Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 11:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest to go in for the GETZ1.3 anyday for the FE is around 12kpl or more depending on the A/C's duration and traffic and is around 17kpl on highways depending on the A/c again. although the driving styles grately matter for the fuel efficency, the hyundai has good resale service and other advantages over u-va , spark etc the swift if you like the car will be a better bet for the money, as it holds the higher advantages over the getz.

dont fo for anything other than the maruthis or the hyundais atleast at the moment for the after sales service costs less,the maintainance costs less, resale is very good. the maintainence costs on chevy, ford and a few other companies is really expensive in comparision. anyway do a good amount of homework before you decide which is best for you and then put your two cents on it!
Old 28th April 2007, 15:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Decide between Getz and Spark thats my suggestion, Swift has still many minor issues which MUL could not work out because my freind who baught Swift recently told few issues which I realized as well during my Swift days.

Getz is silky smooth and very nice car 1.1 is best choice as far as getz goes. Spark is also very good car TD Spark and Getz and decide between them,

All the best.

Ravi.
Old 28th April 2007, 15:32   #18
nbr
BHPian

i agree with bhat. GETZ 1.1 is a gud buy ,especially in the white shade.
Old 29th April 2007, 22:29   #19
BHPian

thank you geeksrik!!!!!!!!!!!

in ur reply u have stated that the spark production takes 2 to 3 months. i am from bangalore and the official spark website states that the car is gonna be launched here only in july. so does that mean that now i am a good 5 months away from owning this car??? is it worth the wait or should i start looking at my other options.???? and also wats ur opinion on getz 1.1 and 1.3
Old 30th April 2007, 09:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

karty

you would wait atleast 4 months if not 5. we being in bangalore have to bear this issue of later launch! personally i would say if you have time till another 2-3 months, do wait for the car to come along, you have nothing to lose! but if you are not ready to wait, then choices are narrowed down and easy to decide. i drove the getz 1.1 and it felt terribly underpowered with a/c and 2 people in it so much so that i had to put it into 2nd gear most times to overtake. as a car and its practically (space, finishes, good feeling inside - i like the getz a lot, remember i havent seen the spark or driven it!!). the 1.3 getz will be a better off option to consider if at all you go with hyundai. it will be more powerful and a mileage of 11-12 with ac should not be impossible to achieve. but for the price of 1.1 and 1.3, i myself would have thought about buying it. the current prices are through the roof for a hatchback
Old 20th April 2009, 15:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Getz 1.1 or 1.3??

hello guys, this query is for my brother in law who owns indica which is sold now and is looking to buy petrol hatch, is looking for space,comfort and some boot space. We drove his friends 1.1 base getz for around couple of hundreds of kms on our drive in MP, BTW he stays in Jabalpur, and we really didnt felt 1.1 to be very underpowered, yes if it has 5 adults and full trunk then you do feel its less powerful but overall was good ride and very comfortable and easy to drive.Very good quality overall outside as well as inside atleast after driving indica for 5 years. What do you all experts suggest he shall go for, 1.1 or 1.3. His friends 1.1 gle i guess is the base one gives him 17 kmpl on highways and 13 in city, what could be expected in 1.3 getz.Pour your inputs.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:28   #22
BHPian

I woudl suggest going in for the 1.3 if you have highway trips planned. Otherwise the 1.1 should be enough for the city. I have a 1.3 Getz GLS not the prime but its the same engine carried forward. In city traffic gives 10 - very consistently not much more and not any less either. Havnt driven extensively on the highway to give the numbers but predict around 14-15 max. Just did a detailed 4 year review of the 1.3 on the long term reviews section.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

recently hyundai is offering its 1.1 getz for 3.95/- nett on road and another 20k discount on exchange, this price is good to take but are confusedwith 1.3 FE and its price as you said sjch older gen getz were very bad with its FE so were doubting to go with 1.3L engine.
Old 20th April 2009, 17:38   #24
BHPian

I have a 1.3 Getz GLS as well (not prime) - consistantly get 12 - 13.5 FE in the city with the AC on.
Old 20th April 2009, 17:55   #25
CDM
BHPian

As this is my first post in T-BHP, I would like to say a big hello to everyone. I use a Getz GLE 1.1 as one of my everyday commuting vehicles (the other being an Innova) and I would say that I am extremely happy with the Getz. While the 1.1 is underpowered, there is no difficulty in everyday traffic and you need to gun the engine only on steep inclines with 4 or more passengers. When I bought the Getz (last April), the 1.1 was cheaper by nearly Rs. 75K than the lowest 1.3 version. I personally felt that the price difference was not worth the performance difference. I have driven the Getz 1.1 on the highway and feel that it performs sufficiently. My advice: go in for the 1.1.
Old 20th April 2009, 20:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Karty
i am going to add to your confusion

I can see that you are a novice driver and possibly this is your first car

so have you made up your that you are going for a NEW CAR ?

you may want to consider a good used car option and save up for a much better and bigger car once your family grows and you grow professionally

if you have factored all of this already then I would suggest the GETZ 1.1 over the 1.3

it should be able to take care of your requirements more than enough. I have driven the 1.3 quite a lot and felt it was underpowered ( largely due to wrong gearing ). Not sure whether this has been rectified recently ( the one i drove was the pre- prime model )

Last edited by narayan : 20th April 2009 at 20:47.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:31   #27
BHPian

IMO 1.1 in city driving make practically no difference.

Also, you pay much less than 1.3.

Go for it man.
Old 25th April 2009, 16:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

well guys he;s almost done to go for 1.1, but no freebies just 20k exchange offer, what is offered in other cities, anything else then avaliable in getz??
Old 27th April 2009, 12:14   #29

i personally feel 1.3 is underpowered. i owned it for 3 years. ive not driven the 1.1 but the 1.3 was underpowered. i dont know how you like to drive the car. but if you have a heavy foot like me & always drive with the AC, i always felt i was yearning for more power to set my pulses racing.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:47   #30
BHPian

What is the real difference in FE between 1.1 & 1.3 Getz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks