Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 13:42   #301
BHPian

Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post

Wait till the RS launch and take the decision after that.
Yeah I guess by early Oct we should have more details about the RS. So it definitely makes sense to hold on the decision of getting a new car. Just over a month isn't too much but the upgrade itch is difficult to keep away
Old 25th August 2016, 21:19   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Congratulations on the Jazz. Mind sharing the final OTR after discounts (if any) ?
thanks, final OTR was 9.6 lakhs. I couldn't manage any discounts - just the floor mats and reverse sensor as freebies.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 08:41   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
thanks, final OTR was 9.6 lakhs. I couldn't manage any discounts - just the floor mats and reverse sensor as freebies.

Thanks, one would think they would be offering great deals to boost their flagging sales, but Honda seems to be living in a dimension of their own. Did you opt for Honda connect and other extras (RSA, Honda Zero Dep etc) ?
Old 26th August 2016, 08:56   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They just offered a friend 40k cash discount on the same variant in Delhi, although that was after much haggling.
Old 26th August 2016, 09:13   #305
Senior - BHPian

^^ Honda India is offering a 40k discount, but for the diesel variants.
Old 26th August 2016, 09:18   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am talking about the CVT variant.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 10:28   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, one would think they would be offering great deals to boost their flagging sales, but Honda seems to be living in a dimension of their own. Did you opt for Honda connect and other extras (RSA, Honda Zero Dep etc) ?
exactly, I was expecting handsome discounts but it turned out that I couldn't even get the preferred color

I didn't opt for Honda Connect, but went ahead with RSA and 2 years extended warranty. Bought the insurance from HDFC Ergo and saved 5k on the zero dep policy.

Quote:
you are correct, but absolutely no discount for CVT. Infact both the Honda dealers in my city stated 2-3 months waiting period for pearl white Jazz CVT - citing some factory move that is happening at Honda

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th August 2016 at 10:56. Reason: Posts merged. Please use our MULTIQUOTE feature in the future...
Old 26th August 2016, 10:33   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
exactly, I was expecting handsome discounts but it turned out that I couldn't even get the preferred color
If color was an important criterion then why didn't you insist them to order one for you? You anyways weren't offered any discounts and so there was no obligation to pick from their stock.

My friend here got the 40k discount and also ordered the color he liked. Ofcourse one has to wait for the car to arrive in that case.
Old 26th August 2016, 12:06   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
If color was an important criterion then why didn't you insist them to order one for you? You anyways weren't offered any discounts and so there was no obligation to pick from their stock.

My friend here got the 40k discount and also ordered the color he liked. Ofcourse one has to wait for the car to arrive in that case.
I wasn't prepared to wait until December as I cannot claim any depreciation for the first half of this financial year if I purchase the car after the month of September.

Also, both the dealers out here clearly told me that they cannot offer any discount on CVT - even after haggling a lot. Not sure why!
Old 7th September 2016, 22:15   #310
BHPian

I am looking for a Petrol Automatic Hatch and is thinking between Figo 1.5 Titanium and Baleno Zeta CVT. Performance, Ride quality, Sitting comfort (front seats) are priorities.

Looks like Ford has not reduced the price for Petrol Auto in their latest price reduction :(

Tried both. Liked Figo's performance better though Baleno's interior space and exterior looks are better. Baleno's build quality is a concern. Figo is 9L OTR v.s. Baleen's 9.4L OTR

Suggestions?
Old 7th September 2016, 22:48   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I am looking for a Petrol Automatic Hatch and is thinking between Figo 1.5 Titanium and Baleno Zeta CVT. Performance, Ride quality, Sitting comfort (front seats) are priorities.

Looks like Ford has not reduced the price for Petrol Auto in their latest price reduction :(

Tried both. Liked Figo's performance better though Baleno's interior space and exterior looks are better. Baleno's build quality is a concern. Figo is 9L OTR v.s. Baleen's 9.4L OTR

Suggestions?
Due to Balenos build quality, I'd advice against it. Why don't you look at the GT TSI? Also the Ford Ecosport. Its effectively a hatch. Its much better than the Figo and Baleno. And if you want to stick to a hatch, a non automatic option could be Abrath Punto. Ticks everything in your list besides an automated box. If none of these two options seem good, I would buy the Polo GT TSI. Its just a good looking car and performance wise its pretty good too.

Last edited by mijnoirhammer67 : 7th September 2016 at 22:50.
Old 8th September 2016, 13:58   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Due to Balenos build quality, I'd advice against it. Why don't you look at the GT TSI? Also the Ford Ecosport. Its effectively a hatch. Its much better than the Figo and Baleno. And if you want to stick to a hatch, a non automatic option could be Abrath Punto. Ticks everything in your list besides an automated box. If none of these two options seem good, I would buy the Polo GT TSI. Its just a good looking car and performance wise its pretty good too.
Thanks!. I do not want to take the budget above 9L OTR as it would be a second car primarily for city use with very rare long drives. Else, yes polo GT TSI would have been it. For the same reason, it has to be an automatic!

At this point, I do not see another option than Baleno CVT OR Figo Automatic Petrol. So wondering between these two unless there is another option in this range.

Last edited by motorhead5 : 8th September 2016 at 14:00.
Old 8th September 2016, 14:13   #313
BHPian

Baleno also has 6 month waiting period I guess..

I booked the grand i10 auto for 8 lakh OTR Bangalore and taking delivery next week. My priorities were ride quality, decent features and easy to drive in city and the grand fits all of these well.
Old 8th September 2016, 14:16   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
At this point, I do not see another option than Baleno CVT OR Figo Automatic Petrol. So wondering between these two unless there is another option in this range.

Did you consider Jazz CVT? I think that is also a good option to add to your list.
Old 13th September 2016, 16:36   #315
BHPian

I tried Jazz. Its ~10L OTR and I didn't see value for that much additional money. Sales guy's attitude didn't help either... As far as Grand i10 is concerned, I was not convinced about the 4speed setup...

Thats where I narrowed it to Baleno Zeta CVT v.s Figo Titanium AT..

Btw, the Figo manual to AT price difference is more than 2L. Yes, its a bigger and better engine with more features. Wondering if they would reduce the price for AT too!!

Last edited by motorhead5 : 13th September 2016 at 16:40.

Most Viewed