Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 15:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
there is no problem with fiat service now,i bought my palio 1.2 one year back and it is my first car i dont understand why are you saying first time buyer shouldnt go for palio.
in ride and fun every body knows nothing can beats palio.in terms of service i havnt had any problem with fiat pr tata-fiat services absoluotley nothing.i am too happy with palio that i am gonna change it to 1.6.
go for palio dude you will understand what is fun driving.
Maybe its like "you need to go up the ladder."
Old 30th May 2007, 15:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
FIAT cars are an EXPERIENCE to be EXPERIENCED....just that butter smooth & precise power steering & gear shifts can give you a high...handling is a breeze for the car
Palio had got one of the most precise power steering in the B/B+ category.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:02   #33
BHPian

yea dude,it is going up, dont know whether it is ladder or stairs or lift
Old 30th May 2007, 16:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
there is no problem with fiat service now,i bought my palio 1.2 one year back and it is my first car i dont understand why are you saying first time buyer shouldnt go for palio.
I am a first time buyer too (a 1.2 NV)and enjoying it thoroughly.Personally, I didn't like the SWIFT.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have not driven a U-VA or Spark.

Have driven Palio and driving PALIO is pleasure.

There is nothing wrong in adding up more options for the thread initiator, be it a Swift or Getz. Finally the purchaser needs to decide on what needs to be purchased.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Even my first car was a Fiat Palio .. that too the rarest of the rare breed.. a 1.9 Diesel engined one!! Not a single person I know recommended the car. I just made up my own mind.

Even then, everyone said the same stuff about company disappearing and leaving me stranded. That was 4 years ago. My bro drives the car now, he hasnt had a single complaint about the car or the A.S.S. And I relish the time when I get behind the wheels of the Palio.

So whoever is going around talking about Fiat disappearing and Fiat not being a good car for a first time buyer, is frankly IMHO, making an *** of himself.
Old 30th May 2007, 18:23   #37
BHPian

I am surprised that the Getz is not on your shortlist. BTW, I have a Getz and am quite satisfied overall with the car. I particularly like the solid build and feel of the car. The interiors are not too flashy but quality of plastic etc. is good. Even after 13 k on the odo and 1.5 yrs on the road, the car is rattle free. The FE in the city is close to 10 KMPL. Earlier it was 9-9.5 KMPL, but I noticed a slight improvement after the 3rd service. Atleast do a test drive before finalising your decision.

My take on the others:
Spark & U-VA - GM service is not very inspiring (my perception)
Palio- very poor re-sale value, but sure the 1.6 offer seems tempting with Tata service becoming available. Resale value might improve if the brand FIAT value improves.
Old 30th May 2007, 20:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Even my first car was a Fiat Palio .. that too the rarest of the rare breed.. a 1.9 Diesel engined one!! Not a single person I know recommended the car. I just made up my own mind.

Even then, everyone said the same stuff about company disappearing and leaving me stranded. That was 4 years ago. My bro drives the car now, he hasnt had a single complaint about the car or the A.S.S. And I relish the time when I get behind the wheels of the Palio.

So whoever is going around talking about Fiat disappearing and Fiat not being a good car for a first time buyer, is frankly IMHO, making an *** of himself.
Its good to know that you have good experience with Fiat (Palio) right from the day one for 4 years. This will really help for buyers who decides to stay away from FIAT with a question in mind on After Sales Support. By the way, how many KMS have you covered in this 4 yrs?
Old 30th May 2007, 20:32   #39
BHPian

@risga - may be personal but not too gung ho abt korean companies. friends have reported premature problems & even in this forum.
@blrboy and other palio owners in blore - hope service in blore is as good as mumbai/pune. my first impressions with concorde were not too great..
Old 30th May 2007, 20:47   #40
BHPian

spark

Get spark to your life dear...

Spark is latest one and will be an awesome car.... GM has improved a lot on service part i took feedback from few GM product owners who bought the car recently and i got good feedback about them improvement is there. I also recently got Aveo 1.4 LS... Enjoying it every day

Spark is a good car with loads of features that a new generation car should have though it is slighty overpriced. but still VFM car....

Reviews spell it as a good car

Tough one to Maruti !!!

Last edited by kamy450 : 30th May 2007 at 20:48.
Old 30th May 2007, 20:47   #41
BHPian

Nimz,
I am also in process of deciding of my next car. By coincidence, I have also shortlisted Palio, Spark and U-VA. Only difference is, in my requirements, Ride quality features at the top. I drive 60KM a day, so I am more concerned about smooth clutch, engine noise..overall smoother ride than anything.

I took TD for both Chevy's. Palio 1.6 was not available for TD, but I did take TD for Stile 1.1. Because of populer demand (like what we see in this forum), I also tried Swift that belongs to my colleague.

Swift has good pick-up, but in terms of supsensions, engine noise, rattling, it does not give the same experience as Chevy.

If Palio 1.6 has similar clutch and engine noise as stile 1.1 then it is also out of my list. But Palio is very tempting as it is good VFM and good on safety.

Both Chevy have very silent operations. When I started the car, there was zero engine noise. Gears are ok, clutch was smooth. Both cars are pleasure to drive. I tried driving UVA in typical Pune traffic (Pune members will know what I mean), it was very good experience. There is minimal gear shifting required. Spark has good pick-up considering 1L engine. It is good enough to serve my purpose. Centrail console is not a bad thing. Interiros are great. (this is a minus for UVA)

Now it is only up to my budget, if I can stretch myself, I will go for UVA, otherwise SPARK is certainly safe option. Btw, I feel UVA is priced little too high for LS option, in this price you can get Swift vxi with ABS. But you do get tilted Steering (if it is your requirement).

Last edited by radek : 30th May 2007 at 20:53. Reason: to correct typo
Old 30th May 2007, 21:57   #42
BHPian

GM products

Slightly off topic But still wanna put one fact GM's new vehicle range has got decent engineering in terms of engine refinement and cabin noice

Aveo, UVA and now spark !!!
Old 30th May 2007, 22:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Slightly off topic But still wanna put one fact GM's new vehicle range has got decent engineering in terms of engine refinement and cabin noice

Aveo, UVA and now spark !!!
Yes, you maybe right!
But, sadly very few takers on this forum & outside too!

If U-VA is priced a bit lower, it can give a Swift and Palio a run for its money!

And they should come up with a U-VA Sports version with that engine used in Chevy SRV to counter the Palio 1.6!
Old 30th May 2007, 22:28   #44
BHPian

I bought secondhand Fiat Siena(airbag, ABS,PS,etc.,) two months ago this is my first car so far my experience from it that I can gather is you get the safe n secure feeling and above all 1596cc engine beast to control if first timer like me can control this one why not you just give it try before thinking about other car ??
Old 30th May 2007, 22:54   #45
BHPian

BTW I m trying to give you my viewpoint since fiat siena & palio shares the same 178 platform and engine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks