Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2007, 23:49   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
aftermarket power windows am not sure about but dont forget the left hand side mirror.
Yes i will go for left hand side mirror and also rear head rests .I tried searching the forum but there seems to be no post on the power windows thing. Where do i get info from ??

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 4th May 2007 at 23:51.
Old 5th May 2007, 00:07   #47
BANNED

guys here in hyderabad two months waitin for ldi and for vdi they are not even taking the booking....
Old 5th May 2007, 09:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Nikunj, Congrats on the decision, buddy! I personally like the Azure Grey a lot and besides, being able to take delivery of a Swift-D within a week of booking is an achievement in itself!

As for Xenos, I don't know much about them except that they're part of the Pricol group, which has for ages been a trusted name in auto instrumentation. Also, I think they do OE supplies of power windows to Hyundai, so must be pretty good.

Wish you miles of smiles with your soon-to-be-delivered baby!

Hi Spindoc seeing the number of posts it seems u r new in team-Bhp, If so then welcome to team-bhp. Anyways thanks for the info, it is reassuring to hear that Xenos is a trusted brand, anyways i have heard it all depend upon the fitment i.e how smooth the windows roll up and down . Its a gamble but I really hope they work !!
Old 5th May 2007, 09:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
guys here in hyderabad two months waitin for ldi and for vdi they are not even taking the booking....
The scene here too is pretty bad, but the demand in cal is higher for Vdi models or so it seems , there is a 2 months wait for Swift VDi in Cal . However my dealer has one Swift VDI avaialble for ready delivery but he same is gold in colour. Nobody in my family liked that colour much so hence did not go for it
Old 5th May 2007, 11:59   #50
BHPian

HI nikunj
Congrats on booking the car. About Xenos central lock, Xenos gives life time warranty for there central locking and remote locking..

Deepak
Old 5th May 2007, 19:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
HI nikunj
Congrats on booking the car. About Xenos central lock, Xenos gives life time warranty for there central locking and remote locking..

Deepak
Thx for the info Deepak, is the lifetime warranty offer India wide or is it only for banglore , cause my car decor shop told me 3 years ..
Old 6th May 2007, 19:56   #52
BHPian

I would suggest you to go either for Swift or Getz 1.3. I found the Ikon flair also underpowered with its 1.3 ltr engine. It is also a very outdated model.
Old 7th May 2007, 09:59   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Thx for the info Deepak, is the lifetime warranty offer India wide or is it only for banglore , cause my car decor shop told me 3 years ..
lifetime warranty offer is India wide... my house owner got Xenos lock for wagon-r from car decor ... they also told its lifetime warranty ..
Old 7th May 2007, 10:45   #54
Team-BHP Support

Nikhunj, did u try working out a deal with the dealer for the aftermarket fitting of the power windows? Congrats on your purchase, pal.

Like Vid mentioned, dont forget the left side mirror too.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations nikunj.....now that you've booked the diesel, how about Pete (ing) her up
Old 7th May 2007, 19:58   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nikhunj, did u try working out a deal with the dealer for the aftermarket fitting of the power windows? Congrats on your purchase, pal.

Like Vid mentioned, dont forget the left side mirror too.
Hey ben , I did have a talk with my dealer today , he was saying that he will be giving me autocop exterminator and will give one year warranty on that . I found the three year warranty on xenos power windows by my car decor to be more attractive . Now only I have to decide whether should i go and put aftermarket power windows !

Actually my concern is that whether can i revert back to manual ones in case power windows start troubling me and also the manual windows (after i switchback) would be as smooth as the ones that came originally with my car !!

The bugger(my dealer) is saying 1415 bucks for LHS mirrors and Rs 650 for rear neck rests .I think he is quoting higher prices , what say ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congratulations nikunj.....now that you've booked the diesel, how about Pete (ing) her up
Sure once my warrnty period runs out :-)

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd August 2007 at 18:09. Reason: Multiquotes are possible in a sngle message as well.
Old 18th May 2007, 09:59   #57
BHPian

Got delivery of my silver swift Ldi yesterday , My dealer had kept his part of the bargain ,a swift diesel in 4 days flat , makes me feel good after seeing so many problems other people are facing . Really hope that you guys who are still waiting for it, get it soon

I would recommend all of you is to get your tyre pressure checked even before u tank her up , cause this is where i got a rude shock , front tyres were 42 psi and the rear tyres were 43 psi !!!! Anyways i got them changed to front 32 and rear 30 and promised myself that i will go for a tyre pressure check every month ! Will post pics of her soon !
Old 18th May 2007, 10:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nikunj , congratulations on finally getting the Swift . I am sure after all that running around it must feel really great. Have loads of fun bro . Waiting for the pics and your report on the feel of the car.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:12   #59
Team-BHP Support

Nikhunj, congrats on getting the car finally.
I guess most other people have longer waiting periods as its the VDi they are looking for, as against the LDi. The demand for the VDi is greater than that for the LDi.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:13   #60
Team-BHP Support

congratz nikunj on the new purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks