Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 21:33   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
@huntrz :: whats this service holidays? sidey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Nimz,

Get service holiday package from GM your all worries will be parked aside. I got for my aveo too, its v cheap as compared to other car. Spark has 3 year service holiday package included by default so no worry on spark side uva i am not sure. how ever i can see the spares are not expensive for chevy cars as i thought some are equivalent to maruti spares but few are bit expensive also.

but if you see GM spares are better in quality, probably better quality control at GM.
the 3 yrs/100000km service package that GM is offering.
Old 15th June 2007, 22:23   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

some how i tend not to buy your expensive on spares stuff. well thats what there is a service holiday. i drove both cars, i like both for their own good points and not like them for their own bad points. you cant compare stile and uva, you can compare spark and stile if you want to! uva deserves to be compared with getz and swift not with stile frankly.

if i dont end up with sx4 i would end up with uva most likely. arguably i understand price is high, but without abs its 5.5 which is like 1 lac more than stile slx 1.1, or 1.6, but more spacious, very decent interiors, alloys, wider tyres (this makes all the driving diff believe me), superb silence, etc
Well you can compare Stile 1.1 with Spark or Santro but Stile 1.6 is way ahead of Getz or Swift or UVA. Personally I don't believe that pricing a car high would make it worthy of a higher segment. Swift or Getz will any day be ahead of UVA and same goes for Stile 1.6 vis a vis Swift/Getz.
The problem actually lies with Stile 1.6's pricing. A customer who is out to buy a 5L car would try to compare its FE with a similarly priced car and naturally a smaller engine would give a better FE.
Had it been priced in the 6 Lakh range(or even higher) like Chevy SRV then the prospective customer of a 6Lakh car would actually have expected lower FE and would therefor happy with the package. This is why people don't crib about SRV's FE(7 lakh hatch) but they do for Stile 1.6
As for space, yes, UVA is definitely more spacious..
but there is nothing more that I feel would makes it comparable to Stile 1.6.

btw GeekSrik, are you really choosing between UVA and SX4 or was that a typo..
Old 16th June 2007, 12:39   #93
BHPian

TD and 1.6 retro vs 1.6 stile (and maybe vs the Swift VDI?)

Read, read and read is what I’ve been able to do in this forum!. So when will I contribute to the team-BHP in some other way than that eh? Well – now’s a good time.
Alright alright – sorry dudes; TDs and reports are not easy after fatherhood; its good enough I’m able to write this in amidst the sleepless nights – All for EMD, Nimz, Radek, Ravink etc in Bangalore. Hopefully this is in time for you before you do any bookings this weekend. PM me if you want any immediate info on phone etc btw)

Before I get started, guys – This is my first TD report and not so good one at that – That’s mostly since I am caught between the TD and at the same time comparisons with other cars – So if you have a lot of patience … read on….

My first drive of the palio retro is detailed here a little: #

TD and 1.6 retro vs 1.6 stile (and maybe vs the Swift VDI?)

Last Thursday, an interesting thing happened: Both the prerana guys and the concorde were calling me and offering to bring the 1.6 stile over for a TD !!! And guess what !? - i decided to take a TD from both the guys and one almost immediately after i drove the other

Concorde guy supposed to arrive at :15 but reaches at 2:45 ("sir – lot of traffic etc" hmmm). Anyway he comes in a nice and very neat looking black stile 1.6.
First impressions of the exterior look:
- The front grille does look very nice but I also feel the earlier palios have a more sporty look to it (On the way out of the office where he brought the TD car, I had checked out other old palio 1.2 etc for the exteriors. ). But still both work fine for me.
- The new headlights and tail lights – oh yes – they look really good. (But though they look nice, I wonder also if these lights are a little too big car types to be put in this big-small car. Comments?) I did turn on and off the lights and hazard button etc but being day time could not really check the effects of the lights etc.
- The new door handles – much more modern compared to most other small-small and big-small cars (except Swift I believe which is the same)
- OSRVM: Since it was all black it was fine but if you were to go for a red, I noticed that some parts would still be black (some holder parts for the mirrors). So I think ( hope to be corrected) if some one wanted to for a formula red and is expecting an ALL red look, I think that may not turn out to be true).
- Alloys – uhmm- good/ok. If you want to own a 1.6 and wanted alloys, I am sure most of us would want a cool one and not a very covered up telephone dail type on. Well – VFM (5.0x OTR) and one shouldn’t be complaining. As some one said, it kinda grows on you. But if I had a choice of taking a normal set of wheels with the 1.6 stile at a lower price – maybe a few thousands above the 1.1 stile - then I could have put my own set of alloys.
- Tyres – ok – maybe a tad bit wider would be good.
- Overall look – well I liked it but I could not deny the feeling that there was something missing in this black version. Maybe it was due to the fact that it was a dull gloomy weather (and a heavy mallu lunch around an hour before!) – so I kept remembering moralfibre’s red and how he described the drops on the red palio 1.6 retro he has). So my mind says – I’ve got to see this in red too and maybe red will be the color that looks good at all times (dull weather or not or even at night). My wife too thinks generally red may look fine though she is fine with black. Yet to see a formula red 1.6 stile though… [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Conclusion: Exteriors – No problems here (whatever minor negatives can be lived with).

Luggage space:
- Before stepping inside, I open up the boot etc as I want to make sure if this satisfies my space requirement – well the boot is ok – as I read in a recent mag (ODI May 07) Palio boot is the biggest amongst getz prime and the U-VA. So if you are going for a hatchback and small car and want boot space – palio should be it.
- Now does this have more luggage space than just the boot? Yes – as you all know the rear seat can be folded – twice – and say if you have only 2 ppl and an airport trip – this car will do (as much as if not more than my omni 8 seater . lol).
- But if you have 3 ppl and airport trip ? – hmm – (my omni will have to come to rescue or a 3 box) - No 60:40 or split seat folding in the 1.6 stile so that you can fold just one half of the rear seat . (yes – the U-va has this but only in the top end model – so careful in the comparison there)

Conclusion: no problems with luggage space (whatever minor negatives can be lived with depending on your needs and usage model).

Safety:
- I always (not that I’ve test driven a lot of cars … but thanks to all the gyan I get from all you people here! ) check for some metal at back of the rear set from the boot area. The palio (if I remember correctly) has a big metal something (not a rod more like a plank-ish kind of thing) across the rear seat back.
- Add to this the collapsible steering column (I don’t think the swift has this but I believe the u-va has this.. anyone can confirm?) and the overall build (door thuds and anything else we normally assosciate with build quality) and crumple zones ( it is indeed there in a palio as with every recent car from swift isn’t it?), you can be pretty assured on safety.

Conclusion: Safety: So no problems here (that’s an understatement – really if you ask me).

Interiors and comfort:
- The seat tilt adjuster is very convenient to use (though it may have a tendency to making you feel you can change it slightly more to suit you even better. That’s a good thing as long as you find your sweet seating spot.) ]
- The 1.6 retro seats felt more comfortable - conc folks said the seat for retro is bigger; i felt this too earlier in a TD where I drove the 1.6 retro and the 1.1 stile back to back in the same route. The retro seemed to carry you better and better thigh support
- When I TD-ed the 1.6 stile, I had additional observations and interesting one at that. Let me explain:
For the concorde 1.6 stile TD, I kept fiddling with the seating length and tilt and I drove it and felt it to be a little cocooned. Cannot see the bonnet whatsoever (as my colleague friend pointed out) but I don’t have so much of a problem with that (I am used to that in my omni LOL) – some of you may be impacted with this limitation. Additionally I kept getting the feeling of discomfort with the position and I was sad that I was not happy with the seating for the 1.6. Well 30 minutes after (!) I drove the 1.6 stile from Concorde, the prerana guys brought theirs over and this time I didn’t do a change in the tilt of the seat and LO BEHOLD – the discomfort was not there (bonnect cud not been seen still of course). Maybe experts here know all this – but newbies to TDs, careful on this seat positioning as this makes a HUGE difference on the drive and I am so lucky to have done a TD of the same car again in a short gap and lucky to have found out the root cause of the discomfort. If I had not, I would have rejected the 1.6 altogether and would have thought even more about the 1.6 retro.
- Interior space: Back seats fairly good- I think you can seat 3 ppl comfortably in the rear seat. With U-va (only sat it one but did not TD it), the rear seat width is a little more and maybe more comfy. Swift (have to bring it in here Nimz/Thread starter, as this is in my comparison list) – rear seats seemed to seat the 2 ppl on the side more comfortably. I will have to do this comparison back to back some time with the U-va, palio and the swift (oh Getz doesn’t appeal to me or my wife personally – especially due to the price)
- Dash/Fascia: The silver finish on the stile was ok – to me, it seemed like a not-so-great effort to fit it into the silver finish fascia that most car makers try to provide. As some one already mentioned the a/c controls are dated but hey this works for me. Only I find I would have rather had the ICE controls at this height as I would fiddle more with the audio controls than the A/c.
- There are no convenient cup holders – whatever is there is in the back side of the glove box door – and believe me u cannot use this while driving (ok drinking anything while driving is not a good safe thing to do anyway but you still need to store it firmly somewhere when not drinking but driving) - and you can use this space only when you have to use this when parked and use this instead of a take away tray.!. So not happy – but uhmm-err… can live with it for now – maybe in the city – then again maybe not. (Btw, from the other TDs, and U-VA brochure etc – there are all these nice practical and needy features – if you need them) Cant comment on the u-va interiors comparison as I haven’t really looked them after this 1.6 stile TD.
- My colleague was also there with me and he had some comments regarding the 1.6 stile fit and finish for interiors and plastic. He pointed me to how the dashboard was tacky and how the fit was not so good (on the plastic/beadings outside on the door). When we parked it next to a Getz after the TD, I notice the Getz plastic/beading on the the door was not as badly fitted as the palio – the pieces on the 1.6 stile looked like it could be easily ripped – it was not stuck properly.
Guys/newbies to TDs: I felt it was good I brought another person along In fact this is something that happens when doing a TD based on a lot of enthu and reading of the palio on the whole. I didn’t notice much from the 1.6 retro but having a non-biased person with you will help you see some things a little more in the non-dream-way.
- Oh - the 1.6 stile did not come with the leather steering somehow (I noticed it only in the vehicle from prerana and don’t remember if the concorde vehicle had it or not)
- Other things – on the plus side, nice instrument cluster, theatre dimming lights, excellent A/c – need to keep it only at 2 and keep it blowing to head and foot for a silent yet effective cooling

Conclusion: Interiors: overall – OK. But it looks like there is some cost savings/cuttings on the 1.6 stile vs the 1.6 retro – Its visible IF you are willing to look for it (and not keep the “i-too-want-to-love-a-fiat” syndrome that I have/had.) And hey there are less “moving parts” – and I haven’t gotten the clear idea why the stile is a little cheaper. I also hear that most of the parts are sourced from the same place as where Tata is sourcing theirs from. So do a personal comparison (in addition to the forum research) of these with other cars(u-va etc), IF these factors for you are higher in your priority list. (What I am saying is the there are some things which one may not like with the interiors - above not a good feature but you wish it was there and end of the day – prioritize this need somewhere and make your decision)

Drive:
I am no expert but here goes:
- Suspensions – I liked it - a lot. Very good – my kind of suspension thing this car has. No problems what so ever. For this part of the test and turning radius, I drove the 1.6 stile over the same stones and pot-holed-roads that I did with the 1.6 retro. Absolutely satisfied. First time I drove (several weeks ago) on the 1.1 stile was with my pregnant wife in the rear seat and she had no problems! (so there you go!). (note – she has not been available to compare it to other cars and the only comparison I have is with the swift (which I will do later below or in a next thread – this report is already getting long eh?!!!).
- Turning radius: 1.6 stile has 5.1 and according to concorde/prerana the 1.6 retro has a higher one. I tested both and I found a tiny but noticeable difference (I thought it maybe psychological but I am comparing at the same turning) and the 1.6 stile seems to be indeed lesser. Well does it make a difference – have to compare with other cars which have lesser turning radius….
- Steering: As mentioned earlier in another thread, I really felt in control. The steering gave me a good feeling where I was and how I was turning etc. My friend on the other hand ( as I made him drive it too) – said it was a little too tight for him. Anyway for me – it felt fine.
- Body roll (something which I don’t know how to really and correctly test so my friend told me the result when I took a reasonably fast u-turn): It was good according to him. To me (non-technical guy in cars) I felt still in control and a good grip on the road.
- Clutch – Some folks mentioned this is a little hard – I didn’t find a problem
- Braking: Very Good. I liked it. I thought it stopped without much shifting or screeching. And it stopped where I wanted it to stop – even from about 90/100 (no odo though to confirm) to 10-0 for a speed breaker stop.
- Engine: My colleague had a comment as I made him drive it too: “though initially the engine sounded very nice – like a cat purring-, after we drove the whole sarjapur road to 2 turnings before krishnarajapuram on the outer ring road, it sound like it could not keep up (!!!) – and the engine was whining and crying – sounding more like a dog gruff/grunt.“ Alright - so this was unexpected and i know my friend to be a good introspective guy , so I said well its maybe due to the new car – and not run-in etc and maybe things will change. I didn’t find a problem – I just thought yes – I did push the engine a lot – I think I would have gone to 110 or above and maybe it did whine. So guys – is this expected behaviour and not a potential problem?

Conclusion – drive: I liked the fact it is a 1.6 and gives me power to drive rev happy when I want it. For FE: maybe I will need to drive it in a sedate mode if I really wanted the FE that bad. But hey as of now I am one of those lucky Bangalore IT guys, who have a <3 Km one way drive from home to office (!) – and I don’t get much area (other than a short 80 kmph on my omni on the outer ring road) to go revving. So that way I am ok with the 1.6 engine. (But the 1.1 is totally out for me – A year or 2 later when I drive long distance, I will be constantly switching off/on the a/c to overtake in highway.)

Choices and comparisons to other cars
You cant imagine what TORQUE can do to you. I didn’t like the Swift Vxi so much but boy o boy – I drove the Swift VDI and the drive is so fun that you may even consider spending the extra money and going for a Diesel!
Swift interiors and finish is not bad – but yes I did get a rattling when I drove the vxi which had done around 18 (or 28K don’t remember) on the odo. But I didn’t get any on the vdi which had done around 11k or so.
Braking: Triedthe vdi (without ABS) and try a 100 to stop and the wheels screech – ok they don’t make the vehicle swerve but I am not sure if this is termed as good braking. Any expert comments? (And btw – whenever we TD drive a Swift petrol they give you the zxi which has ABS and airbag – and now I now the difference. I shud try and get a TD of Vxi with ABS. Anyway my take to newbies to TDs is – always insist on apples to apples comparisons for TD and try to get a TD of the car u may be considering to buy and not another variant)
Seating and comfort: I actually felt Much more comfy in the swift in both drivers and rear seat. U-va - as i mentioned has a wider rear seat space but i thought surprisingly enough, the swift rear space is not at all bad and very near in comparison.

Nimz, EMD, et al potential buyers:
I have yet to try out the u-va but all this (If you reached reading till here i.e) is making me think – why do I want to go for a palio and not enjoy the drive though it has a beautiful engine and good build and braking but not so great interiors. U-VA (going by reports here) seems to be better in most aspects – only the drive has to tested. (GUYS please don’t make a war here – I know what comments will come from anti-palio folks – err there aren’t really any such ppl are they now friends?).
A.S.S- I am willing to take the risk and go with the palio – If I take the palio I will do it only after actually going to the service stations in Bangalore and being assured its not too bad. BUT, instead of comparing this with Maruti, I have been observing that GM is really in between MUL and Fiat in this aspect. So I am now keeping my options open and I will take my TD of the u-va and then see if Its worth pushing my budget for the 1.2LT or go with 1.2 LS (almost same as the 1.6 stile).
Spark? – not TD-ed it yet – but though It may not satisfy all my requirements, I just might TD it.
Btw – my plans for purchase in month of June,may be getting postponed and I may be able to wait for a month or 2 – and hence I may be even willing to forgo any waiting periods ( for Swift VDI) or take more time with TDs too.
For all those who reached till here – and actually read it – Thank you! – I hope you read it in a shorter time than I took to write this.
(mods, i need a little help: Cutting a pasting from a word document to here ends up in a lot of time editing and removing the html/"font.color,black etc " kind of things - I am lazy to solve this problem - care to point me to any tips on writing long posts to the forum)
Old 16th June 2007, 14:11   #94
BHPian

Good detailed report Sithon.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:29   #95
BHPian

@sithon :: Thanks a million! Great detailed report - and right in time too.

Need to ask u about build quality on the exteriors? I saw a BIG gap in between the plastic windshield holder and the bonnet at the corner. I was wondering if this is a TD vehicle phenomenon or not.

i have a feeling that if torque gives you a kick and u dont mind waiting for 2 months, the VDi is your babe.

So, tentatively when is ur UVA TD scheduled?
Old 16th June 2007, 15:07   #96
BHPian

yvw (you're very welcome) bro. besides i thot i had a deadline to keep according to some manager like comment here by some one lol
But hey - really glad this was in time for you. All the best and r u actually deciding or buying this weekend?

Exterior build quality: i didnt notice this big gap - didnt look for it. (wouldnt call it build quality but rather fit and finish as palio build is really good as anyone will vouch for it).
lemme see if can check this out - as i stay near the prerana motors in sarjapur road and will check it out if they have a car with them. no promises have u asked uttamc or bottle? maybe as new owners they can give u a ready answer.
U-va -T.D well maybe after next weekend. i get a feeling GM needs to lower the prices a lil - i dont mind giving them till jul/august for that. lol.
ALso i have not done the task of going to all (only 2 in bangalore?) GM dealers for getting a good assessment done - so that will take a few weekends.
Old 16th June 2007, 16:51   #97
BHPian

@ Srik, I did say its good car. There are two problems though 1. It is underpowered 2. Its overpriced. That's it.
Old 16th June 2007, 16:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But why is the service interval 5K? Faster wear and tear???

Can someone confirm the service intervals in MUL / Hyundai. Is it really 10K (I read this in TG's shootout). For Palio it is 5K normal and 7K oil change.
Before all GM service intervals were at 10k, but customers complained of having to shell out more money per service so its done at 5k and yes its the same for all other manufacturers too except Ford.
Old 16th June 2007, 19:50   #99
BHPian

Took the test drive of UVA today.. infact test drove 4 cars today UVA,Stile 1.6,Swift and Getz Prime(1.3), went with a friend of mine who has to buy a car..
Interiors- the interiors of UVA are really great.. second to none.. next would be Stile(2 tone).. Getz is OK(grey) and Swift's interiors really sucks(grey with cheap plasticky feel).

Gear- Gear box of Getz was the best slick smooth and precise.. UVA's gear box was not up to the mark.. I was really struggling with its gear, they are not precise like the other 3 cars.. moreover the Gear lever is awkwardly placed, one has to push his hand backwards to reach them specially when they are in 2nd or 4th gear.. this becomes even more cumbersome for a tall guy..

Swift's TD car was 15000 Km old and badly maintained.. I had once test drove same TD car when it was new and its gearbox felt better.. even now it wasn't as bad as UVA but when ever the car went into a pothole every thing in the car clattered like anything and felt as if something or the other with fall off from its body.. One more thing UVA's mid variant was coming to be around 5Lakh on road but even that didn't have Tachometer.. I am pointing this because my friend wants to wrap up within 5Lakhs.. Hence top end variant of UVA is out of budget and so is Getz(1.3) which is 5.95 L on the Road..

Driver's seating position was best in UVA.. built quality of UVA and Palio were way ahead of the other two.. Though UVA is spacious for passengers but its boot didn't seem to be as deep as Palio or Getz.. as for Swift, the less we talk about its boot the better..

Getz and UVA had tilt steering feature which is important.

None of them are even close to Palio 1.6 in terms of driving pleasure.. the car simply roars when you press the throttle.. and has excellent mid range pulling power.. Ride quality was excellent in Palio as well as UVA.. didn't feel the potholes at all.. Swift and UVA are fairly silent..

Huhh!! Now that was like a CAT's apti question, inconclusive.. and Nimz has to solve it out for himself..

And yes, dealer experience was worst at Maruti.. whereas the hyundai guy told me that Getz 1.3 produces 96 bhp .. Dealer experience may vary from dealer to dealer..

I felt that Palio 1.6 as well as UVA are good deals(for a 5 Lakh budget) but I feel that Palio 1.6 has an edge since it comes fully loaded for 5 L, looks stunning(this might be subjective), has alloy wheels and has a tacho (which for me is a necessity).. However UVA has its own advantages- it has the best interiors available in a hatch in this Price range and has tilt steering, not sure if driver's seat height adjustment is available in mid variant or not..

Prices
UVA mid variant 5L with no discount
Stile 1.6 4.95 with 16 K discount on offer
Swift Vxi 1.9 with 5K discount on offer
Getz 1.3 5.85L with 15K discount on offer

I know that Swift and Getz are not a part of the discussion on the thread but I mentioned them just for the sake of comparison.. All prices are for Hyderabad..
Dealers visited were the following-
Varun Auto- for Maruti
Concorde Motors and Malik cars for Fiat
Orange Auto for UVA
Talwar Hyundai for Getz.
Old 16th June 2007, 19:56   #100
Senior - BHPian

sithon, very nice report. a few points from my side. the build of the current palio stile is a notch lesser than the retro ones. and yes seating is better off in retro ones. i could also not see the bonnet much in the new one. w.r.t swift, the seating is surely a bit of an issue at the back maybe. i was also wanting to know from members here how safe is the swift if something crashes into it from behind, will the crumple zone design work as expected? can anyone comment??

- drinking or eating anything during driving is a full TABOO, if you dont believe me check this out, a preg woman also having a kid with her on her lap, without seat belts, crashed into the windshield bcos the driver hubby lost control of the car. when i was at hosp today, she came in bleeding badly on her face and cuts all over. luckily the preg lady was fine with the unborn kid - only because this car was a PALIO !! check this out yourself

if you observe the red circle thats where her head cracked the windshield. bad impact i would say. now to the question, how will an aveo or swift react to this kind of thing?

on the interiors, palio sucks. with all the biege around they have successfully screwed a good looking car. having said that, w.r.t drive, the suspension is hard (like in old baleno) and you ll know the clutch is hard if you already suffer from some sort of leg pain like me.

what you said on the uva is a pretty decent write up. yes of course its got wider tyres which make the ride all the more interesting. and yes the torque on swift VDI is mind blowing. the interiors on the swift though leaves a lot to be desired. ABS is something that i would sorely need, but if you are a pretty careful driver then even without ABS, you should be able to handle the car well. this is where maruti has cut corners (ABS, defogger, airbags??? - nothing even on VDI.) on highest end model of uva (LT) you do get ABS and it should do some good for a vehicle with 185 profile tyres.

good write up sithon. worth your effort spent! keep the thread going.
Old 16th June 2007, 20:14   #101
BHPian

@geek :: related to safety, all 3 cars (UVA/ SWIFT and Palio) have the crumple zones. Or atleast their brochures mention this.

But then, this is really horrifying- how can we make sure that these tall claims about crumple zones and 2.5M bumpers (whatever these are) are really effective in saving lives and limbs?

Rather let me re-phrase it this way?

Are there currently no means of finding out which car is safer than the other in India? OR are such methods already in place?
Old 16th June 2007, 23:55   #102
BHPian

The "crumple zones" thing apart, if one's serious about safety, I guess the only option is the Swift ZXi as nothing guarantees safety in an eventuality like a combo of ABS and dual Airbags.

Interestingly, almost all of us seem to be of the view that ABS/Airbags are an unnecessary luxury, going by the minuscule number of ZXIs and other top-end models on our roads.

@GeekSrik, just curious - have you taken a look at the Fusion? If so, what are your impressions of it? I am contemplating buying my first car and a couple of existing Fusion owners recommend it rather strongly.
Old 17th June 2007, 03:01   #103
BHPian

nice reviews Sithon and Huntrz. I thought I was done with the CAT a few years back and it comes again..

@ BUSA - thanks for the clarification regarding the service interval.

@ EMD - these bumpers you mention are designed in such a way to be unbreakeable if they hit against something at 5Kmph or some such speed. I guess its soimething to do with European regulation on pedestrian safety. Have you lifed and seen the Spark's bonnet. Its heavy.

Overall I felt GM was the better in terms of addressing customer queries etc. (I spotted Chevy people in Sundaram generally observing things). Maruti varied from dealer to dealer. Fiat apart from Prerana didnt fancy the others. But overallthe GM experience was better (even though they has no offers / discounts to give).

Me being a first time buyer woud eihter go for the UVA or the Spark. Stile 1.6 is an exciting but a tough mistress to maintain. UVA spells CLASS. But 4.6 for a base (doesnt this have a tacho??? - oh no!! I was actually tempted to go for the UVA coz of the tacho. I love tachos)

Spark has no tachos but a fun car for a single guy. UVA if you have a family. Cant imagine my dad getting out of a Spark but then in Bangy its just me.. so sparky here I come....
Old 17th June 2007, 08:49   #104
Senior - BHPian

spindoc,

i think you should consider fusion diesel if you liked it. that would be a nice car and easy on pocket. the petrol delivers something like 8-9kmpl which isnt a good proposition at 6.4 lacs ex showroom bangalore!! its too whopping a price to pay. no matter what that car feels like.
Old 17th June 2007, 09:33   #105
BHPian

have a feeling that UVA is a better car among the choices given

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks