Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2007, 20:17   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i ve just told the dealer, i wont take anything else but copper. so my next post to this thread (perhaps the last too) would be a snap of my possession .
ATTABOY! Thats telling them!

Thats a terrific buying experience writeup - surely takes the crown!
Old 26th May 2007, 16:28   #107
Senior - BHPian

ok some updates. today the dealer spoke with me. he said the sunlight copper i can get in about 10-12 days from now out of some discretionary maruti quota. while i am happy finally i am getting what i wanted, i m sure there is no quota or any such stuff out here. its just that the normal delivery time has come. so much for waiting. all's well that ends.

a couple of mails to maruti, follow ups with loca/regional zonal offices, patience to wait it out and a few follow ups with dealer, finally the mirage looks to be getting towards reality. from sx4 launch ..... coming soon, its now sx4 delivery .... coming soon.
Old 6th June 2007, 13:42   #108
Senior - BHPian

more updates,

i go to dealer, he says sunlight copper has no production. i say ok give me grey and he says the colour change must first reflect and i should wait for another month to get it. he says take white otherwise. since no one is taking it i guess

i m terribly mad at these guys. i m seriously thinking of the palio 1.6 now. or the good old honda city of my friend. trouble is the sbi bank cheque of 3 lacs is with me now and unutilized and its a trouble trying to get that cheque changed to another dealer/car now. two of my emis are going now one for the old car i have another for the car i never have !!

i m tired. i m thinking of giving up on this sx4 thingy if it doesnt come by next week.
Old 6th June 2007, 13:47   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hey stick to it mate. It is a good car and I am sure the wait will be worth it. Only make sure you never go to that dealer again. Moron.
Old 6th June 2007, 22:33   #110
Senior - BHPian

Well I feel you are in wrong dealership, I guess its BIMAL which is one of the worst dealerships in Bangalore according to many, They promise but never do it.

Their mechanics say fixed the problem comes back within 1 week.

They say they will give discounts but when we talk they say they don't have stock!

I have experienced and seen many pathetic stories with BIMAL. I feel you have booked your car with BIMAL.

Since SX4 is new car it has huge demand right now. Pare using other way to buy this from dealership. Therearemany guys who baught it within a day, but actual honest person never get it.

We are with you I wish within a week you get a call saying your car stock has arrived.

Regards,

Ravi.

OT: +ve things about SX4, great value and great features (abs/airbag/big wheels/automatic climate control...), Maruti backed up service, resale value might be good, over all package. Its derived from Fiat platform (Linea..)...

-ve: I read and heard SX4 has issue with AC and if AC is on its not pulling much, it has cramped rear seat, fit and finish/quality not upto mark, FE max. 10kmpl in city driving, its huge from outside but small inside, not brilliant usage of interiors, its not sound proof car, even if all windows rolled up you can hear noise inside (its like Santro and Swift). I owned Santro and Swift.

I found Santro has better handling/ sharp braking/ less noise inside compared with Swift but its again personal experience and both uses different technology. SX4 engine not refined like Honda/Toyota. SX4 is not as fast as Corolla.

might turn out to be costly affair in long run. So why can't you think about Used luxury cars like Optra, Corolla, Cedia. In Bangalore you can find very good used car.

When you have planned for Sedan don't think about Pailo/Swift/Getz. so either buy SX4 or buy other sedan please.
Old 7th June 2007, 00:47   #111
Senior - BHPian

Hey Geek,

Relax buddy and be patient, things sometimes do take time, dont change your decision and stick with the SX4 its a gem of a car. I booked a VDi with ABS on 14th Feb, was getting a VDi on 10 March but without ABS, i waited till i got ABS, i got it after 3 months or so on 26th May just for ABS, it was totally worth the wait.
Old 7th June 2007, 12:39   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I found Santro has better handling/ sharp braking/ less noise inside compared with Swift but its again personal experience and both uses different technology.
Give me a break
And this thread is about SX4, please keep your Swift woes out of this topic.
Old 7th June 2007, 13:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

To DCeite: I am just giving example about Santro and Swift since I own them. Same applies with SX4 (Swift) and NHC(Santro). So I compared with example Santro and Swift. Many members here own Swift and Santro and very less NHC, SX4. By giving examples like this this will help members to understand what I mean.

I don't own SX4/NHC but when I tried thats the feeling I felt. I have put this is my personal opinion so you should not point out like this. ALso I have put that comment as OT (Off topic)

Ravi.
Old 7th June 2007, 13:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

Ravibhat - I see no logic whatsoever by making SX4 as Swift and NHC as Santro and comparing, please. I have extensively driven Swift, Santro, NHC & SX4 and can very much say that a Swift handles much better then a Santro anyday, a NHC cant hold a candle to the SX4 as far as handling is concerned. The NHC has lower noise but Santro having less noise then a Swift

All this is off topic and the buyer has already finalised on his decision so no point talking about Santro and Swift here, please. Maybe your limited edition car was a lemon but Swift is much better then a Santro and hence 2 segments apart.
Old 7th June 2007, 14:33   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
trouble is the sbi bank cheque of 3 lacs is with me now and unutilized and its a trouble trying to get that cheque changed to another dealer/car now.
@GeekSrik, IMO this should not be as big a problem as you think. Just visit another MUL dealer and ask. PM @nikunj_cal. He switched dealerships for his swift and he had a SBI loan too (in Kolkata).
If the alternate dealer has stock or can give you your choice of colour, they'll jolly well arrange to get the cheque transferred to their name.
Old 7th June 2007, 19:58   #116
Senior - BHPian

BUSA you should not comment like that on me. Its clearly my personal opinion that I posted and I mentioned it too, I am posting based on my personal experience taking it or not its your call! I have also put my comment as OT (Off topic) when I posted and so why you and other members raise words about it ?

Ravi.
Old 7th June 2007, 20:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

guys, please do drop the discussion ! i ve well taken both your comments. i spoke with other dealerships, they all say 2 more months waiting time. and for swift VDI, 6 months is what is specified. so i am sticking to bimal for now. my only worry is about the price of the car going up by another 10-20k. that would hurt me badly.
Old 9th June 2007, 22:31   #118
Senior - BHPian

wonder why i have so many updates on this thread. anyways, the old honda is no more available, so i went to a dealer of fiat in bangalore and took an invoice for the 1.6. just called maruti dealer and told him the same. immediately he told me that they might be sending me a sunlight copper sx4 by monday and he will inform me if that is being done or not. i ve set a deadline of monday evening to withdraw the sx4 booking. after all i have to have deadlines for everything especially with people who are non committal on delivery dates atleast.

atleast even this willingness was not there earlier, but after the tata story, maruti is suddenly waking up towards me. till monday, its an easy wait.
Old 9th June 2007, 22:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Well sriky I came across a similar story on another website who actually even went onto cancel his booking from bimal,so maybe they will be cautious this time round.
Old 10th June 2007, 09:31   #120
Senior - BHPian

Srik I still suggest since you like SX4 go for it, otherwise since you could afford SX4 (cash/loan..) think about Adventure instead of Pailo the reason is you will be more happy in Advneture than pailo because you wanted SX4, If you have another car to use don't buy anything for now lets wait and watch another 2 months according to me Logan might come out with change in variant, NHC facelift more options might come, Why hurry up.

Today read in TOI Maruti has put letter type ad since there is huge demand on SX4, Swift very soon they will work out to make sure they give faster delivery. May be your request has reached Mr. Kattar

Regards,

Ravi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed