|17th February 2008, 20:52||#197|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked: 89 Times
20 kmpl for a 1.1 is just awesome for a car like the palio taking into consideration the weight of the car.
|18th February 2008, 08:50||#198|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked: 141 Times
I seriously doubt if your info is correct. I Have been told that the 1.6 comes only n Black and Red. PLease do not make any advance payments unless you get it in writing that the colour you want would be made available within a particular period. In other case they might tell you later on that you will ahve to wait for months for your colour to come and pressurize you on the black and red whick i seriously believe are the only two 1.6 colours available.
Here is what i would like you to be ready for.
1) If You are very much concerened about Service Quality and Parts Availablility over the counter. Stay Away from FIAT. If you are ready to wait for a few weeks for your parts to arrive and if youa re willing to spend time with the service guys and see to it that all your issues are taken care of, Well then this is the best car your money can buy.
2) If you are F.E consious and want more than 12-13 km in city and above 16 on highways. Stay Away from the 1.6. THe 1.6 would give you around 9-12 in city depending on our driving style. On highways this could go to a miximum of 16 again depending very much on how you drive her.
The Palio (FIAT) is known for its suspension. If you want good ride comfort. This is the best car at the price. The 1.6 is fun to drive. The 1.1 is good for F.E.
In anycase. If you want another option. Try the U-Va. It handles highways pretty well. Its Very Huge on space. But you might miss out on quite a few features at your budget range.
I belive the 4% finance disount is when yout ake it rom their finance people. Ask nationalised banks i guess you would get a better rate there. THe payout option might just not be that good practically. Not sure though. Do your calculations before deciding.
Last edited by gemithomas : 18th February 2008 at 08:52.
|18th February 2008, 13:15||#199|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked: 9 Times
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']You are right; other colours are also available in 1.6 now.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']Please Test Drive 1.6 also before deciding on the car. Performance wise there is huge difference. If you think of putting 1.6's alloy and tyres on 1.1 then the price difference will not be much but still the driving experience (high speed stability and performance) will remain huge. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']On discount front you need to bargain more. I got insurance free worth around 19,500 + Free Teflon + Free antirust treatment + 50%discount on extended warranty + free mat and mud frap. On finance front I got 10.25% from TATA Finance, no finance discount. Bargain for a better deal. Best of luck.[/FONT][/COLOR]
|18th February 2008, 19:09||#200|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 4 Times
1.6 is available in Magnesium Grey too and it took 15-16 days for my car to get delivered. But yes, you are right, there were a lot of emailing and shouting on the phone.
Get everything in writing - even the mud flaps and mats. I did not get anything promised apart from the car.
|19th February 2008, 13:03||#201|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Waiting for 1.3MJD
I have decided to go for new car in March. I am awaiting Palio 1.3 MJD.
I want atleast ABS in the car.
My short list is :
1) Spark LT with Option pack(Alloys+Driver ABAG+ABS) discount of 40K in Mumbai. They have promised to hold the price even after budget till 31st March. Lot of places to keep things! Double folding split rear seat is really nice. It increases space very big. So with 3-4 persons good luggage can be carried.
2) Swift ZXi discount of about 15k on exchange. May not go for it as rattles which cannot be eliminated.(Ref Geeksrik's continued report on SWIFT VDi)
3) Getz GLX (ABS+ ALLOYS). Overpriced but 30K discount possible.
4) Palio 1.3 MJD if priced right.(Even if no ABS) and equipment levels of 1.1SLX (I liked 1.1 SLX drive). Being diesel may have good re-sale value.
I planning to buy around March 15,2008.
Any news of MSI's SPLASH?
|19th February 2008, 13:16||#202|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Thanked: 21 Times
Good decision to wait for the MJD. It seems like Fiat will launch it by then. Hope they get it right this time.
This thread will keep on growing in the coming month because of the attractive title.
Sorry! I disagree. It can be taken care of. A good damping job is all what it takes. I've been there and done that.