Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 18:28   #76
BHPian

Re: Confused between the Tata Tigor & Altroz. EDIT: Booked Tigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
If you open the boot door, you will see the latch right in the centre, protruding from the door edge. At least in my Tigor it is. If it's not there in yours, I am happy as Tatas may have fixed this design issue.

Chrome you can see around the AC vents too. It throws very irritating reflections when driving in the sun. Even the chrome logo on the steering wheel sometimes does.
Okay. Thanks. Got your point.

Will check both tomorrow in day light.

What's the solution for the chromes inside?

Also I am interested for gloss black trims for door handles and ORVM, but only getting Chrome in the market. Any other solution available? Also don't want to get these painted as I doubt the paint and fitment quality. Got ORVMs painted on our i10 from Mahindra First Choice, but the quality was not satisfactory.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 3rd March 2021, 18:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Congrats DevOnWheels, looks nice

Do share how the car and accessories feel and fit in due course but enjoy the drives now.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 19:04   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Congrats DevOnWheels, looks nice

Do share how the car and accessories feel and fit in due course but enjoy the drives now.
Sure will definitely update this thread regularly.

For the accessories, the rear view camera is yet to be changed.

Need help on gloss black door handles and ORVM

Regards
DevOnWheels
Old 3rd March 2021, 19:49   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, DevonWheels !
Wishing you a long happy ownership. How about an ownership thread soon ?

Would have been hard to let go off the Wagon-R after all these years. But sometimes, the emotions need to be second to practicality.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 19:55   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Congrats, DevonWheels !
Wishing you a long happy ownership. How about an ownership thread soon ?

Would have been hard to let go off the Wagon-R after all these years. But sometimes, the emotions need to be second to practicality.
Thanks, sir. Will update this thread with regular updates throughout the ownership.

Would have definitely kept the Wagon-R and a complete restoration was on cards. Infact also got the registration renewed for 5 years. But the rust and crack in the chassis is what forced us to sell it.

But anyways, owning another old F or G series engined Suzuki will be on the bucket list.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
Need help on gloss black door handles and ORVM
Found this link. I haven't heard about this vendor/platform (quality isn't good either as per reviews) so won't recommend buying from them but this is just to give you an idea that stuff like this is available in the market.
Chrome seems plenty but piano black not so much.

In case you couldn't find anything at your location, maybe try a wrap or get it painted to gloss black/body color ?

Sorry have no experience with these things, just guessing here.
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:17   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Found this link. I haven't heard about this vendor/platform (quality isn't good either as per reviews) so won't recommend buying from them but this is just to give you an idea that stuff like this is available in the market.
Chrome seems plenty but piano black not so much.

In case you couldn't find anything at your location, maybe try a wrap or get it painted to gloss black/body color ?

Sorry have no experience with these things, just guessing here.
Thanks, this is what I am looking for. There's plenty available for Swift. But couldn't find anything for any other vehicle.

Painting is not on the cards because of quality issues. Already had bad experience with i10. Will check Wrap options.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:34   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But couldn't find anything for any other vehicle.

Painting is not on the cards because of quality issues. Already had bad experience with i10.
Yup, location is the issue for non-availability and have heard quite a few complaints about the unknown online vendors so a no go there.
IMO aftermarket accessories should be bought and fitted in person as they don't follow strict QC so might need changing.

If a vinyl wrap solution works for you, then that's your best bet for now. Keep looking for the proper set though, good luck.
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:13   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, location is the issue for non-availability and have heard quite a few complaints about the unknown online vendors so a no go there.
IMO aftermarket accessories should be bought and fitted in person as they don't follow strict QC so might need changing.

If a vinyl wrap solution works for you, then that's your best bet for now. Keep looking for the proper set though, good luck.
Yes, will prefer to get it from a shop because of QC issues. Can check each and every part and replace if required. Will search for a few months and if not available then will go with Chrome for now. Will change to Gloss black if and when available.

Wrapping is definitely an option, but these doesn't hold up on ORVM and door handles and starts to peal off.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:39   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What's the solution for the chromes inside?

Also I am interested for gloss black trims for door handles and ORVM, but only getting Chrome in the market. Any other solution available?

For the door handles, I would suggest to leave them as they are. Else see if they can be wrapped.

For the chrome inside, this is what I have done. Mind you, it's a DIY, and any accessory guy will do a much better job than this, but there it is.

Same goes to the centre vents too. Top and bottom chrome covered with wrap.

Confused between the Tata Tigor & Altroz. EDIT: Booked Tigor-20210303_211231.jpg
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:01   #86
BHPian

Quote:
For the door handles, I would suggest to leave them as they are. Else see if they can be wrapped.

For the chrome inside, this is what I have done. Mind you, it's a DIY, and any accessory guy will do a much better job than this, but there it is.

Same goes to the centre vents too. Top and bottom chrome covered with wrap.

Attachment 2128165
Thanks for the pics. The carbon fibre wrap should look good if done properly. But not sure how these will hold. Have done this earlier on my Yamaha SZ-X front visor and Asus Zenfone back panel, but both started peeling within couple of months.

Regarding the door handles, the black ones looks too basic and spoils the look of the beautiful white paint. Makes it look like a base model taxi(like the Dzire Tour and Xcent prime variant). Hence, would like to match it up with the rest of the car.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pics. The carbon fibre wrap should look good if done properly. But not sure how these will hold. Have done this earlier on my Yamaha SZ-X front visor and Asus Zenfone back panel, but both started peeling within couple of months.

The DIY job is holding up well for over a year now.

Also keep in mind these places won't see much touching or be exposed to elements. So I don't see why a wrap shouldn't hold up well.
Old 4th March 2021, 02:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of the car on Monday(1st March).
Congratulation on the new ride. Tata Tigor is truly a value for money product and that too XM.

Drove Tigor XM and was very impressed with the car.

Happy miles.

-PK
Old 4th March 2021, 15:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:
The DIY job is holding up well for over a year now.

Also keep in mind these places won't see much touching or be exposed to elements. So I don't see why a wrap shouldn't hold up well.
Okay. Will surely try this after a few months if I feel the reflection too much. Regarding the peeling off issue, my concern is with the door handles and ORVM covers as these will be exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Congratulation on the new ride. Tata Tigor is truly a value for money product and that too XM.

Drove Tigor XM and was very impressed with the car.

Happy miles.

-PK
Thanks. The Tigor, especially the XM is great value for money. Basically we got a 4 star GNCAP rated compact sedan at a price lower than Swift VXI. One of my friend replaced his 2011 Ritz Vxi with a Swift VXi in December at 7Lakhs on-road. Now he is not at all happy with the choice as it felt like a downgrade in terms of build and quality. He was shocked when I shared the price of our Tigor which is lower than his Swift. Now he regret not exploring options available in the market and blindly following the herd (not meant to hurt any Swift fan). Infact I am also a Swift fan, especially the First gen(both 1.3 &1.2). The new one is not worth it.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:54   #90

First car and for family

Dear TeamBHPians,

This is my first time posting here, so do direct me if I am missing any information. I have two questions at the end. The requirements and considetations are to provide a context.

Requirements:
My family of 5 - my parents, me, wife and a 3 year old kid have finally decided to buy a car due to challenges faced in the past year. I am 38 and this would be my first car. I've just got LL and have joined Maruthi driving school to learn driving.

The priorities for us is as follows:
1. Safety - It's a family car
2. Back seat comfort - Thigh support and roominess in back for my parents
3. Driving comfort - Car is for city use in heavy traffic with occassional highway drives to visit family in nearby towns
4. Buget - 5-8 lakhs ex-showroom
5. Maintainance Cost and Mileage
6. Usage - 500 - 750 KM per month on average. Expecting to use it for 5-6 years atleast.

Considerations:

After going through the forum, various YouTube videos and talking to friends, I've considered cars from 3 different segments and selected one:
1. Entry level Hatchback - Suzuki Espresso - Ruled out as I want better safety.
2. Mid level Hatchback - Tata Altroz - Great car, without AMT needed for Bangalore Traffic.
3. Compact Sedan - Tata Tigor XZA Plus - Selected as it matches all requirements and has evolved over time.

I have not considered Tiago and Punch as the former has less space in back and the latter will require time to mature as a platform. I am not convinced about Suzuki and Hyundai build quality. The only other car I looked at was Triber and negative feedback on engine stopped me from considering it.

Questions:
1. Is it the correct car? I am inexperienced and hence want to confirm my choice by members of this forum.
2. Tata is known for bad sale and after sale support. Can anyone guide me to a good Tata dealer in Bangalore whom I can depend on for long term. Also, I welcome your advice on keeping the price low.

Thank you in advance...
VenkatSY is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks