Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 07:25   #166
BHPian

@Nimz: Concorde told me they have only 3 retros right now. all red ones, also i got a feeling as if they want to sell them off asap.

think they're making market for the 1.6 stile by selling off older models. see the figures i quote are whatever they told me w/o me doing any bargaining at all

U'll def. get a better deal i think. btw, the prices u have are the same as what i got. (they told me 5K corporate discount) so its the same

try to get as much of acc as possible. and one more thing, i have a feeling that these guys are going to sell the same vehicles they're giving us to TD, so we need to be careful before we buy.

my opinion: U get the fully loaded retro for lesser price and to tell u the truth it looks cooler than the new one too. go for the retro.

diff: retro has a spoiler - stile 1.6 doesnt
stile 1.6 has engine immobiliser - retro doesnt. (shouldnt matter much)
retro is fully loaded at 4.75 - stile 1.6 u may have to goodify urself

i wonder if there's some way we can make sure, we dont get a fully used and TD-ed vehicle.

btw, i'm prospective buyer myself, dont have any car now, so wouldnt know anything about svc. but if u want my opinion, i think it'll def. improve india's too big a market that fiat can ignore.

-EMD
Old 26th May 2007, 10:39   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@Bottle. congrats on your decision! Can you share the price(OTR) that you got it for? Is it the retro sport or the stile? which dealer did you go to?
got it from concorde near raj bhavan. otr price from showroom is 4.84 i think . got a 10k discount so arn 4.74
Old 26th May 2007, 13:03   #168
Senior - BHPian

edit : forgot to mention i got a stile 1.6

(mod please merge with above post)
Old 26th May 2007, 16:06   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
think they're making market for the 1.6 stile by selling off older models.

btw, i'm prospective buyer myself, dont have any car now, so wouldnt know anything about svc. but if u want my opinion, i think it'll def. improve india's too big a market that fiat can ignore.

-EMD
@EMD, I think they can create a bigger market for the 1.6 stile by simply having vehicles for TD!

Just wondering, isn't the stile 1.6 fully loaded too, but for the spoiler? Or, is it missing something from the retro? Coming to the quality of plastics and interiors, apart from the bad (personal opinion) two-tone color, which did you find better?

Agree with your last statement, saw an Ad in today's newspaper about Fiat's free checkup camp in Chennai. Lets hope they've made a beginning on the (long) road to good A**!

@Ballkey, that sounds like a great deal, mate. You beat Concorde B'lore's offer by 1K! Enjoy your ride and do post details of your experience with the car and the service as you go along.
Old 26th May 2007, 16:11   #170
BHPian

@Bottle, so you got a Stile 1.6? Congrats on being (possibly) the first owner on T-BHP! You owe us some pics then. Are the interiors any different from the 1.1s?
Old 26th May 2007, 19:00   #171
BHPian

[quote=EatMyDust;447951
U'll def. get a better deal i think. btw, the prices u have are the same as what i got. (they told me 5K corporate discount) so its the same
[/quote]

@EMD not much discounts.. it looks like they can go more.. but would affct the interest rates/accessories etc it seems
[quote=EatMyDust;447951
try to get as much of acc as possible. and one more thing, i have a feeling that these guys are going to sell the same vehicles they're giving us to TD, so we need to be careful before we buy.
[/quote]

If we note the engine no. of the car we TD would that help.. maybe other t-bhpians could throw some light on what to look for

[quote=EatMyDust;447951
diff: retro has a spoiler - stile 1.6 doesnt
stile 1.6 has engine immobiliser - retro doesnt. (shouldnt matter much)
[/quote]

The Stile has tubeless tires which the retro doesnt.. its a little lighter. Extra styling on the ORVMs etc.. What beats me is the Retro without discount is 5.45 Lacs OTR Banglore while the Stile 1.6 sport is 5.06 Lacs OTR Bangalore.

Looks like Chennai is cheap.. Bottle has got a stile 1.6 for 4.74L a cool 30K lesser than what we in Bangalore have to get.
Old 26th May 2007, 19:45   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
got it from concorde near raj bhavan. otr price from showroom is 4.84 i think . got a 10k discount so arn 4.74
Congrats Bottle. Dont think there are any discounts on the Stile here..
Old 26th May 2007, 21:49   #173
BHPian

Quote:
@Ballkey, that sounds like a great deal, mate. You beat Concorde B'lore's offer by 1K! Enjoy your ride and do post details of your experience with the car and the service as you go along.
@Bottle, sorry for the mistake with the name. This was intended for you...
Old 28th May 2007, 11:57   #174
BHPian

Another bad A.S.S. story

I just read a very disheartening post on PUG(Palio Users Group) that someone's Palio is stuck at the workshop without parts for over 2 months! The person has also written that there's another palio in the same workshop which has been rotting without parts for even longer, despite the owner having escalated the issue to Fiat India.

This frankly tilts the balance away from a purchase decision on the Stile 1.6.
Old 28th May 2007, 16:28   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This and a few more things is why Mr.Kishore @ concorde didnt get our booking for the 1.6
Old 28th May 2007, 16:41   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And justly so. While the 1.6 range from Fiat is a line up of fun products, prospective owners should get in with their eyes open. Better to err on the side of caution. In fact if you are not in Mumbai/Pune, better go for the Swift. Unless you are willing to live with some 'on the edge' feeling.
Old 29th May 2007, 00:31   #177
BHPian

Quote:
I just read a very disheartening post on PUG(Palio Users Group) that someone's Palio is stuck at the workshop without parts for over 2 months! The person has also written that there's another palio in the same workshop which has been rotting without parts for even longer, despite the owner having escalated the issue to Fiat India.

Well... my dad was just berating my decision of going for the 1.6 Sport saying that as this was my first car, it was better to go for a car that sells in large volumes as parts, mechanics etc wil be easily available and to move towards cars like the 1.6 Sport once am comfortable with owning a car.. and now I see this post. Guess dad was right after all.. Let me wait for a TD of the Spark in Blore on June 8.
Old 1st June 2007, 12:39   #178
BHPian

sorry guys - i couldnt do my test drives last weekend - had a busy and wonderful personal event that made me skip the U-va, palio and swift test drives planned.
well - today i hope to plan the TD of the 1.6 stile from concorde blr. funny thing is the salesperson mentioned they have a retro 1.6 for TD and that i can see the 1.6 stile (!). i plainly told him i need to do TD of BOTH ( ) and he said he can arrange a TD of the 1.6 stile too "exclusively for you sir".
So hopefully he will bring the 1.6 retro home and then we drive to showroom, take a small spin of the 1.6 stile and then i drive back with the 1.1 slx. (all in 1 shot eh? lol)
let me see and i hope my lazy self does not prevent me from posting in something after today. (maybe in the TD section)
Do let me know if any tips or suggestsions for the TD and negotiations.

Cheers

Last edited by sithon : 1st June 2007 at 12:50. Reason: typo
Old 1st June 2007, 12:55   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I know the guy. The parts awaited are engine block and some other critical stuff. They are not the regular consumable or the doors or the lights. The car had a shunt front on and the front underbelly was damaged badly including the engine block and the gearbox. The spares are taking time because the 1.6 engine isnt made in India. (correct me If I am wrong)
Old 1st June 2007, 16:45   #180
Senior - BHPian

Can someone authentically cofirm if the FIAT 1.6 engine is not being made in INDIA. I dnt think its fully imported.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks