Team-BHP - Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/22789-suzuki-sx4-nhc-type-1-second-hand-edit-sx4-now-booked-edit-1-swift-vdi-booked-7.html)

Can anyone comment on the FE part of sx4. will it be as bad as 9 ? what about the similar verna petrol (w.r.t. bhp/torque curves) does it also give that less? any inputs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 432330)
Can anyone comment on the FE part of sx4. will it be as bad as 9 ? what about the similar verna petrol (w.r.t. bhp/torque curves) does it also give that less? any inputs?

Commenting on FE of SX4 is going to be a high ask.
Only if someone has bought one and taken it from Full to Empty can we have a fair prediction. Which I am sure is going to take atleast 10 -15 days.

From what I see, FE on SX4 is going to be low when you compare it to NHC

Just read that the 2L, 140 bhp (automatic) hatch version of the SX4 has a city FE of around 26mpg (Gas Mileage of 2007 Suzuki SX4) in the US... That's around 11 kpl.

So, I would think the 1.6 litre 100ish bhp SX4 sedan will logically be more frugal, even after factoring fuel quality differences and poorer road conditions...

so finally its going to be sx4. now for the colour dilemma. i like the sunlight copper but the consignment is yet to be shipped with that colour and might take a total of 11-12 days to be given to me finally.

the other ready colours are azure grey, silver and black. black is difficult to maintain and any dents scratches will show badly on it. but i still want TBHPs opinion on these three colours - black, silver and of course my own booking colour sunlight copper.

I love black. black will hide the bulk of the car very well. It's not really difficult to maintain. I've maintained it for 7 years. darker colours will hide the tall stance and SUVish looks.

ok my loans approved from SBI - 2 days time. thats sooooper fast. black or silver can be blocked for me, no sign of sunlight copper yet. must i wait or must i choose in one of black or silver? i love black too, but if you dont clean it daily, (i park it outside my house on the pavement) then it ll look real bad. also a lot of trouble mongers in bangalore just wait for new black cars to scratch on it while you are busy shopping. they even break mirrors or whatever. for all this black cars are generally targeted first. i have to tell the dealer by tomorrow, so i need inputs guys what you feel?

- should i take black because it will be delivered early?
- should i take silver because its next in line to black?
- should i wait (endlessly) for sunlight copper, though i love the colour but still dont know if its even despatched?

Go with the silver Srik. Its a nice light colour and it most certainly looks good on the SX4. Though black looks hot maintaining it is an issue and yes with the heat around you'll be be HOT in a black car too :D

Hope you get your car soon :)

copper for sure .. new and vibrant ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 435931)
ok my loans approved from SBI - 2 days time. thats sooooper fast. black or silver can be blocked for me, no sign of sunlight copper yet. must i wait or must i choose in one of black or silver? i love black too, but if you dont clean it daily, (i park it outside my house on the pavement) then it ll look real bad. also a lot of trouble mongers in bangalore just wait for new black cars to scratch on it while you are busy shopping. they even break mirrors or whatever. for all this black cars are generally targeted first. i have to tell the dealer by tomorrow, so i need inputs guys what you feel?

- should i take black because it will be delivered early?
- should i take silver because its next in line to black?
- should i wait (endlessly) for sunlight copper, though i love the colour but still dont know if its even despatched?

Hey Geek, I can understand your dilemma. But just a clarification, is it that you need the vehicle desperately and right now you have no personal conveyance so to say. If that is not the case, then why dont you wait for your favourite color, end of the day its not TBHPians but you who is going to drive and enjoy the vehicle and color is a pretty much personal preference and based on your posts I feel that the smile that would appear on your face if you sit in the copper sx4 shall be incomparable to any other color that you buy. So go for what you like and what you think shall bring a smile on your face after possession. All the best.

-POGU

i ve just told the dealer, i wont take anything else but copper. so my next post to this thread (perhaps the last too) would be a snap of my possession :) and thanks for all your replies. the new car launches in the recent two months have been enjoyable ending with the sx4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 436072)
i ve just told the dealer, i wont take anything else but copper. so my next post to this thread (perhaps the last too) would be a snap of my possession :) and thanks for all your replies. the new car launches in the recent two months have been enjoyable ending with the sx4.

Smart choice Geek, all the best, enjoy. Do post the pics and the review.

Wow Geek, that was a long journey starting with Getz Prime 1.1, Palio Stile, Swift Diesel, Used HC, a budget of "Rs 6 lacs and not one paisa more" and finally to SX4 ! Hope you will take delivery of this soon before you change your mind :)

Congrats geek,nice colour choice.

Quote:

Diwali time. but this SX4 pricing might just induce a change in Honda's plan
Sorry for hijacking this thread but N_C is this 2007 or 2008 we are talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoc (Post 432436)
Just read that the 2L, 140 bhp (automatic) hatch version of the SX4 has a city FE of around 26mpg (Gas Mileage of 2007 Suzuki SX4) in the US... That's around 11 kpl.

So, I would think the 1.6 litre 100ish bhp SX4 sedan will logically be more frugal, even after factoring fuel quality differences and poorer road conditions...

We do not have to go by the US FE figures since they can mislead us. Reason being traffic conditions. One can drive at consistent speeds in US (leaving out some cities). Our traffic conditions are worse, so it is difficult to predict, but 10-11 KMPL seems possible.

Is NHC VTEC coming in new exterior shape as well? Is the price increasing for additional features?