection Diesel, though I've driven the 1.9D Palio for a few 100km a few years ago, and found it to be a decent drive. Does the Petra come with a turbo? Can you feel the lag like you do in the Indigo? You could and should compare it to the Indigo IDI, but then the Indigo has a whole lot lower displacement (>25%). The turbo helps, but not just off the blocks when the vehicle really needs it. You should not compare it to the Octy TDi. The Octy uses VW's Direct Injection technology, something that they warned you back in engineering school about, that it is NOT suitable for passenger cars and relatively smaller powerplants. But then VW does not read our text books. The Octy also has a fantastic VGT (or was that on the Laura). You dont really feel any turbo lag at all (if the lag is less than half a second, you are unlikely to feel it). It also has two stage injectors, so that combustion and pressure rise are more gradual, rather than whacking the engine, the car, and its occupants about. Skoda (and VW) are unlikely to move to CRDi in a hurry, because their own pumpe deuse TDi technology is nearly as refined, and saves them on CRDi royalty costs, while delivering a petrol experience.

If you dont like tata's and still need a Diesel, the Swift has the latest in diesel goodies thrown in.

Take the Petra diesel off your list...It is the old diesel engine that has been tweaked to its limit to meet BS-III norms.
If you want a diesel car, look no further than the Swift Diesel.....Gem of an engine....
(Avoid Swift Petrol: bad low end torque, horrible fuel efficiency - 9 to 10 kpl in city, old esteem engine and heavier than esteem)

Of your choices, Getz Prime or Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 would be good......
Getz has amazing cabin with no noise ....... Palio 1.6 would be one powerhouse and with its pricing (5 lakhs) it is a steal with all the alloy wheels and goodies...

Build quality wise:
Fiat > Hyundai > Maruti > Tata