Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 12:30   #61
BHPian

You may have a look on base version of aveo too its VFM specially after changes though they are few but GM tried to make it better i can feel the same ... personal view plss....

Old 17th May 2007, 12:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Parag,

I have my Ikon for nearly 3years now clocking around 47K Kms. I have the 1.6 version which gives a FE of around 10 to 11 with A/C in the city and gives around 15 KMPL on the highway with A/C. Without A/C i get better figures of 13 in the city and 18 on the Highway.

Have not faced any serious troubles so far except for the minor wear and tear parts. Still my vehicle is as good as new. It is a driver's car with more fun from the steering which is razor sharp and fun to drive.

I have covered almost the whole of south india with my car and never it has given any troubles on the drive. I would suggest it to be VFM pick.
Old 17th May 2007, 15:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Spindoc, the fuel efficiency figures i have mentioned are with varying usage of the A/C. even with close to 100% AC usage, i get 12+kmpl. Traffic conditions include the Whitefield traffic as well as occassional hosur road traffic.
I didnt really like the interiors shade on the the new Ikons. I kinda like dark interiors, which are also easier to maintain.
Yeah, I dont fancy the "camel" interiors too... But I guess it's ok as the upholstery can be changed to one's liking. However, there was alan observation by someone that the quality of plastics seems to have gone down too. Now, that's bad if it's true!:(
Old 17th May 2007, 15:48   #64
BHPian

Agree on this fords are excellent to drive ... but lacks a pace back on looks and comfy.... fiesta is a serious move to correction.... but can still be improved.
Old 17th May 2007, 16:01   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Thats wrong. I am 5'10 and just few days back was test driving a swift for my friend. I tried this back seat, and about 1/3 of thigh had no support.
Also, visibility of swift, for driver, is really really bad.
I disagree, I am owner and tested it many times. Anyway to each his own
Old 17th May 2007, 16:13   #66
BHPian

get either the ikon flair or accent gle both will suit you fine
Old 17th May 2007, 19:37   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Agree on this fords are excellent to drive ... but lacks a pace back on looks and comfy.... fiesta is a serious move to correction.... but can still be improved.
Fords may not be the best lookers, but they arent controversial lookers either.

I somehow liked the look of the Interceptor from Ford in their international range.
Old 17th May 2007, 21:58   #68
BHPian

agree

true my views were personal even my friends prefer ford over looks but choice varies from person to person i like ford also its an true executive car
Old 29th May 2007, 00:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

Why not Zen Estillo???
Old 29th May 2007, 01:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Its Palio or UVA anyday! Think Practical and Eliminate Swift from the list If you have shot listed it.

Swift is not practical car at all, Its accepted by indian public just for economy (because MUL is known for economy!) but its costlier than Palio to maintain!

UVA is good car as well its very spacious and very smooth ride too.

Regards,

Ravi.
Did anyone shoot the swift ???

And i would like to believe that the petra & the palio are not 'economy'. That would mean that you are rich & all the poor suzuki owners do not have money to spend. WOW !!

do petra & palio come with ABS & airbags ?? oh! someone said they dont need it since they are built like a tank & move like a tank. great. absolutely soldier.
Old 29th May 2007, 08:59   #71
BHPian

My choice would be in the following order :

1. Getz 1.3 - Comfortable, spacious, smooth car, not so peppy so good as a driver driven car.
2. Swift DDiS - Considering you do 50 Kms per day + 4 long trips a year.
3. Palio Stile 1.6 - Peppey, well built car and Team BHP choice !!
Old 29th May 2007, 10:18   #72
BHPian

Decided on any car parag ??
Old 31st May 2007, 11:56   #73
BHPian

if you can wait till the getz diesel is launched then hang on.
For the distance you need to commute on a daily basis it's got be a diesel. so the other option left is to buy a swift diesel and sit up in front beside your driver. Legroom and seat comfort is better in front.
Old 31st May 2007, 15:33   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo View Post
For the distance you need to commute on a daily basis it's got be a diesel.
For 50KM a day, it will take more than 3 years to get advantage over petrol car considering difference in initial cost. (more than this if you consider NPV). Many will sell the car by this time.
Old 31st May 2007, 16:52   #75
BHPian

My advice would be to go for the Getz. To be honest, it doesnt excel in any particular department but overall its a very good package. Ofcourse, I own a Getz.

At the time of purchase, my shortlist was limited to Swift/ Getz. The Swift interiors felt too dark, with windows at higher level coupled with dark interior finish. Getz on the other hand lets in more light and quality of interiors is superior. It also seemed more practical with a 60:40 split rear seat for occasional trips to the rly station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks