Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:53   #16
Team-BHP Support

I do not think OHC at this stage will be a very good idea. Most of the OHCs that you will get now will have huge kms clocked. Afterall its sometime since it was phased out. Any OHC that you get won't be less than 4 years old at the very least. Chances are it will be 5+ years old. And when you buy a car that has been driven for that long... well...

I think you are better off looking at other options. As some people suggested, a good performance choice in pre-owned section is Baleno. With Maruti around and the car being not that old since it was phased out you can get very recent ones at good prices. Maintenance will also be easy. And of course the FE will be a bonus.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:06   #17
Team-BHP Support

Agree with Zappo. People who have well maintained OHCs do not sell them. You will find one if you look very very very hard.
Even if you ask iraghava whether he would sell his 135K done OHC, he will run away from you . So you get the idea.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:38   #18
BHPian

I will start looking out for used baleno's now. I had considered the car earlier, but its just so damn hard to get your hands on!!! Plus i'd heard scary things about spares and read some stuff on the forums as well (about tail lamps costing 11 k).

Anyway, there's a new spin on things now - a friend of mine has convinced me to test drive the Bunty Bubbly Suzuki Swift!!!!! I've been quite against the car for a while now, but will test drive it anyway. Wanna make sure i put my hard earned 5 lakhs to good use.
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:08   #19
BHPian

From a Car size perspective you are looking at two different segments. the B and the C.

Any specific preferences that you have regarding those? A used Baleno is a good car, but are you going to use that boot space?

It'll be cheaper to pick up a used Palio 1.6 for less than half the cost of a "newer" used Baleno and use the saved money to do the car up - alloys, interiors et al. Unless you could use the boot space, then a C segment is the way to go.

Superavi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks