Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2007, 05:30   #1
BHPian

swift (petrol/diesel)

Hi folks this is Rahul from Bangalore. I am working as an engineer in a mnc . Well i am on course to buy my 1st car and as expected it happens to be hatchback. After seriously considering all my choices i have finally zeroed it on a swift. My 1st impression was to go in for a swift vxi+abs(ex-showroom =4.47), but later on decided to extend my budget for the zxi which happens to be fully loaded and priced at 5lac ex-showroom respectively. I did my wee bit of research work on the swift zxi and got to know that its vfm and a worthy investment. But in the midst of that process i came across the diesel swift and many have ranked it very high(i mean the engine not the price though :-). The swift diesel vdi is priced at 5 lac ex-showroom in bangalore.

So now that means the zxi and vdi costs the same here and i will have to make a choice in between them.

Now coming to my commutation, i would use it for a max of 900 km per month with 90% city drive and a 10 % highway drive. i intend to keep the car for a minimum 5 yrs or more as this happens to be my 1st car. I need a good fun to drive peppy performance in city conditions from either of the cars i would own and not to mention a good mileage and easy on maintainence as well.
So it would be great of you guys to voice your opinions on my choice (zxi/vdi) and help me deciding on the better car!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11th May 2007, 11:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

On the basis of your monthly usage, you dont need the diesel IMO. Petrol ZXi should serve your purpose well, and whats more you get auto climate control, bigger tyres and other goodies not present in the VDi.

However, i have found that the diesel Swift is more fun to drive compared to the petrol. Thats because of high torque and an amazing turbo-diesel engine. Also, it performs better in bumper-to-bumper city traffic compared to the Petrol.
Old 11th May 2007, 12:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the ZXi(Petrol) for a first timer. And the amount of driving that you do does not deserve a diesel. Get all the features in the petrol car for the same money.
Old 11th May 2007, 13:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Second both DCEite and esteem_lover. Go for the ZXi. It has the performance, the bling factor and will not burn too big a hole in your pocket - considering your driving.
Old 11th May 2007, 13:25   #5
BHPian

One more thing is , decide on when you want the car ? right now or after six months.
Waiting period for swift diesel is 4 or 6 months. ( in bangalore , and i don't know about other cities )

Consider that also before finalising
Old 11th May 2007, 13:56   #6
BHPian

Considering you are gonna use the car more in the city and less mileage per month, Zxi is the best option. It come fully loaded with airbags, ABS and auto climate control. Vdi is funto drive with the high torque, but you lose out on all the goodies. Test drive both and decide....Also VDi and VDi with ABS takes a long time for delivery... Check out other threads on the VDi delivery probs that seniors have faced.
Old 11th May 2007, 15:32   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Zxi. You'll enjoy the car and its features for a long time to come.
Old 11th May 2007, 15:43   #8
Team-BHP Support

Since you dont drive too much, the ZXi is the one for you.
The VDi has quite a long waiting period, and also on the ZXi, you do get a lot more creature comforts as against the similarly priced VDi.
Old 11th May 2007, 16:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Read http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/21669-swift-vxi-vdi.html
some comparitive cost analysis has been done by a few people.. and essentially the same query.

Another one

Last edited by s0uljah : 11th May 2007 at 16:04.
Old 11th May 2007, 16:07   #10
BHPian

I also recommend ZXI ... I also face the same confusion when i was deciding for my car and in the end decided to go for Swift Vxi + ABS....if u go for VDI model you will miss the ABS and i think its the real deal if you plan to take your deisel out for long drives on the highway (thats the whole point of the diesel ain't it)
Old 11th May 2007, 16:13   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Read http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/21669-swift-vxi-vdi.html
some comparitive cost analysis has been done by a few people.. and essentially the same query.

Another one
The first link aint working
Old 11th May 2007, 16:17   #12
BANNED

Hi all members even i do have same question over here, actually i have already decided to go for white diesel VDI, with white alloys and upsize tires same as ZXI or more whichever fits and dosent harm the shocks and perfomance, still i need some advice.
This is going to be my first car earlier use to drive Dads Maruti Van.
Willing to buy a 2nd hand Honda City V-Tec old model but being a bit bigger car more maintenance and running cost is forcing me to go for smaller one, as already having 2 gas guzzlers two wheelers in my garage so dont want the third one.Thanks in advance.
Old 11th May 2007, 16:59   #13
BHPian

my vote is for a swift diesel, i know it does not have the goodies but that is all made up cause it has one of the most refined diesel engines that i have come across in small car segment . Also if u drive it once u will get to know why I am so impressed with it , it has Amazing torque and an excellent car for city driving . No lag at all with the A.C . on and mileage is great even with the A.c. on . TD both and decide .
Old 11th May 2007, 17:13   #14
BHPian

Quite simply put ... the ZXI if only for the additional safety features of the ABS and dual airbags. Features available only in a few cars in india (unfortunately) at almost twice the price.
Old 13th May 2007, 12:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The first link aint working
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...t-vxi-vdi.html

Next time, use the search. Just like I did !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks