Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 11:07   #541
BHPian

Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Yes. Considering a large part of the car's usage will be in city, and it'll be my only car, and that I'll be keeping it for a long time - makes sense to go for automatic. Though now I'm having doubts whether amt is good enough to use for such a long time?
Old 7th September 2020, 12:03   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
2) Stretching the budget to 10L opens up a lot more possibilities, and that too better than amt - Baleno, Amaze, Jazz and Rapid.
Quote:
Considering a large part of the car's usage will be in city, and it'll be my only car, and that I'll be keeping it for a long time - makes sense to go for automatic. Though now I'm having doubts whether amt is good enough to use for such a long time?
In my opinion, it’s pretty much a no brainer to select the Jazz V CVT for your requirements. It’s backed by the legendary reliability of Honda drivetrains and it’s extremely easy to drive. The Jazz V CVT is priced at exactly 10L before discounts. You can check the estimated fixed service costs of Honda vehicles here https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...tofmaintenance

Good luck with your search & make sure you pick a safe, reliable & built to last car.
Old 7th September 2020, 13:44   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
In my opinion, it’s pretty much a no brainer to select the Jazz V CVT for your requirements. It’s backed by the legendary reliability of Honda drivetrains and it’s extremely easy to drive. The Jazz V CVT is priced at exactly 10L before discounts. You can check the estimated fixed service costs of Honda vehicles here https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...tofmaintenance

Good luck with your search & make sure you pick a safe, reliable & built to last car.
Will have a look at Amaze and Jazz as well. But will have to consider Jazz VX, as the V is too barebones.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:35   #544
BHPian

After many discussions at home, I've sort of settled on Nexon XMA petrol. Other cars around the same price are Baleno, Jazz and Amaze. Not considering skoda or nissan.

I feel Nexon is a much better car than the other 3, only thing to consider if the AMT would hamper the driving experience significantly compared to cvt. Also, is there anything major I'll be losing out on with the XMA? What is the best way to add a rear camera?
Old 8th September 2020, 14:46   #545
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
After many discussions at home, I've sort of settled on Nexon XMA petrol. Other cars around the same price are Baleno, Jazz and Amaze. Not considering skoda or nissan.
If you're considering Nexon then why not Sonet? Wait for it's official release and pricing.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:50   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
If you're considering Nexon then why not Sonet? Wait for it's official release and pricing.
Yes, I'll wait for the pricing. Though I doubt the dct will be anywhere near 10L otr. Also, does the venue still have problems with dct overheating?
Old 9th September 2020, 21:42   #547
BHPian

Hi everyone. After lots of financial juggling, I'm 99% decided on the Nexon xza+ petrol. Doing a last check if there's anything else I should be looking at. Automatic only, new car only. No skoda or Nissan. Don't much like the venue (and sonet is mostly the same). That leaves Baleno, amaze and jazz. I think Nexon is a better car than these, despite of the amt.
Ohh... What about the S-Cross?
Old 9th September 2020, 22:02   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone. After lots of financial juggling, I'm 99% decided on the Nexon xza+ petrol. Doing a last check if there's anything else I should be looking at. Automatic only, new car only. No skoda or Nissan. Don't much like the venue (and sonet is mostly the same). That leaves Baleno, amaze and jazz. I think Nexon is a better car than these, despite of the amt.
If I were you, I'd take a long hard look at the Amaze CVT or Jazz CVT. Tried and tested and peace of mind.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 23:06   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
If I were you, I'd take a long hard look at the Amaze CVT or Jazz CVT. Tried and tested and peace of mind.
All the variants of Jazz are well loaded. I am concerned only about the 110nm of torque. Right now I drive Liva diesel with 170nm torque, so want to know how it translates in real life situation.
Old 10th September 2020, 07:05   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
All the variants of Jazz are well loaded. I am concerned only about the 110nm of torque. Right now I drive Liva diesel with 170nm torque, so want to know how it translates in real life situation.
Test drive the Jazz CVT on your usual commute and find out first hand. From my own experience, the low end torque of my Jazz CVT is inferior compared to say my Micra AT, but once the revs build up, the Jazz is much superior.

Don’t go blindly by the bhp & torque figures on paper, real life drivability is usually much different than what you assume from reading the brochure.

Also, you’re potentially comparing a turbo diesel to a NA petrol. An apples to oranges comparison. Test drive the Jazz & put all your concerns to rest.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 08:24   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Test drive the Jazz CVT on your usual commute and find out first hand. From my own experience, the low end torque of my Jazz CVT is inferior compared to say my Micra AT, but once the revs build up, the Jazz is much superior.
Thank you for your response.
I have one more question. If you have driven your Jazz in the hills, how is the performance? I mean does it have sufficient grunt to pull up an incline fully loaded?
Thanks.
Old 10th September 2020, 11:44   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
If you have driven your Jazz in the hills, how is the performance? I mean does it have sufficient grunt to pull up an incline fully loaded?
I wouldn’t really say I have driven it in the ‘hills’, however, I have driven it with 4 adults on steep inclines and I would say the performance is adequate. It never left me wondering if it will ‘give up’ on me. The paddle shifts make life much easier as I usually drop a ratio or two before approaching a steep gradient.

The peace of mind from the Honda drivetrain, copious amounts of space & excellent ride quality, more than make up for the lack of spirited performance from this 1.2L NA engine. This is not the car for you, if you plan to drive with a lead foot. Period.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 12:23   #553
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn’t really say I have driven it in the ‘hills’, however, I have driven it with 4 adults on steep inclines and I would say the performance is adequate. It never left me wondering if it will ‘give up’ on me. The paddle shifts make life much easier as I usually drop a ratio or two before approaching a steep gradient.

The peace of mind from the Honda drivetrain, copious amounts of space & excellent ride quality, more than make up for the lack of spirited performance from this 1.2L NA engine. This is not the car for you, if you plan to drive with a lead foot. Period.
Thanks for your responses.
I am sedate driver and I think I will now take a test drive of both Jazz and Polo and decide.
Based on your responses Jazz ticks all the boxes for me as of now.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 12:42   #554
BHPian

I am a sedate driver as well. I only speed up on the highway/expressway if there's a clear stretch ahead. Hence I've figured amt will not bother me much, and I can concentrate on the other positives of the Nexon.
Old 10th September 2020, 13:01   #555
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
1. S cross can be ruled out. The weight of the car and the engine combination isn't attractive. You will feel outdated with interiors too. If at all you have to consider a MS consider VB or Toyota's UC.
2. I don't know if you've visited Kia showroom. If not even for the sake of rejecting it go visit Kia and see a Sonet. It is still a worthy contender.
3. Wild card entry: Ignis AMT with that sweet petrol engine is super fun. This comes from an owner.

Last edited by KPR : 10th September 2020 at 13:07.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks