Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 17:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Datsun Go CVT vs Maruti S-Presso AMT

Dear all, Thanks for your guidance.
Took TD of Tiago and didn't feel as nimble as Spresso to drive (no offence to existing owners of Tiago)
I now plan to TD Ignis as it's seen as a better offering from Maruti. Datsun still has no TD vehicle and i've lost interest with Datsun with their lack of support on the ground.
Ignis seem to tick all the checks atleast on the paper. Will find out more tomorrow during TD.
Old 7th December 2020, 21:37   #32
BHPian

Re: Datsun Go CVT vs Maruti S-Presso AMT

I am looking at small automatics for my wife. Minimum requirement is a car with 3 star crash rating

1) Tiago was vetoed by my wife, considering the niggles in Tata cars plus the AMT is not as tuned as Marutis
2) Hate the SPresso for its looks and crash test result. Ignis is probably a better choice than SPresso with a lovely 1.2 K series engine, relatively better safety features and it's decent handling.
3) Got a great deal with Dec Jazz CVT but my wife found it long.
4) Baleno CVT and i20 - too long and wide for my wife
5) NIOS AMT- Better finished and slightly better AMT shifts than ignis but I found the tuning better in ignis for the 3rd,4th and 5th gears. 2 star safety and understated looks
6) Swift AMT ruled out due to 2 star safety rating.
7) Polo Highline AT - Vetoed by family due to old interiors, low slung nature of vehicle, lack of features for that price and lack of rear leg room.
8) Did not consider Renault/Nissan due to crash test ratings

I would have picked Brio AT or Figo AT, if they had not been discontinued. My choices were Polo> Jazz > Tiago > Ignis.

Ignis Alpha AMT is it and waiting for a Jan 2021 manufactured car. It has its faults i.e. lack of the steering feedback, no return to center action of steering wheel, no rear ac vents, harsh ride and ok quality of plastics but I love its looks, mod potential, K 1.2, Maruti peace of mind. Planning to upgrade to better, wider tires to offset the steering feedback.

Most Viewed