Old 1st May 2007, 18:59   #151
Senior - BHPian

so eta for 1.6 stile is arn 15 days ?
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:54   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
so eta for 1.6 stile is arn 15 days ?
Well there is no sure shot answer to this... BUT I did get a call again from Concorde Motors to say that the NFP 1.6 is not yet in transit stock.

The guy was saying the shipment will probably be despatched by the weekend, it can be expected in Bangy 7 days from the date of departure.

They currently have 3 bookings for the Palio Stile 1.6
Old 14th May 2007, 16:23   #153
Team-BHP Support

I spotted a Palio Stile 1.6 Sport yesterday. It was black in colour and had a good road presence. The alloy design doesn't look impressive. Hope Fiat does something about it.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:12   #154
BHPian

Guys - looks like the thread's died out? I'm still waiting for that elusive 1.6 Stile Sport first drive report. Anybody?
Old 21st May 2007, 13:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
Guys - looks like the thread's died out? I'm still waiting for that elusive 1.6 Stile Sport first drive report. Anybody?
I think it will take longer than you would like. I for one will not be able to do it in the next two months. I think you should go in for the Swift. May not be as fast as the Palio 1.6 (at least in theory) but you will have the peace of mind at least.
Old 22nd May 2007, 00:09   #156
BHPian

phew - glad to have found this thread on palio stile at least alive. the other one seems to have been closed.
I'm also looking for buying a new car and did try out the palio stile 1.1 only as they did not have the 1.6. Waiting to try out the 1.6 and Prerana motors here in Sarjapur Rd/Outer ring road says its only been sent and the other office in prerana does not have it either. :(
I also "checked out" (visually and not TD) the Getz prime - didnt think it was VFM at all. yes it did have some good practical interiors but somehow the overall thing didnt appeal to me (except the boot seemed to be a little deep). Thats just how i felt.
Well -i'm going to check out and TD the 1.6 stile as soon as it reaches here hopefully and then also the swift (benefits of being near 3 different manufacturer's show rooms!) Still cant believe its OTR 5.08 in blr!
Any suggestions from blr members on if concorde is better than prerana for both TD and A.S.S for Fiats?
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:39   #157
BHPian

Update: Just spoke to the Prerana motors guy in blr - he says that 1.6 has been dispatched and should be in by the weekend.
If thats the case - maybe some TBHP-ians would mostly meet in the showroom for all ya know
HTH
Old 24th May 2007, 00:56   #158
Senior - BHPian

booked a 1.6 sport .. also heard that 3 black palio 1.6 have been sold and another 2 red have been booked in chennai ? where are all these people hiding
Old 24th May 2007, 18:13   #159
BHPian

hi team bhp - need your advice on the palio sport 1.6 retro. Am looking for a car that has to be:

peppy performance
look stylish
mileage is not much of a factor
maintenance costs - should not be too expensive
trouble free - hmm it should be reliable
resale value - low priority as I buy to drive and not sell again.. I would keep it with me for quite some time if its a car I love.
Am a bachelor and wouldnt load the car with people - maybe a wife in a year or two and an occasional load
Usage - within Bangalore on weekends (50 Kms average) and a monthly drive to say Chennai /Mysore / WOnder La
Budget - 4-4.5 Lacs stretchable a bit but surely not 5 on the road.

Was keen on the old Zen - 2nd hand as didnt want to invest much as it will be my first car.. but am not getting a decent deal. So looking at the Palio Sport 1.6 Retro (as am getting discounts) which makes it within my budget.

Am not too keen on the Santros - Driven a santro xing and was not too happy with the acceleration esp at higher gears

Swift is an option
Palio Retro Sport - love at first sight: Heavily discouraged by friends and family who recommend a MUL offering.

Would like your opinion on other possible cars which would meet my specs and a little more specifically if the Sport 1.6 retro would be right (hence have added this post in this thread). Especially on the maintenance costs and the trouble free part.

Thanks in advance..
Old 24th May 2007, 20:20   #160
BHPian

Nimz, you've found a perfect match for yourself. The Palio 1.6 is relatively trouble free and is a long termer.Buy one and forget about all other cars.There are cars that come close and are better than the palio 1.6 in a few areas,but you will be happy with the Palio 1.6 since your priorities match with what the Palio has to offer.Its fantastic value as well.

If you want a true opinion about cars, this is the website to visit.Dont be discouraged by your friends and others.If you wish to show them why you dont need a Swift, guide them to the technical section on this forum.There are numerous problems cropping up on a lot of Swifts bought by members on this forum.Its not exactly trouble free.I have advised the Swift on a lot of occassions, but not any more.

Anyways, good luck.Take advice from the Bangalore team-bhp members w.r.t the quality of service available.What is the price dif between the Palio 1.6 Sport 'Retro' and the Stile 1.6 (after discounts) ?
Old 24th May 2007, 21:09   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
peppy performance
look stylish
mileage is not much of a factor
maintenance costs - should not be too expensive
trouble free - hmm it should be reliable
resale value - low priority as I buy to drive and not sell again.. I would keep it with me for quite some time if its a car I love.
Thanks in advance..
1. Performance - for that money look no other option than Palio1.6( Even with AC on it has a good performance)
2. Look Stylish - Most People think its better looking car in its class( Again Subjective because you have to love the looks)
3. Maintenance - Fast moving Spares are cheap and resonable cost of maintenance.
4. Trouble free - Its fairly reliable and tested.
5. Resale - will be lower than other cars in the segment but if you plan to keep it more than 5-6 yrs, Its okay to pay for difference because you will enjoy the drive.
6. Milage - 11kmpl in city which can go upto 14kmpl or more on Highways( After first 2000Km) .

Better do a Test drive and see the difference for yourself.
Moreover, this car is loaded with all C class features( except Airbags and ABS).
Happy Buying
GD

Last edited by greatDrive : 24th May 2007 at 21:12.
Old 24th May 2007, 22:20   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
booked a 1.6 sport .. also heard that 3 black palio 1.6 have been sold and another 2 red have been booked in chennai ? where are all these people hiding
@Bottle. congrats on your decision! Can you share the price(OTR) that you got it for? Is it the retro sport or the stile? which dealer did you go to?
Old 24th May 2007, 22:33   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
What is the price dif between the Palio 1.6 Sport 'Retro' and the Stile 1.6 (after discounts) ?
Palio 1.6 Retro: (all incl) 4.75L (incl all accessories + Blau HU + 2 speakers)
Palio 1.6 Stile: (w/o any extra add-ons) 5L

src: concorde motors, bangy

Personally i prefer the retro wow-o-wow and does she know how to run!
Old 24th May 2007, 22:52   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Judging from the reactions the 1.1 Stile is getting from the other thread, the 1.6 Stile seems to be best Fiat currently.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:52   #165
BHPian

Thanks for the replies so far team BHP. I felt the Swift was overhyped with every other guy driving one. Again am not one for creature comforts.. would love a lean and mean machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
Palio 1.6 Retro: (all incl) 4.75L (incl all accessories + Blau HU + 2 speakers)
Palio 1.6 Stile: (w/o any extra add-ons) 5L

src: concorde motors, bangy
Well I got 5.06 for the Stile 1.06 and something closer to 4.8 L incl accessories though the sales person ddint go specific into all that..

@Eatmydust - do u have the retro? How is the service. Planning a TD this weekend. Guess will have to bargain on the price front.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed