Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 10:51   #61
BHPian

I was test driving SX$ and teh sales person told me that Maruti has focused on SX4 deliveries and Swift delivery is not teh priority for them:(, may be that's the reason for delayed delivery for Swift, you all are facing.
Old 18th May 2007, 11:16   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats nikunj. Post the pics soon. Usually dealerships keep the pressure high, this is a case for most cars, even i had the same experience. And, i check pressure every sunday( a leisure morning drive to check the pressure )

IMO, waiting a month for pressure check is bit long
Old 18th May 2007, 21:03   #63
BHPian

One pic which I took in the showroom( phone cam but pretty decent) :-

Old 18th May 2007, 21:06   #64
BHPian

Thanks Sammyboy, mobike008 , ben , jaggu . U can expect another call from me soon jaggu :-) .
Old 18th May 2007, 21:13   #65
Team-BHP Support

hey nikunj, congrats on the car. looking good. I see you got the LHS mirror fixed.
Old 18th May 2007, 22:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hey nikunj, congrats on the car. looking good. I see you got the LHS mirror fixed.
Yes thx for your advice, the LHS mirror is very very useful !!

Went Alloy shopping today , got myself 4 League Alloys 14 inchers and good year venturas 195/65 R 14 . I gotta say alloys have changed the complete look of the car !! Hey jaggu you are right the venturas are really good, i am feeling more confident while i drive that car now , I dunnow whether it is a mental thing but whatever it is, it is working and the grip is good, feeling more with the road now !!! Thanks for your advise pal !!

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd August 2007 at 18:14. Reason: No unnecessary multi-posts please.
Old 20th May 2007, 22:47   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Went Alloy shopping today , got myself 4 League Alloys 14 inchers and good year venturas 195/65 R 14 .
Nice choice on the alloys and tyres also are a very good upsize for ride and grip.

Elf will be very happy with your tyre choice.
Old 20th May 2007, 22:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the car & the wheels, nikunj. Hope you have a great time with it.
cheers
Quote:
Elf will be very happy with your tyre choice.
Yeah & disappointed as well since he cant flog his long dead horse in this thread.
Old 21st May 2007, 11:21   #69
BHPian

Thanks Vid, esteem lovers will post pics of the alloys soon !!

First time i have put alloys etc , my team-bhp has really spoiled me ,poor dad got the shock of his life when I said that i would be replacing my stock brand new tyres with some other brand . He was ok with the alloys though . He is yet to see them , i wonder what his comments would be :-) .

Hey guys one more thing I went to my a local accessory shop to get central locking , sun film , ice etc . I wanted to do the same in two phases , everything except the ice( Sun film, central Lock...) in the first phase and the ice in second phase !! However the owner of the shop told me to do everything at once saying that repeated opening of the door pads will lead to rattles . My questions is if i open the door pads twice and only twice will it also lead to rattles ?? In that case the rattles may start even if the door pads are opened once !! Really Confused here . Please help !

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd August 2007 at 18:16. Reason: Only two smilies per post please.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:41   #70
Team-BHP Support

hey good to know that you have got the wheels done and dont quote me in goodyears or people will start piling on me yes i had told him the pros and cons and the feedback from the forum, sad that there are not many options "to buy" though.

door pads well loads if plastic clips and thats what makes it rattle, so once this starts replace the clips with new ones and yes repeated unplugging of clips can cause failure and then rattle
Old 21st May 2007, 13:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Your dealer has a point there about the door pads. But it is not that bad as he puts it, surely you can do it twice or thrice without any problems. Please keep us updated about your mods.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
hey good to know that you have got the wheels done and dont quote me in goodyears or people will start piling on me yes i had told him the pros and cons and the feedback from the forum, sad that there are not many options "to buy" though.

door pads well loads if plastic clips and thats what makes it rattle, so once this starts replace the clips with new ones and yes repeated unplugging of clips can cause failure and then rattle
Hmm i decided on venturas cause michelins were way too expensive, bridgestone potenza g3 have heard are a bit noisy (please no offense to anyone ) and As far as what people say and initially after reading so many negatives i was myself not very keen on good year products , however the tires(ventura's) had nice threading and i liked it , so i went for it !! Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they last me 40,000 kms, If not it is going to come out of ShuvD's pocket :-) !!
Old 21st May 2007, 13:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hmm i decided on venturas cause michelins were way too expensive, bridgestone potenza g3 have heard are a bit noisy (please no offense to anyone ) and As far as what people say and initially after reading so many negatives i was myself not very keen on good year products , however the tires(ventura's) had nice threading and i liked it , so i went for it !! Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they last me 40,000 kms, If not it is going to come out of ShuvD's pocket :-) !!
Gud choice Nikunj... where did u get it installed from, minku/vikas/someone else? Aaaaaand, when do I get to see ur ride?
Old 21st May 2007, 13:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Gud choice Nikunj... where did u get it installed from, minku/vikas/someone else?
Tyres & Alloys - Minku (Vikas was quoting higher for Potenza and Michelin - did not ask for Venturas though) plus minku has computerised wheel balancing which is a big plus plus , got all my wheels balnced before putting in the alloys !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Aaaaaand, when do I get to see ur ride?
Anytime bro, You are always welcome , AAAAnd good thing you said 'SEE' !!!
Old 21st May 2007, 13:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Your dealer has a point there about the door pads. But it is not that bad as he puts it, surely you can do it twice or thrice without any problems. Please keep us updated about your mods.
yes sir i will kep u posted on the mods, but so far now i was only thinking of putting fog lamps , central lock and sunfilm !! Doing a quicksearch in the forum for the rattling issues faced and solved by fellow bhpians !! Also am not very sure whether to add sunfilms as it reduces visibilty (already very poor) while backing up the car !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks