Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2022, 20:25   #61

Re: Safe, reliable & fuss-free car for 12 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
If ground clearance is primary need than both makes the cut with just a 8mm difference. I would pick a S-cross off the two.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 7th April 2022, 13:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestion for a new car under 10 lacs ex-showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I'm looking for petrol, because this car is more likely to be used for very short trips say 2-3 km. I'm okay with manual, but prefer a light clutch.
Restricting the options to your shortlist.

If you really want the City then get the City since most likely it would be the last of the 7000+rpm petrol engines on offer, at that price.

If you don't care much about the passage above, get the Baleno, also a nice car, especially in the City.
Old 7th April 2022, 13:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypandya View Post
Hello Good People,

I am new to this community and I need an advice on the same line.

I am looking for car around 10 lakhs and can stretch my budget to 12 Lakhs.
I would recommend the S-Cross Zeta as it will give you best of both worlds viz, long term reliability, very good FE and pleasant ride. It is one of the best vehicles from Maruti Suzuki NEXA belt and I personally rate it above Baleno.

Slavia Active being a base variant will be a compromise on that front but if features are not your requirement then it is the best of the lot, fresh out in the market. For long term reliability and tension free ownership, you should without any second thoughts buy the maintenance package ~ 24,499/- for 4 years + extended warranty 5th and 6th year. This will ensure that the TCO is not high as typically with VAG cars and you only pay for any replacement parts in case of damage.

Honda WRV is a good buy but definitely its not a pick above S-Cross and Slavia. One of my friend owns a WRV and his feedback was average in terms of suspension and ride handling. It has good features and looks, but then the engine NVH levels are not great after 60-70kmph which is an issue even with the Honda City. The Maruti and Skoda engines are much more refined and they do not screech after 80 kmph so much that they would annoy someone like in a Honda.

All the best for your new purchase!!
joeva1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 15:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Restricting the options to your shortlist.

If you really want the City then get the City since most likely it would be the last of the 7000+rpm petrol engines on offer, at that price.

If you don't care much about the passage above, get the Baleno, also a nice car, especially in the City.
City is the car that I absolutely love and want to buy. I'm in love with the headlights of zx. My budget only permits V. And I feel I'll keep regretting not getting zx as long as I have v. My father has a petrol amaze which is 6 years old and has done about 50000km. It's so silent that I cranked the key not realising that the engine is already running. I have great respect for Honda petrols.

Summarising all the posts and my replies.

- My need is only a hatchback, Baleno is a good all-rounder. Something that I can use in a city as well as take it on an occasional highway trip.

- My want is a sedan. I would like a car that's fairly nice because odds are I'll be using this car primarily and not the Harrier for 300 days of the year.

Ciaz zeta has a good price but if Maruti increases prices, then it'll push it to the next bracket for road tax and it doesn't make any sense to buy it.

Anyway, let me apply for loan and let me see what amount I'm eligible for and I'll finalise based on that.

Lots of confusion. Baleno or Altroz. Baleno or Ciaz. Ciaz or City.
professor.march is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 20:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
City is the car that I absolutely love and want to buy. I'm in love with the headlights of zx. My budget only permits V. And I feel I'll keep regretting not getting zx as long as I have v.

Summarising all the posts and my replies.

- My need is only a hatchback, Baleno is a good all-rounder. Something that I can use in a city as well as take it on an occasional highway trip.

- My want is a sedan. I would like a car that's fairly nice because odds are I'll be using this car primarily and not the Harrier for 300 days of the year.

Ciaz zeta has a good price but if Maruti increases prices, then it'll push it to the next bracket for road tax and it doesn't make any sense to buy it.

Anyway, let me apply for loan and let me see what amount I'm eligible for and I'll finalise based on that.

Just like a lot of other well educated suggestions, I would say that the new Baleno Zeta Auto box will definitely keep you happy. It's very versatile and I love the fact that it comes with split folding seats. I find that I have great use for it but other than that, the seats are comfy - you get height adjustment, tile and telescopic steering, good headlights and everything that makes city commutes fuss free.

Personally, I would pick the City over the Ciaz. But, the Ciaz Zeta manual has everything you need for the city too - except for the navigation system and is available in black and has good presence in black. Those wheels and black paint works really well.
tunedv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 20:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion :

- Baleno or Altroz : Baleno since you appreciate smooth and silent petrols
- Baleno or Ciaz : Baleno since its your need but the Ciaz isn't a want either
- Ciaz or City : City VX since that's what you want.

My revised suggestion after knowing that this is what you'll drive 300 days a year, get the one which will make you happy which seems like the City VX in your situation

But also TD the other cars mentioned already so that you don't have any regrets or find out some deal breaker otherwise.

Good Luck.
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 10:23   #67
BHPian

It also depends on if you want an automatic and if you care about the type of automatic. I think Jazz is the cheapest CVT in the market now followed by Magnite and Kiger. Higher variants of those are in a similar price bracket and will be 2L more than your budget.
Old 8th April 2022, 12:07   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, World!

I'm looking for a new car with ex-showroom price under 10 lacs.

It will be primarily a city based car with occasional highway trips. I also have a Harrier that I'm gonna be using for longer trips with family.

I'm looking for petrol, because this car is more likely to be used for very short trips say 2-3 km. I'm okay with manual, but prefer a light clutch.

Cars that I'm considering.
Baleno Zeta
Ciaz Zeta

I feel nexa cars have a decent 2nd to top variant with most of the features covered. And ciaz zeta comes at 9.99 ex showroom saving that 2% extra road tax.

Other cars considered.
Altroz. I feel that 2nd to top variant is missing a lot of features and I have to take the top version pushing the price higher.

Jazz. Even more expensive than Altroz.

City 5th generation. Have my heart set on it, but even the base model is 2 lacs higher than ciaz zeta. I'm unsure about getting city for 20% higher cost when ciaz fulfils 90% of needs.

Please advise me if I should stick to a hatchback, go for a sedan or consider any other cars.
Have written even earlier, please get a safe car even for city errands - you don't know what might transpire.

Considering that you have a Harrier and you are fine with TASS I'd say get an Altroz. Not sure which features you are missing on in the Altroz (maybe even the Altroz DCT) or as suggested by others even the Punch.

While the City might not make a lot of financial sense, if your heart wants get it's base variant (it's not as stripped down as some other vehicles and will be a good fit). A Honda City is a Honda City.

Not sure about the safety factor of either of the Marutis but aren't bad.
rajk15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 16:03   #69

Hello Again,

I am in the market for buying a car around 10 lakhs and seeking suggestions from the fellow BHPians. I have received a very good response from the community on my previous query on this same thread, this is the continuation of the same.

After analyzing and discussing the products available with fellow BHPians, I shortlisted Skoda Slavia Active and Scross Zeta and XUV300 Diesel w6.

Scross:
Seems to me like the jack of all trades. however, it feels dated already and I'm thinking of keeping the car for long term. I feel it wont age well 5 years down the line.

XUV300 w6 Diesel:
This solid built car packs performance which is unmatchable. The response was so good that It felt like driving a two wheeler. No complaints regarding ride/handling or performance part. Apart from the aforementioned things, it lacks in every aspect like no active safety features, no display, no rear parking camera, 2 fixed head-rests for rear passenger(1821 mm wont feel safe/comfortable without this, M&M just ruined it), fixed seats (no 60:40 for 250L boot space), manual a/c. Also heard that it compromises fuel efficiency for that beast performance.

Slavia Active 1.0 TSI:
I took a test drive of Slavia. It felt more responsive and planted then VW Taigun. I am pretty much satisfied with the package that it offers. I am getting 1.0 TSI and 179mm GC along with ESP, TCS, diff locking, TPMS, rear defogger, 7 inch infotainment with wired Apple CarPlay, steering mounted controls(liked the way they are), 3 point seat belt with 3 head-rests, rear parking sensors. The only thing i felt missing were rear parking camera, armrest and rear a/c vents. However, it seems a complete package to me.

Kushaq Active Peace:
Also took a test drive of Kushaq. Ride and handing was pretty much the same. however, when it comes to performance, felt Slavia had lesser turbo lag, and better response at lower RPM. Here there is a feature trade off as well. Kushaq comes with rear a/c vents as well as armrest at the expense of TPMS and Rear Defogger.

Moreover, there is a new version of kushaq which is called Kushaq Active Peace which is 1 lakh cheaper (INR 9,99,000/-) at the expense of 6 speakers. The dealerships are installing Display, Camera and Speaker approved by Skoda with some extra cost of 80k.

I have following questions for fellow BHPians:
1. In your experience, is my observation about the performance regarding the slavia and kushaq are correct? does kushaq feels laggy compered to Slavia.

2. I am getting Slavia at the same rate of loaded Kushaq active peace along with Camera, Display and Speakers. Should I go with Kushaq active peace for these extra features. (Both at ~12.5 Lakhs)

3. Should I go for XUV300 w6 diesel or SCross Zeta?

Please share your valuable inputs with me. Being chased by multiple sales reps, just want to finalize as soon as possible. Many Thanks!!

- Jay
Old 28th April 2022, 16:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I ended up booking a ciaz zeta.

While I do have a Harrier, whatever car i buy now is what I'm gonna be using primarily for my commute. We might split usage of harrier with this car, so my requirement was that I wanted a cheaper car while still being a little nice.

In my budget of around 10 lacs ex showroom, ciaz is the only decently equipped sedan.

I've not considered compact sedans because I felt the price difference to a 1.5l sedan was well worth spending.

Heart wanted city but I felt ciaz covers almost all of my needs while being nearly 2 lacs cheaper from the city model that I considered. In the end, the biggest factor for ciaz zeta was that it's 999000 ex showroom and i save 2% in road tax.

Thanks to everyone for your valuable suggestions.

Most Viewed