Team-BHP - Indica NA DLS vs Turbo DLS vs Turbo DLG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Indica NA DLS vs Turbo DLS vs Turbo DLG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/23636-indica-na-dls-vs-turbo-dls-vs-turbo-dlg.html)

I've pretty much decided on buying an indica diesel. but the difference between these variants have stumped me . Ok I know the difference between an NA and turbo engine , but why does the turbo versions have different torque and power specs?

the extra ~20k makes a whole lot of difference, so chances are that I'll get either the NA or turbo DLS.

the use is for commuting :) + family trips on weekends.
few km in city traffic , plus ~30 km on highways everyday

Get a Turbo indica, its worth the extra money.
The DLG makes 68bhp, and comes with an intercooler, the DLS comes with a non intercooled 62bhp engine.
I would suggest go for the turbo DLG, its superb value for money and you can get 20K discounts+finance discounts

Go for turbo DLG, its worth the money & you wont feel underpowered as in NA version.

As TSK said get dealer discount +financer dicount as well to accomodate extra money you would put into turbo version.

Thanks !

any idea how much one of those might cost on road in tvm ?
m afraid to ask the dealers lest the salesmen declare war on me .
plus i heard only 3 colors are available. guess cherry red is one , what are the others ?

In trivandrum(Ex showroom)
DLG turbo = 397K
DLX turbo = 417K
DLS turbo = 384K
So the difference is only 13K for DLS and DLG.
you get power windows and 8 bhp more and both side internally adjustable ORVM
Specifications
Features
There are 7 colors
Colours

DLG Turbo its gotta be. I have had experience in all sorts of Indicas, literally. Starting from the 2002 NA model to the latest NA, Intercooled TD even the Xeta to boot. Believe me nothing beats the TDI. Its just amazing. This I realized all the more during a recent drive of more than 3000 kms in 4 days flat. The TDI eats up miles at high speeds without making any fuss. At high speeds on the highways nothing else in its category comes anywhere close to it.

In any case today TDI costs are so yummy that it should be all the more easy to decide on it. When I purchased my DLS NA (1.5 yrs back) it costed a whooping 4.3 on the road even with all the corporate discounts and anything and everything that I could wring out of the dealer. :D

The indica dlg makes more sense to buy and only 13k more you will have alot more things to play around with and you wouldn't be disappointed

i td both the cars non turbo and the turbo and i found the tubro worth every penny it costed more

I bought a Turbo DLG last month, and believe me after driving 2500 kms on it, I am a very happy man :D.

Its great on the highways too, in my recent Chennai - Coorg trip it was an amazing drive. The turbo has good amount of power and the HVAC - AC in the DLG has very good cooling which would be very much required in the summers in Trivandrum.

Any idea when to expect a DICOR indica ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 428765)
Any idea when to expect a DICOR indica ?

When Maruti can produce enough swift diesel to take a pie out of indica market, Tata will introduce the bigger indica with a reworked gearbox so that its not limited to 70 horses.
Right now indica sales are around 15000 units per month. After the alto its the largest selling hatch.
DICOR engine is definitely more expensive and will push up the cost by 30,000. The buyer in the indica/indigo segment is a VFM hunter, no way Tata is going to kill the golden goose.

If you haven't already bought your car, I suggest you buy the Swift DDi. Its a superior car in almost all respects except for boot space and back seat leg room. Why don't you take a test drive and see how it feels.