Team-BHP - Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/22974-hatchback-options-automatic-transmission.html)

Hi,
I am looking for a car I can buy with Automatic Transmission & ABS.
I am looking for a stable car mostly for Highway driving. Swift would be
ideal except that it doesn't come with Automatic option. Are there other
cars in the Swift range which are available with Automatic.
Not looking at zen (too small) or wagon r (not so stable)? Is Getz available
with Automatic transmission & ABS as options. Is Maruti going to offer
Automatic as on option on Swift anytime soon? What are my other
options?

Only car with Automatic for around 5 lakhs or less is the Santro. But no ABS. Its a 4-speed automatic compared to the 3 speed Wagon R. Its pretty good, give it a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 408987)
Only car with Automatic for around 5 lakhs or less is the Santro. But no ABS. Its a 4-speed automatic compared to the 3 speed Wagon R. Its pretty good, give it a try.

When I bought the Santro Xing AT in 2003, ABS was available as option for 15K more. But the sales guy discouraged me saying it will take 1 month to deliver with that option. So we skipped it, however it eventually took 1.5 month for the delivery.

If you think a Wagon R is not stable, a Santro will be a rocking boat on the high seas. If you can buy a used car, look for a Corolla automatic. Not sure if the Optra comes in auto trim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 408987)

The Santro was available in Auto and with ABS but it is now made to order or in other words not an available option anymore

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 409006)
If you think a Wagon R is not stable, a Santro will be a rocking boat on the high seas. If you can buy a used car, look for a Corolla automatic. Not sure if the Optra comes in auto trim.

The optra does come in an auto box but its really really really thirsty. and both wagonR and the santro are as good or bad as each other.but the wagon R auto is also made to order... that means not available again. also a bad 3 speed auto box with no overdrive.

Does the Lancer INVECS come with ABS? A used Corolla would be a good bet. Otherwise a used OHC auto, if you can live without ABS.

yes there is an option on the invecs for ABS

Well there you go, we have a winner! :D

A Swift Zxi with A/T would have been ideal. Pity nothing available in that segment.

Is the Invecs still available brand new? The Mitsubishi India website doesnt have any A/T - neither for Lancer nor for Cedia.

A used car with automatic gearbox would be the best bet in this case if the budget is not too high. Possible options are Corolla auto. Bad that Santro Auto isn't available any more. I guess the demand might not be there for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 409040)
yes there is an option on the invecs for ABS

would like to change "is" to "was"

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSV (Post 409070)
A Swift Zxi with A/T would have been ideal. Pity nothing available in that segment.

Is the Invecs still available brand new? The Mitsubishi India website doesnt have any A/T - neither for Lancer nor for Cedia.

Nope the invecs is not sold anymore but a most of the ones bought, which are not many are for sale

Yep, thats what I figured - however just wanted to be sure in case HM guys forgot to update their website or something. :)

In fact read a review on Invecs by a bloke on team-bhp some time back. Man did he outline a great car or what. Even went to describe how the A/T system is different from that available in others - seems it has a tiptronic kind. Wow. wonder why they stopped it?

A used AT car is your best bet. Look for a used Corolla, or OHC. You could even consider the NHC CVT . You get used ones for around 5 lakhs. The 1.8 Invex was an awesome car with tip tronic/AT. Since they didnt sell much finding a used one will be difficult. You could try locating one though.

I heard that Maruti & Hyundai export automatic Alto/Getz models to overseas market. Isn't is available for Indian customers?

Why we not thinking of the option of Honda City Automatic? I drove my friends car.. The drive was amazing its got this CVT technology. u dont feel the gears been changing.. And the plus point is u get some heavy discount as these dont sell much.. And Honda is already known for it mileage.. I believe in AT u would get easily 11-12.. What else u need?. Have heard the AT of Honda City has got a very good response time.. So if seriously looking try Honda City AT.. Would be in cost of 7.5L i guess after discounts..