Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:16   #91
BANNED

Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
May I ask what kind of driving style you have? Are you a rev-happy driver or a sedate one? I'm not sure 6 KMPL is normal, and it spooks me since I'm considering the i10 AT!
You may be right, but he was getting 10 before the service and 6 afterwards. Something obviously happened in the service! The driving style etc. must have remained about the same.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:20   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You may be right, but he was getting 10 before the service and 6 afterwards. Something obviously happened in the service! The driving style etc. must have remained about the same.
Most likely so, now that I think of it. There's a user on here called blackasta or something like that and he reported about 8-10, so I reckon that's normal. Hope that whatever it is that caused this drop in mileage is tackled or at least pinpointed.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:10   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes, i10 is known for low mileage for AT. My friends i10 AT gives 6-7 kmpl in bangalore city driving. A-star has one of the best city mileage with around 13-14 kmpl among AT.
After hearing all this,I think my 2003 Corolla AT is doing well in city traffic with ac 100% on(the worst I have recorded is 10kmpl in bad traffic and the best 11.5kmpl) ; I am light footed
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:47   #94
BHPian

Quote:
May I ask what kind of driving style you have? Are you a rev-happy driver or a sedate one? I'm not sure 6 KMPL is normal, and it spooks me since I'm considering the i10 AT!
Since I was getting 10+ before servicing, apparently nothing is wrong with my driving. The point that I wish to highlight is the nonsense that the authorized service station doles out and justifies it further, by blaming it on the traffic, the same traffic, which has given me 10+. I am wanting to locate a responsible person in Hyundai, who can remedy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes, i10 is known for low mileage for AT. My friends i10 AT gives 6-7 kmpl in bangalore city driving. A-star has one of the best city mileage with around 13-14 kmpl among AT.
I think it is time, this issue is collectively taken up with Hyundai senior management. When the vehicle in new condition was giving 10+, how can a service reduce the mileage by over 40%??

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd August 2011 at 18:55. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

I have been driving an AT for over five and a half years and have grown used to it. I was all set to downsize from my Honda City sedan to a spacious hatchback when I heard pre-launch rumours about an AT/CVT Jazz. Sadly that did not materialize and I am currently left with only one option i.e. the Hyundai i20. I started making enquiries and have been pretty disappointed to find out that –
a) Hyundai seems to be disinterested in the 1.4 AT petrol version.
b) Not one of the showrooms had one on display or for a test drive (MGF Hyundai told me that the OTR is around 8.3 lacs)
c) I was shocked to find that the salesman in VTJ Hyundai was ignorant about this variant – in fact he first asked me whether it was a diesel AT!!! He confessed that the dealership had never sold one AT variant to date.
d) The dealers could not give any kind of date or promise about a test drive.

If Hyundai is so lackluster about this variant then why offer it in the first place?
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:31   #96
Team-BHP Support

I hope you have read this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-report.html (Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report)

Initially my wife did consider i20 Asta AT, but after reading the reviews on TBHP, changed her mind. We finally went for i10 Sportz AT.
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:52   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I hope you have read this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-report.html (Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report)

Initially my wife did consider i20 Asta AT, but after reading the reviews on TBHP, changed her mind. We finally went for i10 Sportz AT.
Samurai - yes I did go through it a few days ago. The i10, while a very good car, is a mite too small for my requirement - I need a bit more interior and boot space. Had pm-ed pachchu about FE. 8.5 town & 12 to 14 highway were his figures which is just about acceptable. I thought I would take a drive and then take it on from there but that seems to be not in the realms of possibility for now.
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Had pm-ed pachchu about FE. 8.5 town & 12 to 14 highway were his figures which is just about acceptable.
I can back up those mileage figures in the city, will be able to give a more precise figure in a short bit. I'd have offered you a dekko and short TD but you're not in Mumbai!

For what it's worth, when I visited the dealership they were very disinterested in selling me the car and talked of a 2 month waiting. No TD vehicle on the premises and it was amply clear that Shreenath Hyundai was more interested in selling me a Verna for some odd reason :S

Anyhow, long story short, I went to a Direct Marketing agency and they got me the car in 2 weeks as promised. Maybe that's something you can look at!
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by refaircargo View Post
I purchased an i10 AT 2 months back. Before the 1st "FREE" service, I was getting a steady 10+KMPL. After getting it serviced, apart from the 'normal' and manmade damages caused by the authorized service centre, Sreenath Hyundai, Jogeshwari, Mumbai, they ruined the mileage to below 6 KMPL and on complaint are justifying that for a city like Mumbai AT is a wrong option with bumper to bumper traffic and if we are getting an average of 6, we should consider ourselves lucky. Am I supposed to buy this argument and resign myself to my fate for having made a wrong decision ? Kindly enlighten fellow BHPians.. Apart from the high initial investment, the daily nuisance of high petrol bills is simply killing.
refaircargo: I suggest you take this up immediately with the Hyundai company. Something definitely seems wrong here - during the service. Make a list of the "normal" and manmade damages, introduced by them and write in to Hyundai with a copy to the dealer. Ask Hyundai how it is possible that an established dealer can damage the vehicle - and ask for a brand-new replacement. Talk tough with them.
Just so you know - I have been driving a Santro AT for the last 8 years and no problems whatsoever with mileage in all these years (I have been getting a steady 9-10 kmpl). Maybe that's because I always go to HMP (available in New Delhi) - which is the Hyundai Company owned showroom and workshop.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 01:19   #100
Zed
BHPian

My wife used an i10 AT for about a year and half as her daily commute to work. The only reason I went in for an AT (against popular advise) was to make the drive easier for my wife. The act of getting from point A to B in any Indian city is a battle in itself and the hassle of not having to shift gears and operate the clutch brings a slight respite. But within a week of buying the car I realized how much more convenient it was to drive in comparison to my manual palio, a car I loved to the core, by the way. Sure it returned a mileage of about 8-9 kmpl in comparison to the 9-10 kmpl of the palio but the increased fuel consumption was well worth the satisfaction and ease of driving the AT. The overall ownership experience was excellent and I still have high regards for HMIL for being the first to market a credible midrange AT hatchback. While Maruti had the zen and the wagon-R ATs even before HMIL one got the impression that these afterthoughts rather than a serious attempt to create a new segment.
Old 24th August 2011, 07:08   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can back up those mileage figures in the city, will be able to give a more precise figure in a short bit. I'd have offered you a dekko and short TD but you're not in Mumbai!

For what it's worth, when I visited the dealership they were very disinterested in selling me the car and talked of a 2 month waiting. No TD vehicle on the premises and it was amply clear that Shreenath Hyundai was more interested in selling me a Verna for some odd reason :S

Anyhow, long story short, I went to a Direct Marketing agency and they got me the car in 2 weeks as promised. Maybe that's something you can look at!
Thanks iliketurtles! I wish I could come to Mumbai for the TD.
However, the temperature around my feet is falling rapidly considering the step motherly treatment of the company towards that variant. A nasty little voice has been whispering in my ear 'what if you buy it and have some issue with transmission?' Yes - it is a very remote possibility but in the event, I would probably have to wait for an eternity for spares and personnel to possibly come down from their production unit, considering the fact that this variant has never been sold by their dealer here.
Anyway, if I do pluck up the courage, can you tell me how one can go through a direct marketing agency since I am clueless on that? Which one did you go to?
Old 24th August 2011, 08:12   #102
Team-BHP Support

We have an I10 AT (Sportz) for the last 2 years. Good to drive in the city.
Milegae is 10Kmpl regular. The car does about 25km per day.

Never driven on highways and hence can't comment much on the FE on the open road.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Anyway, if I do pluck up the courage, can you tell me how one can go through a direct marketing agency since I am clueless on that? Which one did you go to?
These direct marketing agencies primarily look to sell you a bundle of products (obviously including the car) as a package, thus making them a one-stop shop for your car. They'll take your order for a car (what color blah blah), ask you if you need a loan, come over, pick up and sign the paperwork and then co-ordinate with the dealer to get the car for you. I had bought a Palio previously through a direct marketing agency as well, although that was some 9 years ago or so. Once you're done with the initial paperwork, all you do is follow-up and ask "is it here yet?" like a stuck recorder

I went to one called Parth Consumer Services since a friend of mine (who also bought an i20 and whose husband bought a Cruze) also went to this same guy, so they vouched for him. Previously we had gone to Addis Marketing. I'm sure there must be a couple in your area too. Do some sort of a background check on them and then go with one.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:54   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These direct marketing agencies primarily look to sell you a bundle of products (obviously including the car) as a package, thus making them a one-stop shop for your car. They'll take your order for a car (what color blah blah), ask you if you need a loan, come over, pick up and sign the paperwork and then co-ordinate with the dealer to get the car for you. I had bought a Palio previously through a direct marketing agency as well, although that was some 9 years ago or so. Once you're done with the initial paperwork, all you do is follow-up and ask "is it here yet?" like a stuck recorder

I went to one called Parth Consumer Services since a friend of mine (who also bought an i20 and whose husband bought a Cruze) also went to this same guy, so they vouched for him. Previously we had gone to Addis Marketing. I'm sure there must be a couple in your area too. Do some sort of a background check on them and then go with one.
Ahhh... got it. Thanks! Lemme check if there is something like that in my neck of the woods. I don't know if they'll be interested once it is known that I am not looking for a loan. I guess there is some kind of service charge? A percentage of the cost?
And I am waiting for your initial ownership report with bated breath.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

They charged me nothing, I guess their business model is based on selling you bundled services like loan and insurance (Tata in my case) and on the convenience they offer. If someone says they'll take x amount of money for this, smile and just walk away. You shouldn't have to pay a paisa by way of "service charge". A box of sweets might be par for the course though!

I've been out for these last 2 months, so the car has done just 800 kms in the last 2.5 months, 300 of which have come within the last week when I'm here :P Expect a full ownership report to go up in some time since most i20 AT reports are a bit older and it's about time a new one comes up!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks