Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2007, 22:01   #16

Finally decided..its Swift Vxi ABS

Guys...

Thanks for all your inputs...Well, finally decided for Swift Vxi w ABS...and now working on the accessories...getting quotes from different maruti dealers..for open market, ny ideas which showroom i shud goto in bangalore....saw "hottracks" name a lot in the forum....
Old 21st April 2007, 10:35   #17
BHPian

I would prefer the Swift over Getz.... but if your wife likes Getz..she might like the Palio as well. If you are planning to keep the car for 5 years... you may want to include Fiat Palio..... 1.6 is a charm to drive around...

Its just a test drive!!! so try it out and see how you like it..
Old 21st April 2007, 11:35   #18
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I would prefer the Swift over Getz....
Its just a test drive!!! so try it out and see how you like it..
He has already mentioned that he has decided on Swift vxi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushjain80 View Post
ny ideas which showroom i shud goto in bangalore....saw "hottracks" name a lot in the forum....
Hot Tracks is a little costly, would suggest you to take a look at the other shops and then goto Hot Tracks.
For more Shops in Bangalore Click Here
Old 23rd April 2007, 15:27   #19

Booked Getz 1.3!

Guys, even after deciding for Swift Vxi, my wife voted against it at the time of booking. She just cudn't bear the looks of it ( swift owners plz don't mind). Well, as she was hell bent for Getz and me for power, luckily we could get the old Getz 1.3 GVS (4.9L OTR)(one last car and that too in White color) at Advaith at the same price as the new Getz prime 1.1 GVS. As I could not get a better deal (in terms of Getz) I booked it then and there and will getting the delivery this saturday.
well, now we both are happy .
Reg. assy:
Llumar-AIR75 for the windshield (4500/-)
Llumar-steel35 for the rest ( 3000/-)

ICE:
Pioneer HU +JBL round 2-way in front + JBL oval 3-way at rear (dont know the exact price as I have to decide on the HU)

Alloys, tube less , cold air intake kit will come later once I have preclosed the loan.
Old 30th September 2007, 22:58   #20

getz prime gle 1.1 or swift lxi

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy a car in the budget of 4 to 4.5 lakhs. Cannot stretch beyond this.

I test drove Santro, Tata xeta, palio, Swift 1.3 and getz 1.1 petrol versions.

I am currently looking at Swift or Getz. Both cost the same price on road ( more or less ). Both don't have much discounts apart from the corporate discounts.

I am looking for good milage and a comfortable drive.

My requirements,

1. Milage.
2. Comfort.
3. good interiors and elegant looks, safety.
4. Performance and reliability ( I am not one of those who wants to drive at 100+, so i can compromise on the high end performance as we get in 1.3 ltr engine)

I am not worried about the resale value. I will be keeping this vehicle for at least 5 to 6 years.

I know getz gle 1.1 is bit overpriced but when I test drove both the vehicles I felt that getz was much comfortable and more spacious than swift. But lacks in the performance department.

My driving is 80-85% in the city and 15-20 % highways.

I want to know what is the FE of both these cars -- getz 1.1 and swift 1.3 in city driving with AC and without AC.

help me in choosing the right car.

Is getz 1.1 really worth and does it has good FE in the city.

It will be good if I know the FE in the city and highways for both these cars.

Mod's Note: Please take a few minutes to get acquainted with the various sections of the board. Take care to post in the correct sections only. Carry out a search to find a relevant thread to post, rather than opening a new thread.

Threads merged.
Old 1st October 2007, 01:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have driven Getz Prime 1.1 and the 1.3L engine, the 1.1 is a little effort to put on the power,but the 1.3 is mind blowing especially the most favourite part are the gear shifting which is Butter smooth and specially the adjustment of the Steering wheel which makes you very comfort,If i were in your place would have stretched any how and opted the 1.3L Getz,well this is my opinion.

Swift again is a good car but somehow i am not comfortable with the stability on high speeds.

Cheers.
Old 1st October 2007, 04:32   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Barring FE and performance, the Getz meets all of your other requirements.
But a word of advise, get the 1.3 Getz. It isn't about performance but more about driveability. Your FE with the Getz 1.3 will also be better.
Old 1st October 2007, 11:31   #23
BHPian

hi Lokesh,
I have been going through same situation as you are going through rt now..
My advice is
If you need milage and better comfort Getz is clear winner but if you wish to have more power then go for swift but remeber swfit has some issues like rattling noise and clutch issue
And if you are not 100+ speed crazy person go with Getz 1.1 it's the best because of it's comfort and smoothness in driving
Old 1st October 2007, 18:38   #24
BANNED

you may go in for palio if you dont care much about resale.
palio1.1 is a beauty in terms of looks. enough power and excellent value for money with comfort!
Old 1st October 2007, 19:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

if you can afford the 1.3 getz then get it. you may also want to look at the diesel getz.
Old 1st October 2007, 19:28   #26
BHPian

Definetely the Getz 1.3
Old 1st October 2007, 19:57   #27
BHPian

i am not sure about the FE of getz but swift gives around 11-12 (city with ac)
and its a bit of effort driving it around in bumper to bumper traffic.. i felt a bit exhausted after the drive.. i find indigo D better in bumper to bumper traffic..

i think even getz 1.3 would'nt give you more than 12- 13not sure about 1.1 though

do a bit of research in other areas of the forum and you'd be better off yourself

cheers
Old 1st October 2007, 20:06   #28
BHPian

My car returns 12 in city driving with a/c on. I think that's pretty frugal considering the traffic in our cities.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

The magazines have reported lesser FE for the 1.1 getz than even the Swift. Pretty understandable, the poor engine must be having hard time hauling the Getz. Its a no brainer if the choice is between Swift and Getz 1.1, the lack of power is too big a drawback, it has to be Swift.

By the way, in this segment, to me the AVEO UVA is the best buy. It has good bits of swift and getz both and trumps them both in terms of space.
The shape and size also appeals to almost everyone.
Old 1st October 2007, 22:14   #30
BANNED

look buddy. i have evaluted quite alot. here is what i found:
criteriasower;drivingcomfort;seating comfort/space;value for money
SWIFT:9;7;3;7
GETZ1.1 :5;6;8;6
GETZ1.3 :8;7;8;5
UVA1.2 :7;6;7;7
PALIO1.1 :6;7;9;8

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks