Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 02:36   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
I think there will be no difference in performance between stile 1.6 and earlier 1.6. So taking a td on stile makes no senseif you have driven a 1.6 .
What if a customer has not driven a 1.6 ever? How can he be expected to judge the car, especially for a person like me who values the engine/gearbox/steering/brakes as the most vital components of a car?

Is he expected to take the salesman's word that the 1.1 is just like the 1.6? Hardly a good sales ploy.
Old 26th April 2007, 04:41   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think there will be no difference in performance between stile 1.6 and earlier 1.6.
Which earlier 1.6? It seems there were 2 different engines earlier!
Old 26th April 2007, 06:14   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Which earlier 1.6? It seems there were 2 different engines earlier!
2 engines yes.But,1580 CC only on old look Siena and Weekender.Remember?
Palios and its subsequent avatars have always had the 1596 CC since launch.
Old 26th April 2007, 09:54   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Can you please elaborate this statement?
Well, I hope you have alredy got the drift. If you still didn't get, let me try.
To make it simple let me bring examples of "hot air Balloon estimation"
Example 1
Quote:
They have the earlier 1.6, which has the same engine as Stile 1.6!
May be true. But what are the other changes on the new Palio 1.6 stile? When is it getting available? Anyone knows? On post 111, you are saying
Quote:
As you know, strange are the ways of Fiat India, we have no other options but to live with it!
True for you, but others, like the thread starter, have many other options to live with. Shouldn't we be responsible enough to give correct information to those who seek?
I would have taken your word as final if your name ended with a certain "Agnelli".
Example 2- hot air balloon estimation of a hotter variety
Quote:
I think there will be no difference in performance between stile 1.6 and earlier 1.6. So taking a td on stile makes no sense if you have driven a 1.6 .
Fiat had to provide an improved engine which develops better torque at lower rpms. It might have given it an edge in overtaking with confidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I have! Even went for a test drive. Loved it!!! But since I've not driven a 1.6 before, I can't compare. Rs. 4.6L on road here in NOIDA. The salesman said they have one readily available but even if they don't have one in stock, they can get it maximum 15 days.
Thank you @ashutoshb. We would love more insights from you.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:20   #125
BHPian

I will

I dared to buy Palio 1.2ELX in 2001. Till date no issues & still loving every ride.

Initially serviced with TVS Cochin & now with RF Motors Cochin. No issues with either.

Now with TATA in picture, I would say nightmare wrt servicing FIAT cars are thing of past. Its like if INDICA is getting good service backups Palio is also getting it now.

I would suggest to take a Test drive, feel it..then decide..Palio is just like anyother car now..was a well engineered car with poor *** but now that is also taken care.

It is like having another good option to think of......not just for die hard FIAT fans like in past.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:24   #126
BHPian

I meant there will be hardly any changes to the engine used in palio gtx and sports.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:01   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
Now with TATA in picture, I would say nightmare wrt servicing FIAT cars are thing of past. Its like if INDICA is getting good service backups Palio is also getting it now.
Dear, I beg to differ, Though they try to take care of fiat the way they are taking care of indica, but it will still take some more time to learn & troubleshoot fiats.. probably going to tata's having a fiat mechanics is a better idea.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
A clarification I require :
Are the interiors of the Stile 1.1 / 1.2 and the Stile 1.6 identical (of course barring the 'extras').
Here is sentence to complete the minimum word requirement!
Old 26th April 2007, 12:14   #129
BHPian

Go for palio, I have 1.6sport retro 07. And I am getting 11.5 kmpl in city with 80%AC on.

You will never regret buying a palio it is a value for money deal .

-channa
Old 26th April 2007, 13:53   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Are the interiors of the Stile 1.1 / 1.2 and the Stile 1.6 identical (of course barring the 'extras').
There is no Stile 1.2 available. Only 1.1 & 1.6.

And yes the interiors are identical to the 1.1 SLX (with brushed aluminum inserts). The feature list of the 1.1 SLX & 1.6 is the same.

Didn't click any pics because everybody has seen how the new stile looks. Its the same.

Regarding the TD....I drove both 1.1 & 1.6. The former is seriously underpowered...and the latter quite the opposite. And as I've not driven the 1.6 before, I can't compare. But I quite liked it...and if everything goes well...I will buy one in black within the next 15 days.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:55   #131
Senior - BHPian

no the feature list of 1.1 and 1.6 is not same. lotsa difference there.

Alloys
spoiler
only 2 colours
metal pedals

and much more. check it out on the website.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:58   #132
Senior - BHPian

@MF... Fusion is more practical, but not nearly as good to drive and does not handles well given its mini SUV roots. It hasn't got the squat stance the 1.6 palio has and the steering isnt as good too.

The original GTX was a 100 BHP engine not P.S, saying ford's 1.6 is much ahead is a huge overstatement. Its is more economical but thats about it.... in all areas of performance the FIAT motor is still close, and trumps it in few.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:15   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@MF...
Arre yaar please use the full name. MF sounds like a Gaali .

As you say about the Ford but the 1.6 in the Ikon is better in terms of power delivery than the Palio too. Although their power bands are in different rpm range the Ikon too makes more fun driving in the city and so is the Fusion.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:53   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

As you say about the Ford but the 1.6 in the Ikon is better in terms of power delivery than the Palio too. Although their power bands are in different rpm range the Ikon too makes more fun driving in the city and so is the Fusion.
Yes, Ikon 1.6 is a bit more responsive, but thats only in the lower part of the rev band.Palio 1.6 was always better in the mid range.

You know what, I think FIAT should have always given the GTX and the Stile, the S10's shorter gear ratios for the 3rd and 4th.And the 4th gear is not an overdrive,unlike the GTX and Stile.

I once drove the Ikon 1.6 and my S10 back to back in the city.And I kid you not, the S10 can eat up the Ikon 1.6 in terms of response and power delivery. In the 1st and 2nd, the S10 is just another GTX.But enter third, and boy it turns into a maniac.Its actually difficult to control all that sudden power surge in city traffic.Same for the 4th cog,you upshift from 3rd, the engine takes a moment to catch its breath and then surges even faster.Its addictive,its brilliant.And the other bit is,because of the shorter ratios, the car becomes even more driveable in city traffic.

The Ikon was a sweet drive, and I thought the two cars were very similar, except for the S10's super punch in higher gears.Atleast I thought the S10 was much more involving to drive and has a brilliant exhaust note to boot.

By the way, anyone has a 0-100 timing for the S10? I think it would go faster than the GTX.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:33   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
By the way, anyone has a 0-100 timing for the S10? I think it would go faster than the GTX.
Dont know abt GTX v/s S10 but if THIS LINK is to be believed, the Ikon is slower?

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th April 2007 at 18:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks