Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 13:38   #31
AZT
BHPian

re: Confused between the Tata Tigor & Altroz. EDIT: Booked Tigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
We love the Deep red colour of Tigor, but again the scratch issue.
If you're still on the fence, I'd say go for the metallic shade. It looks way better and small scratches are a part of driving in India, you can always get them detailed. Don't let that put you off buying a better looking car.
Old 27th January 2021, 18:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
If you're still on the fence, I'd say go for the metallic shade. It looks way better and small scratches are a part of driving in India, you can always get them detailed. Don't let that put you off buying a better looking car.
Actually we have kids in our locality and in my uncle's school campus (residential school) who love sketching on clean cars. We had a beautiful (M) written on the hood of our M800, the Wagon R had straight lines drawn throughout the left side but luckily it's on the clear coat only. But the i10 was not that lucky and it had beautiful sketches on the hood and boot lid and straight lines on both side, that too deep lines removing the whole paint. Only the roof is intact. Infact it had full body paint couple of years back only because of these beautiful paintings but still a new line came up on the right side within 6 months. Also our driver keeps on gifting new scratches atleast once a month.
But however we convince ourselves for the white colour, everytime we look at the Deep red, we can't resist it.

Going to the showroom tomorrow to book the car. Will be tough to book the white since the Deep red test drive Tigor will be standing at the dealership gate.
DevOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 18:31   #33
BHPian

Had a discussion with the accesories manager today and enquired for a few accessories that we will get from the dealership. They are offering 5% discount on accesories stating that they only have 10% margin and they are giving us 5% discount from that.

Price quoted for accesories are as follows:-
1. Remote Central Locking: 5000
2. Rear View camera with 3.5 inch IRVM display: 6000
3. Rain Visor: 2800
4. Seat Cover: 8000
5. Body Cover: 2800
6. Fog Lamps: 8500
7. Body Side Beading: 2600

Are the prices quoted and discount offered okay?
Old 27th January 2021, 19:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

I think accessories have way more margin than that. But they know that you will be impatient to get the car so they're generally difficult to budge. That depends how good of a bargainer you are, I am not
If you are waiting 4-5 weeks, check out other shops too, depending on how good they are. Compare the prices and then see if you can get the dealer to lower their prices further.
Things like car-cover, side moldings are cheaper outside and generally stick-on so no special fitting needed.

If they're not significantly expensive than the market, I would suggest to get the electrical accessories fitted at the dealer's.
Ask them specifically about validity of warranty if you get it fixed from them.
For seat covers I think the one at the dealers fit well.
These prices seem expensive, but not sure, hope they're good.

Here's a link for the Tata accessories from June 2020 :
Credits to MyCarHelpline

Don't forget the Jopasu duster and wax

Last edited by shancz : 27th January 2021 at 19:53. Reason: compacted
Old 27th January 2021, 20:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
I think accessories have way more margin than that. But they know that you will be impatient to get the car so they're generally difficult to budge. That depends how good of a bargainer you are, I am not
If you are waiting 4-5 weeks, check out other shops too, depending on how good they are. Compare the prices and then see if you can get the dealer to lower their prices further.
Things like car-cover, side moldings are cheaper outside and generally stick-on so no special fitting needed.

If they're not significantly expensive than the market, I would suggest to get the electrical accessories fitted at the dealer's.
Ask them specifically about validity of warranty if you get it fixed from them.
For seat covers I think the one at the dealers fit well.
These prices seem expensive, but not sure, hope they're good.

Here's a link for the Tata accessories from June 2020 :
Credits to MyCarHelpline

Don't forget the Jopasu duster and wax
Thanks for the link. Will mostly get Central Locking, Rear View Camera and Fog Lamps (not sure yet) from them. Rest will get from outside. Regarding the seat covers, you rightly said, their fitting is good, but price is also almost double than outside.
They are providing 3 years warranty on Central lock and rear view camera.

Jopatsu duster is already on the list.
Old 27th January 2021, 20:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will mostly get Central Locking, Rear View Camera and Fog Lamps (not sure yet) from them. Rest will get from outside. Regarding the seat covers, you rightly said, their fitting is good, but price is also almost double than outside.
They are providing 3 years warranty on Central lock and rear view camera.
Warranty on the accessories is good.
Also check if they wouldn't foul with your car's warranty itself, in case some electrical issues come up.

Just get the most important ones, they can always be added later when you feel the need.
As for fog lamps I would get them before the remote locking
For seat covers, check their quality too, usually they won't charge twice without any significant difference. I am guessing you are going for leatherette covers. They have different qualities of the leatherette itself but I am not very experienced on this.

Last edited by shancz : 27th January 2021 at 20:23. Reason: typo
Old 27th January 2021, 20:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Warranty on the accessories is good.
Also check if they wouldn't foul with your car's warranty itself, in case some electrical issues come up.

Just get the most important ones, they can always be added later when you feel the need.
As for fog lamps I would get them before the remote locking
For seat covers, check their quality too, usually they won't charge twice without any significant difference. I am guessing you are going for leatherette covers. They have different qualities of the leatherette itself but I am not very experienced on this.
They assured that getting the electrical accessories fitted from them won't hamper warranty as long as they are genuine TATA accessories.
Regarding the fog lights, actually the price difference is substantial, aftermarket foglights are available at 1500, even projector fog lights are available within 3500, but they are charging 8500 for these. Hence, the dilemma. Also since winter is gone, fog lights won't be a must have now. Will check the headlight's spread during night drives now, and if the need for fog light is felt, then will get them during 1st or 2nd service from the service center.
Will check the seat cover's quality tomorrow during booking and then will compare with after market. Yes, we are going for leatherette although I prefer the stock fabric more.
Old 27th January 2021, 22:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the fog lights, actually the price difference is substantial, aftermarket foglights are available at 1500, even projector fog lights are available within 3500, but they are charging 8500 for these.

Will check the seat cover's quality tomorrow during booking and then will compare with after market. Yes, we are going for leatherette although I prefer the stock fabric more.
I am guessing that the unfocused LED units will scatter more in fog and defeat the purpose unless properly focussed. Check about it before buying.

Also check if the fog light needs an upgrade of the relay/fuses/wiring(I doubt) which might increase the cost.
But they're charging way more, here's a link for OEM FLs Credits to Boodmo : Tigor FL

If the cost is too steep wait out a year and then get it installed outside, buy the OEM if you want.

I guess you already know, leatherette seat covers are a bit slippery and you'll get sweaty really fast but easier to clean though.

Last edited by shancz : 27th January 2021 at 22:16. Reason: updated info
Old 27th January 2021, 23:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing that the unfocused LED units will scatter more in fog and defeat the purpose unless properly focussed. Check about it before buying.

Also check if the fog light needs an upgrade of the relay/fuses/wiring(I doubt) which might increase the cost.
But they're charging way more, here's a link for OEM FLs Credits to Boodmo : Tigor FL

If the cost is too steep wait out a year and then get it installed outside, buy the OEM if you want.

I guess you already know, leatherette seat covers are a bit slippery and you'll get sweaty really fast but easier to clean though.
Will get halogen fog lights only. LEDs although looks good but aren't much useful in fog.

Thanks for the link, it's only 1500 for the assembly, both side is 3000, with relays, wiring and switch it should still be within 4500, but here they are charging 8500, which is way too high. The set offered as accesories comes with wiring and switch. Will check the actual content tomorrow.

And yes I know the cons of using leatherette seat covers, that's why I prefer the stock seats, but family loves the look of leatherette and the only accessories they are concerned about are these. If I get good quality fabric seat covers aftermarket then will go for those.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:03   #40
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Will mostly get Central Locking, Rear View Camera and Fog Lamps (not sure yet) from them.
Instead of Fog Lamps, can you just upgrade the stock Osram headlight bulbs to something like Philips Xtreme vision. That should give you better visibility.
Old 28th January 2021, 20:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Instead of Fog Lamps, can you just upgrade the stock Osram headlight bulbs to something like Philips Xtreme vision. That should give you better visibility.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely check that option also.

Booked the car today. Sales Executive assured that they will try to deliver by within 15-20th of February. Also confirmed Remote Central Locking and Rear View Camera with IRVM display as they need to order these.

TATA Motors Genuine Accessories:
Tata Cars_Genuine Accessories.pdf

IVRM Display for Rear View Camera:
Confused between the Tata Tigor & Altroz. EDIT: Booked Tigor-img20210128wa0015.jpg
Confused between the Tata Tigor & Altroz. EDIT: Booked Tigor-img20210128wa0014.jpg

Regards,
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, update us with the pics now
IMHO I have used this rear cam setup once, I like it more than the in dash unit. It is more intuitive.

Thanks a lot for the accesories pdf, very useful.
Old 29th January 2021, 08:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, update us with the pics now
IMHO I have used this rear cam setup once, I like it more than the in dash unit. It is more intuitive.

Thanks a lot for the accesories pdf, very useful.
Thanks. Will click photos during PDI once the vehicle reaches from plant (Need to get a printout of TeamBhp PDI list).

Regarding the ream camera display, the dash mounted one is below 4500 including fittings but that look aftermarket and you have to switch your eyes between the display and IRVM while reversing. This IVRM mounted display although a bit expensive than that but looks OE, just like the old Fluidic Verna setup and easy to use as both the display and IVRM can be viewed together. The price is also reasonable.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 29th January 2021, 17:26   #44
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link, it's only 1500 for the assembly, both side is 3000, with relays, wiring and switch it should still be within 4500, but here they are charging 8500, which is way too high. The set offered as accesories comes with wiring and switch. Will check the actual content tomorrow.
They might be charging extra for replacing the headlamp operating switch since that has the fog lamp trigger integrated into it. All aftermarket kits will put a toggle type switch somewhere on the dashboard by drilling out a hole or using some non-OEM switch.

Best is to clarify with the dealer's accessories guy.

Also, the slow moving accessories will take a long time to reach. Their accessories dept. generally leaves you with a bitter dealership experience. Better to ask for a discount on insurance by matching the amount to insurance quotes you get online rather than trying to get the most value from the accessories they offer.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 17:36   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  1. TATA TIGOR XM
  2. TATA ALTROZ XE Rhytm
I myself have recommended the Tigor to 3 close friends - all of whom are extremely happy with the car. And countless Tiagos which is pretty much the same car.

But since you have the Altroz also in the foray - I'd say if possible - stretch to the XM+ which fits all your requirements. Given that you retain your cars for as long as 10 years - the extra money paid will be ignorable over a 10 year duration. Just adding a different point of view to reduce the impact of the money spent upfront.

If not - I'd say go for the Tigor instead. This XE Rhythm etc adds unnecessary complications and adding things like power windows etc from showroom/after-market has its own sweet limitations like non integration with front central window control unit etc. depending on which kit you buy. Anyway the Tigor is a good car with a really useful boot. Looks stylish too.

Summary - If you can buy the XM+ then Altroz. Otherwise Tigor. My 2 cents.

[EDIT] - Ouch! Just realized from later posts that you have already booked the car. So this post can be ignored or laughed at. This thread just came into my hot threads listings so I thought the jury is still out.

Last edited by Reinhard : 29th January 2021 at 17:44.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed