Team-BHP - Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/22789-suzuki-sx4-nhc-type-1-second-hand-edit-sx4-now-booked-edit-1-swift-vdi-booked-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 418545)
tsk

my mistake, i shouldve made it more clearer, sorry about that. budget - 6 lacs, not one paisa more, the lower the merrier. the second part, its either swift D or old NHCs mentioned above (particularly option 2 in my earlier posts) - i dont have anything else in mind.

Ok so two cars in your list,
that easier.
My advice? A newer car is better than old
Reasons
1. Lower interest rate. Interest rates are shooting up to 15%, and for old cars they are more. If you are doing downpayment, its a different story, but on loan a 6 lakh second hand car will cost you same as 7 lakh new car. Keep that in mind.
2. Warranty support, and the knowledge that the car is new. Free services etc., The outflow can be high if you drive a lot. Around 40K kms lot of parts are changed in most cars which mean New Belts, new bearings, etc., etc., 40K service can cost 10K+ keep all this in mind.

If I remember it's not even been a month since Swift D booking. You should just relax. You always have the option to make the call when your Swift D delivery date is near.You can always walk away from it to your liking. I suggest you completely focus away from CARS :)

Then once you know you are few weeks away from getting your Swift, you can think about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 418539)
tsk,

thanks for your rather long reply. i ve already booked the swift D, just that it is taking enormous time to come through. in the meanwhile, if there is any car which sounds reasonable as well, maruti is more than willing to refund my booking (since this is an open booking). personally if the hondas dont click, then the swift D remains. so i dont see any confusion here. its either swift or any other car like the NHC if it fits my budget. i ve already test driven everything else and removed them from the equation.

your mail though was very detailed for me. appreciate it :)

time to update!

jk

its going to now be either the old honda city (type III) or the new baleno depending on the pricing MUL launches at. nothing else more in mind. its a short wait just days away. and with the may day weekend coming up this wait will be sweet and short i assume :)

So Swift VDi is out?!.. time to change the title mods

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 424400)
jk

its going to now be either the old honda city (type III) or the new baleno depending on the pricing MUL launches at. nothing else more in mind. its a short wait just days away. and with the may day weekend coming up this wait will be sweet and short i assume :)

Jeez man, get yourself a NEW car (as in fresh), go for the SX4 - by the way, the title talks about NHC type 1, you are talking about OHC type III.....in any case, as I said, go for a FRESH launch

If you go in for the NHC type1 could save you enough cash to go in for another car as well,just joking.

If you can afford the sx4 then why not include the NHC type2,corolla H.E.[maybe],innova and a lot more cars why is it restricted to a choice between the sx4 and a second hand car.

The sx4 and nhc type 2 cant be matched with features, sx4 will win hands down if its priced at 7.5 lacs OTR bangalore. corolla HE is still 8.83 ex showroom way more costlier. all of innova, tavera, scorpio having proper features (read that as all features one would expect minimally for that price) are at 8.5 to 9 lacs+, which is an amount that is half of my housing loan! and i dont intend to spend so much on a car. whether the differential is 1 lac or 1.5 or 2 lacs its still huge money for me. it takes time to earn :) if the sx4 zxi goes beyond my budget, then i still have the vxi to contend with. or back to the NHC type 1 again since its available cheap. the only reason i am inclined towards sx4 is becuase if ever i need service and i need it badly, maruti will be nearby whereas honda wont! :)

with all the hype surrounding the sx4, the action is getting only hotter and hotter. i am paying bimal another 50000 towards booking of the sx4, so thats now a total of 1 lac. as a first cut i probably would see the car at pratham tomorrow and maybe take a test drive sometime after launch.

the prices might be about 7.2+ and 8.1-8.2 probably for the vxi and zxi. even upon calculation of the differential items cost between the two versions, it doesnt seem to me that maruti is fleecing customers in any way over the zxi which makes it a value deal. but 5.5 lacs for a used honda and 8.2 is a huge difference. for the past few days i ve been racking my brains on this difference math to see if it will be profitable to me in many ways.

i would have an emi of about 2300 per lac which 9200 per month on 4 lacs for 4-5 yrs. i m just doing the math on whether this will pay off later on even if after sufficient usage, the car will fetch me a good resale. (which i believe it will)

what kind of FE difference one can expect between tyres of 195 profile and 205 profile? and can anyone point out what kind of FE (approx) can be got with light footedness, mostly on higher gears, 205 profile tyres and say 25% a/c ?

i am also planning to use the car for atleast 70-75k kms this time. would the engine last more than that without the need for any overhaul say upto 1 lac km?

Quote:

what kind of FE difference one can expect between tyres of 195 profile and 205 profile
Very marginal, unnoticable.

A first hand car will be a first hand car. Remember, Honda is going to get a new NHC real soon say by next year so your resale value will decrease. Going by history of MUL, a new SX4 is atleast another decade away. Yes you might get a new SX4 in 3-4years but only with new headlights and seatcovers and body side moulding.

Quote:

i am also planning to use the car for atleast 70-75k kms this time. would the engine last more than that without the need for any overhaul say upto 1 lac km?
Honda engines are built to last and i have heard(not sure its true or not) that Honda gives 3 lacs kms warranty on the engine.

But remember a few aspects :-
All the best for your decision, hope i have helped you :)

Hi,

I am have seen the car and the ZXI version. Best part is the ground clearance. Simply impressive exterior with interiors added with safety features. No wonder this will give a big blow to NHC but HONDA too is in production of NHC Vtec 110Bhp with ABS, EBD & Airbags.

Its a war between two rivals. NHC has its own segment of customer who simply love Honda and will try the best to keep away intruders in its section like SX4 but every kingdom looses a battle some point of time.

Wait and watch for SX4 which will be launched on May 7 and on 2nd week of June New Honda City Vtec :) ....

Watch it....who wins :)

Geek, a new SX4 @ ~ 7.5L will definitely pay for itself (better resale, lower maintenance and financing costs) far better than an "old" NHC at 5.2L. Plus, it comes with intangible benefits such as the "pleasure" of driving a brand spanking new model/car! :)

Well, excellent ride quality and great FE are the NHC's strongpoints, of course at the loss of quite a few horses... If only Maruti get in decent FE figures to go with the aggression of the SX4, they have a clear winner here, what with their brand equity to back it up.

OT: I was really shocked to see the interest rates on pre-owned cars... Personal Loans seem to be a more attractive proposition these days! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 429468)
All the best for your decision, hope i have helped you :)

Busa,

thanks a million for that knowledge. your post is surely helpful in me considering the sx4. i ll keep in mind all points. as of now, made a 1 lac booking and might go for a black sx4, if not then silver one. still to take a TD to decide. but first need to know the OTR prices.

this weekend for me is sure gonna be a restless one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoc (Post 429502)
OT: I was really shocked to see the interest rates on pre-owned cars... Personal Loans seem to be a more attractive proposition these days! :p

yes the loans are costlier now. but maruti might keep the rates at 8.5%. other banks are at 12% for new cars, 14-15% for old cars, and personal loan rates are hovering around 16-17%. so much for inflation effects.
;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 429787)
Busa,

thanks a million for that knowledge. your post is surely helpful in me considering the sx4. i ll keep in mind all points. as of now, made a 1 lac booking and might go for a black sx4, if not then silver one. still to take a TD to decide. but first need to know the OTR prices.

this weekend for me is sure gonna be a restless one.

yes the loans are costlier now. but maruti might keep the rates at 8.5%. other banks are at 12% for new cars, 14-15% for old cars, and personal loan rates are hovering around 16-17%. so much for inflation effects.
;)

Are you sure the maruti rates are at 8 - 8.5% ?? At least all the dealers are quoting me 14 % + for UTI Bank , I am personally going for a SBI Loan ( 7 years @12% after a corporate discount of 0.5%) for my Swift Ldi which is the cheapest of the lot. Can you please tell me as to which bank is offering 8 - 8.5% ?/ i am very much interested . TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 429455)
what kind of FE difference one can expect between tyres of 195 profile and 205 profile? and can anyone point out what kind of FE (approx) can be got with light footedness, mostly on higher gears, 205 profile tyres and say 25% a/c ?

difference in FE will be max 1-2% worst case, am actually admiring maruti for once for putting on tyres that are deserved by a car and not those skinny things that they term as tyres.

yes any gasoline engine (modern ones) will last for more that 1 lakh km with normal abuse!!