Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 08:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Safe, reliable & fuss-free car for 12 lakhs?

Coming from Wagon-R - > Swift -> Duster background, these are the few things I felt needed to be considered for a next car.

- Since it was already mentioned that the car is an older gentleman, Health condition has to be considered. If there are knee issue due to old age, getting in and out of a low seated car will be a trouble long term.

- If he got used to excellent visibility and upright seating position of a wagon-R, that needs to be considered when looking for next car.

- Easy city driving of wagon R

- Ease of serviceability of Maruti is another strong point

I have few examples of people who reduced drastically or stopped driving since they upgraded from a small car to a big car which they are not really comfortable driving around after buying.
Old 26th January 2021, 08:28   #47
BHPian

If I were you, I’ve would’ve chosen the Honda City 5th Gen eyes closed. Do consider this car your friend won’t regret it.
Old 4th April 2022, 20:49   #48

Hello Good People,

I am new to this community and I need an advice on the same line.

I am looking for car around 10 lakhs and can stretch my budget to 12 Lakhs.

My requirements are: stability, safety, ground clearance, long term reliability and mileage.

Following are the cars that I have sort listed:

Skoda Slavia Active:
It also checks all the boxes. it has good Ground clearance, ride and handling as well as features.
Test Drive: Experience was pleasant. 1.0 TSI is rev friendly engine and comfort was supreme. Having no experience with Turbo engines felt turbo lag. Moreover, I’m not sure about the future and maintenance cost of Skoda.

S-Cross Zeta:
Good ride and handling, reliability, mileage, sufficient ground clearance.
Test Drive: Experience with K15B with 5 gear MT was very pleasant. Liked the comfort, cornering stability and ride quality of the car. Looks and interior are dated and it lacks modern features.

WRV:
It also checks all the boxes except mileage. However, I’ll rate it third in terms of ride and handling after Slavia and S-Cross. Not sure about future of Honda in India.
Test Drive: Engine response was better than revotron 1.2 turbo petrol but not better than 1.0 TSI and K15B. Found it stable.

Nexon xz 1.2 turbo petrol:
Rejected. turbo lag, insufficient power, low mileage. Even Tata Punch 1.2 Petrol NA feels better.

Taigun Highline:
Checks the all boxes. Yet not sure about mileage and reliability.
Rejected because it costs ~15 Lakhs

Astor Style:
On paper it is the best but is it not.
Test Drive: Many will disagree but worst of the lot. Engine did just well; body roll at higher speed was very evident.
Reject.

Didn’t Considered Kia or Hyundai as they do not have any crossover.

I need your suggestion on which car to buy from the followings: Slavia, S-Cross and WRV.

Thank you!!
Old 5th April 2022, 08:38   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypandya View Post
I need your suggestion on which car to buy from the followings: Slavia, S-Cross and WRV.

Thank you!!
Baleno, Magnite, Kiger?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th April 2022 at 10:06. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post when replying as it hampers readability for smartphone users. Thanks!
swageo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th April 2022, 09:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for car around 10 lakhs and can stretch my budget to 12 Lakhs.

My requirements are: stability, safety, ground clearance, long term reliability and mileage.
If I were you, I'd rank the following cars in priority -
1. Honda City
2. Maruti Ciaz
3. Maruti Ertiga
4. M&M XUV 300
5. Tata Altroz or Nexon Diesel (to tide over your turbo-lag woes)

You've left a wide spectrum of options for yourself, any specific type you're looking at - Sedan, C-SUV or a hot hatch? That will help you narrow down your search to specific set of cars from the same class.
Old 5th April 2022, 10:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:

WRV:
It also checks all the boxes except mileage. However, I’ll rate it third in terms of ride and handling after Slavia and S-Cross. Not sure about future of Honda in India.
Test Drive: Engine response was better than revotron 1.2 turbo petrol but not better than 1.0 TSI and K15B. Found it stable.
Went to Honda and ignored Jazz standing alongside

Ticks all your boxes alongside a super reliable Auto-CVT taking away the hassle of gear shifting.
Old 5th April 2022, 15:09   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Baleno, Magnite, Kiger?
Thanks for your suggestion.
Baleno still feels unsafe to me. I haven't check Magnite. Kiger performed very bad in the moose test and it has stability issues.
Old 5th April 2022, 15:23   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Baleno, Magnite, Kiger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
If I were you, I'd rank the following cars in priority -
1. Honda City
2. Maruti Ciaz
3. Maruti Ertiga
4. M&M XUV 300
5. Tata Altroz or Nexon Diesel (to tide over your turbo-lag woes)

You've left a wide spectrum of options for yourself, any specific type you're looking at - Sedan, C-SUV or a hot hatch? That will help you narrow down your search to specific set of cars from the same class.
===
My requirement is not segment specific but need specific. I need a car with around ~180 ground clearance which eliminates Hatchback and Sedans, Slavia being an only exception(179 GC).

There are cars with diesel engine like xuv300/nexon/altroz/wrv which looks very promising. However, after bs6 the future of diesel engine is uncertain and they also suffers from DPF issue. Moreover, i belong to IT industry and following permanent work from home. In this case i ll be driving my car less which might cause dpf issue. I would appreciate your suggestion on this.

Thanks,
Jay
Old 5th April 2022, 15:33   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Went to Honda and ignored Jazz standing alongside

Ticks all your boxes alongside a super reliable Auto-CVT taking away the hassle of gear shifting.
=====
Liked Jazz since my college days and still do. I completely agree with you. However, Ground Clearance is my primary need. If they would have offered CVT with WR-V it was the clear choice for me.

What do you suggest? should I go with WR-V, S-Cross or can still consider Slavia?
Old 5th April 2022, 16:11   #55
BHPian

Quote:
=====
Liked Jazz since my college days and still do. I completely agree with you. However, Ground Clearance is my primary need. If they would have offered CVT with WR-V it was the clear choice for me.

What do you suggest? should I go with WR-V, S-Cross or can still consider Slavia?
If ground clearance is primary need than both makes the cut with just a 8mm difference. I would pick a S-cross off the two.
Old 5th April 2022, 22:36   #56
BHPian

Suggestion for a new car under 10 lacs ex-showroom.

Hello, World!

I'm looking for a new car with ex-showroom price under 10 lacs.

It will be primarily a city based car with occasional highway trips. I also have a Harrier that I'm gonna be using for longer trips with family.

I'm looking for petrol, because this car is more likely to be used for very short trips say 2-3 km. I'm okay with manual, but prefer a light clutch.

Cars that I'm considering.
Baleno Zeta
Ciaz Zeta

I feel nexa cars have a decent 2nd to top variant with most of the features covered. And ciaz zeta comes at 9.99 ex showroom saving that 2% extra road tax.

Other cars considered.
Altroz. I feel that 2nd to top variant is missing a lot of features and I have to take the top version pushing the price higher.

Jazz. Even more expensive than Altroz.

City 5th generation. Have my heart set on it, but even the base model is 2 lacs higher than ciaz zeta. I'm unsure about getting city for 20% higher cost when ciaz fulfils 90% of needs.

Please advise me if I should stick to a hatchback, go for a sedan or consider any other cars.
Old 5th April 2022, 22:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestion for a new car under 10 lacs ex-showroom.

Have you tried the punch? despite the SUV positioning, its essentially a beefy Wagon R.
And the high end versions look and feel very familiar if you have a harrier
If you are confused between a Sedan and a Hatch, I think you need to give more details on what your considerations are for buying a car - Taken at face value, the need for city use would logically point to a hatch.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 01:25   #58
BHPian

Hello
I would suggest you to go with Baleno Zeta. You already have a big car and a small hatchback to run errands in the city would be better than 4.5m long ciaz. Baleno is well equipped and also offers good mileage.
I am also in the same boat and have booked Baleno myself. We already have Alcazar and we have to let go of out beloved Dzire due to 10 year NCR rule in Delhi.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 01:52   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
Please advise me if I should stick to a hatchback, go for a sedan or consider any other cars.
For your mentioned usage it will be better to go for a hatchback than a sedan.

My suggestion will be Baleno or Glanza. Jazz is also a good option, but the fuel efficiency will be less than Baleno.

If you're keen on sedans look for sub-4m's. Amaze will be a good choice.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 06:57   #60
BHPian

I'll suggest the Glanza, because of better service which Toyota offers and also that of how its a Baleno, but much better looking with the new facelift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks