Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 00:58   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
This is just hilarious. I really now hate getting myself into this pro/anti-fiat debates these days, but I truly found this hilarious.

I don't know how many Palio owners really complain about problem with their cars and A/S/S ....
Is it really that hilarious? Well... I myself am not very inclined for this debate either but then I have seen quite a few number of cases where in the dealer says part is not available and it has to come all the way from bombay... so cool your heels till then. Palio is a fantastic car... maybe... but if there was ever a problem with it it was the poor A.S.S. If that had not been the problem Palio would have been a runaway success. And I do not think that is a very nice experience for a first time buyer.

However, yes, the decision has to be the buyers... only that he should be aware of the facts.
Old 25th April 2007, 01:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Indica/Getz/Santro will be perfect. My grandfather is 6'2" and he has no problem with the turban in either of them.
Santro is tight for 5 people. for that Indica/Getz are the only options left, and you can choose depending on your budget.
TSK, it is very unfortunate that you being one of the Mod you are biased against Fiat! So far, I thought Mods of T-bhp were unbiased in their affairs at T-bhp, but I sadly feel that is not to be!

Why is not Palio 1.1 in your list of options for Harry? It is a decent car by all standards & comparable to the likes of Indica/Getz/Santro!
What is the harm in presenting all the viable options to the thread initator & let him consider all & make the final call.

Last edited by finneyp : 25th April 2007 at 01:43.
Old 25th April 2007, 09:14   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
TSK, it is very unfortunate that you being one of the Mod you are biased against Fiat! So far, I thought Mods of T-bhp were unbiased in their affairs at T-bhp, but I sadly feel that is not to be!

Why is not Palio 1.1 in your list of options for Harry? It is a decent car by all standards & comparable to the likes of Indica/Getz/Santro!
What is the harm in presenting all the viable options to the thread initator & let him consider all & make the final call.
Listen dude stop jumping to conclusions.
The OP clearly said that he is 6'3" and +2" with turban.
I do not know wheter he will fit in a Palio. However I do know he will fit in either the indica or getz.
As for the Palio 1.1, based on our personal experience with Fiat as a company, I base my comments, nothing wrong with that. You recommend based on your own experience, like I do. I have never seen you recommend a Xeta, and you call me biased??
Last but not the least, it is my free will to like a car or not. Nothing to be with a mod here. If I feel something meets the criteria I will recommend it. Just because I am a mod, does not mean I have to recommend something.

Tomorrow you may jump on me for not recommending an ambassador. For the record this recommendation was also based on OPs requirements like many other. He asked 6'3" + Turban, I recommended cars which I know will accommodate him. I cannot recommend Palio because I have never seen somebody this tall and wearing a turban sitting in a Palio, but have seen the same in Indica/Getz/Santro/Gypsy.

I suggest you look at your own posting record before accusing be of being biased.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 25th April 2007 at 09:22.
Old 25th April 2007, 09:36   #34
BHPian

If it's only front-seat headroom the issue, the Swift would be good. In-fact it's perfect for tall drivers; though the roof-line is as high as a Santro, it's seating is much lower - if you're a shortie, you wont even be visible behind the Swift's steering wheel. Of-course ZXi has height-adjustment, I think.

For rear space, Getz/U-VA might be better. .
Old 25th April 2007, 12:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
If it's only front-seat headroom the issue, the Swift would be good. In-fact it's perfect for tall drivers; though the roof-line is as high as a Santro, it's seating is much lower - if you're a shortie, you wont even be visible behind the Swift's steering wheel. Of-course ZXi has height-adjustment, I think.

For rear space, Getz/U-VA might be better. .
Right on the spot. In few words ballkey solved the problem IMO.
Old 30th April 2007, 14:34   #36

I think you have forgot to mentioned your budget & expected mileage.

For your need for 5 ppl. comfort & 15k running, I think you can consider INDICA XETA or Getz (original) or Getz Prime.
SWIFT would be a crunch for 3 ppl. in the rear. For 4 ppl. it is perfect.
Indica & Getz are quite roomy as compared to other cars. Getz is better looking & smooth than Indica. But Indica is better in mileage & is much cheaper (in price) than Getz. I have no idea about Getz Prime.
If you want mileage then stick to Maruti Swift with some compromise for rear passenger comfort.

~A
Old 30th April 2007, 22:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Iam really not sure whether Swift rear seat is so cramped in comparison to Getz. I have traveled in both of them as rear passenger with two more on either sides.

But I dont feel any big difference between these two, might be a marginal difference with Getz having the advantage (i guess)

Is it possible to make out the difference by measuring on an inch tape or the design that give more space on Getz?

Rear boot space and the center tray inbetween the front seats are two big troubles in Swift

Last edited by Surprise : 30th April 2007 at 22:38.
Old 3rd May 2007, 09:55   #38
BHPian

@Harry,
If space and Parking is your main considerations, why not take a look at Maruti Versa. Its dimensions (L,W) are smapller than Getz and Swift but height is biggest of the lot(3675L, 1475W, 1905H), turning circle radius 4.6M. 82BHP. It can accomodate 5 comfortably. If you can digest the looks Test Drive it.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Only a Few People have recommended the U-VA to Him. And I think Uva would be perfect for him...15K per year...so Fuel is also important and Uva is good on average...Space...nothing like it. and I have started seeing a lot of UVA's these days so it means slowly the spare prices would also come down. And the people who would go to See the SPark might be tempted to buy UVA as well. So I would pitch in for either the Spark or the UVA (and No I am not a GM sales Manager!!!)
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:09   #40
BHPian

How about a Indica Turbo DLG?

For 15k kms a year running it should be a good buy. Running cost would be low.

Unless you can stretch your budget and accommodate the extremely looong waiting period go for the Swift VDi.

Turbo DLG is a very good VFM car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks