Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 23:56   #16
BHPian

@ Cartech: Palio is a good car. If you did do your research before quitting on the Palio earlier due to the lack of colours then you would know it is one of the best hot hatches money can buy.

About the interiors yes it can be better . But you can add your own touches to make it look nice. If you are the sporty kind add a few gauges on the A pillar. If you are the subdued elegant kind get a nice LCD display equipped HU to add to the Spice it up

@ RKirana looks like you have a serious grouse against Maruti. But you have got a few facts wrong

1. The 1.6 engine is from the Torque series not the FIRE series
2. The Esteem and the Palio engine will probably be of the same vintage. Fiat just added the 1.6 Engine from their stable. Both the engines have been worked on progressively over the years to produce better power and reduced Emissions. Being an engine that we know is available from Mid 1990's does not make the Esteem engine old. The Palio that we knew was the secound generation, The first generation Palio was made in 1996 . Around the same time as the Esteem came into our market.

@ Condor

I believe Cartech might have been quoting the difference between the ZXI Swift and 1.6 Palio on road prices.

All said and done from Above. Would i buy the Palio or the Swift. Well my vote goes to Palio until Suzuki deem it fit to equip the Palio with the wonderful 1.6 Sport version engine available in Europe.

Last edited by sreedotk : 6th April 2007 at 00:00. Reason: added response to Condor's Quote
Old 6th April 2007, 00:24   #17
BHPian

Go for the palio 1.6 you wont regret. Will get more than 10.5 in city and above 14.5 in highway. Just check whether the body is stronger like old palio.
Old 6th April 2007, 01:10   #18
BHPian

Well if you ask me, go for GETZ. Its super refined, great interiors, and very nice engine. Generates good power.
And i bet Getz is as spacious as Palio, if not more. Its more stylish, cheaper, refined and has better build quality than the new Palio(though the old Palio was a tank)
Had it been the Palio GTX, no 2 minds on it..wud have gone for it....but the new Palio 1.6...not that great when compared to Swift Diesel and Getz.
Getz is a great car. And for 5 lacs, u can the top end Getz with ABS etc. etc.. and all goodies

But thats just my opinion.

I hope we all can keep our old Palio love aside, and look at this with a more introspective angle.
Old 6th April 2007, 01:55   #19

should u go for Palio Stile

Defect is in the the Dealer's attitude to give good service to customer, rather than in the cars produced by fiat Automobiles. Service quality of dealers & sales & service policy of fiat India needs overhaul.Ihave very unpleasant experience with dealer as well as with service dept of fiat India. Go for new launch if you are fond of learning new experience.
Old 6th April 2007, 07:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

I was driven around in the (now) old Palio 1.6 last december. I found the AC powerful even at low setting.

1.6 should be red or yellow or black!
Old 6th April 2007, 09:37   #21
BHPian

it will take around a couple of years and a couple of models more to provide A. S. S.
Old 6th April 2007, 10:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

I would go for the Palio. That's because I know what to expect and really dont like the Swift. However, the Swift has quite a few things going for it:

1. It is a Maruti
2. It has ABS
3. Does it have airbags? Dunno.
4. It has the looks if you like them. (I don't)
5. It is proven, as it has been around for some time

The Palio is good on paper. I like it. But I really don't know about you. Also as some one was suggesting, look at the Getz as well. It is a decent car.
Old 6th April 2007, 11:14   #23
BHPian

I share your dilemma... looking at buying a hatch, but my budget is about 4.5-5L. In your case, it looks like FE is important... and sportiness is not!! If that's true, palio 1.6 is definitely not for you... go for the swift zxi, the best compromise between FE and sportiness, plus the automatic climate control is definitely recomended. I know I would've, if only I could afford it.
Old 6th April 2007, 13:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
go for the swift zxi, the best compromise between FE and sportiness, plus the automatic climate control is definitely recomended. I know I would've, if only I could afford it.
Sensible advice. Slightly going off topic, but are you from IIM-A?
Old 6th April 2007, 16:24   #25
BHPian

It is becoming a three party war between fiat, maruti, hyundai fans. All the vehicles mentioned are good. It should be well contemplated before making a final decision.

I prefer to go for palio if it s' top model is 30000 rs cheaper than that of competitors. Because you can use that money to buy some ad ons like stanleys etc to give a lift to its so called 'dull' interiors.
Old 6th April 2007, 17:13   #26
BHPian

1.6 in only 2 colors!!!

Called Shaman & Wasan. Both said that 1.6 will be available in Red and Black only. No other colours possible. Why they can't mention this on their web site? The Wasan guy told that he will find out from Fiat whether any other colour can be ordered. If not then I am going in for Swift ZXi. No Getz.

Can somebody outside Mumbai confirm this?
Old 6th April 2007, 18:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Sensible advice. Slightly going off topic, but are you from IIM-A?
Yups I am, guess you figured that from my nick.

Btw, I'm quite enamored by the Palio 1.6... the pricing's absolutely mouth-watering!! Compared to the swift zxi and the getz 1.3glx, this one comes with loads of power and all the bells and whistles at a fraction of the price... the money you save can be spent on swanky footwear, ICE, tints etc. and still still leave enough to make up for the loss in FE!!

I'm eagerly waiting to test drive this one... now if only I can get some respite from corporate slavery!!
Old 6th April 2007, 19:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Called Shaman & Wasan. Both said that 1.6 will be available in Red and Black only. No other colours possible.
There we go again.Fiat's madness does continue in some form or the other. I dont see a reason why other colours should not available for the 1.6.Infact, the new 'Ozone Blue' is the best of the lot. The 1.6 Sport would really cool in that one.Have you confirmed about the colours with Shaman Auto?

I dont think rear spoiler is included in the Sports package this time around.Visually, the 1.6 has just two things added to make it look different from the 1.1 SLX - Alloys and black plastic styling strips to cover the B-pillar.
Old 7th April 2007, 01:39   #29
BANNED

Build quality: Fiat Palio > Hyundai Getz > maruti swift

Fuel efficiency: all are almost same with max 1 kpl difference (that is negligible)..I get around 9 kpl in Swift in city with A/c and my friend's getz returns almost same...They say Swift is higher .. if yes, marginally

***: Maruti/Hyundai > Fiat

Power: Palio Stile 1.6>Swift>Getz

Engine: Getz is the same engine as the one exported to European markets.
Swift is old esteem vintage engine. Fiat engine is from Torque series (as my friend corrected me).
So Hyundai Getz>FIat palio>Maruti Swift for the engine modernity and refinement

With all its goodies, the Palio 1.6 is a steal compared to Swift and Getz for the same price....Palio 1.6 Stile has more features than Swift vxi and Getz equivalent..Also the engine is more powerful

Rankings: 1. Palio 1.6 2. Getz Prime 1.3 (close second) 3. Swift Petrol (distant third)
Old 7th April 2007, 01:56   #30
BHPian

Hi ..

I think you should go in for the 1.6 . About the weight factor i think only the 1.1 is going see some shedding of BHP and weight .

One more thing ,people please correct me if am wrong FIAT would be servced thrugh only TATA guys and FIAT has closed or will be closing all its dealership ,thats the reason we dont see javali and thribhuvan on the website anymore .

Thanks ...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks