Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 13:48   #1
BHPian

Which 10-20L automatic car as a beater?

We are looking for an automatic hatchback or a crossover to replace our 11 year old Nissan Micra. We are currently looking at the Jazz, Kushaq/Taigun 1.0L, i20 n-line and the Nexon EV. I don't think my father would be open to a used car but suggest one anyway.

1. We loved the Kushaq's ventilated seats, do other cars offer it?
2. Would there be a way to remove the red accents from both the interior and exterior in the i20 N Line? i am thinking black wraps, how much would it cost?
3. The Polo GT's rear seats are unbearable. Even though we have a corolla to tour long distances, the rear seats will be frequently used for short trips.
4. Don't like the brand image which the Seltos carries, regardless of the safety rating.
5. Budget is flexible till 25L.
6. I find the Nexon EV to be overpriced for what it is.
7. Not considering MG Astor/ZS/Hector due to Chinese ownership along with digital gimmicks such as AI and voice assistant .

Please suggest a car from above or any car which you think we might meet our concerns.

Note from Support. Please proof read before posting. Typos fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th December 2021 at 23:55. Reason: See note.
peepo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Which 10-20L automatic car as a beater?

Have you test driven the S-Cross? Do test drive it. It is spacious, well-mannered to drive, robust and relatively cheap. Perfect beater car I'd imagine.
IshaanIan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 11:18   #3
BHPian

Re: Which 10-20L automatic car as a beater?

Kushaq/Taigun 1L TC automatic would be a great buy for your requirements. Having test driven both the 1L TC and the 1.5 DSG, I can easily say don't go by the 1000cc engine in number, please test drive it once. The TC is no DSG but it feels very smooth and enthusiastic when compared to the CVTs you can find in the Jazz/MG Astor(1.5 NA).

1L Topline or Style auto both get 6 airbags, ventilated seats, TPMS and other safety features which should be available for a car considering safety in mind. Build quality is not typical VAG but still feels better than what the competition has to offer. Ingress and Egress would also be easier in these compared to i20 Nline or Jazz which would be appreciated by elderly people.

The NLine has stiff suspension compared to the normal one so do test drive once to check on the comfort part as it would thud every single pothole when compared to VAG twins which have a perfect balance between ride and handling.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 19th December 2021 at 11:20.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 18:49   #4
BHPian

Ah yet another buyer's dilemma for the sub 25L automatic.. if i could have a penny for every thread I have read on this..

Suggestions are

Taigun 1.0 - preferred over Kushaq since i felt it has better fit and finish and a slightly better tune. Wife hates the roof liner and the plastic quality though. She is spoilt by my 2014 GT TDI.

Jeep base variants - Sport can be considered but yes it will lack the features. Other models are a stretch.

Honda City - this is where people end up if a sedan is even considered. NA engine is a star.

Creta - well the king of SUVs i suppose - Has ventilated seats. If you like its looks and can wait for 6 months, nothing really beats its features and practicality. Diesel AT is just adequately powered though.

If it is any consolation, I am in the market with the same price bracket and equally confused! I am a diesel head thinking of even going for a Turbo Petrol now lol.
Saint_Krish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 19:05   #5
BHPian

Based on your requirements I think Taigun is very good. I would also suggest you look for VW T-Roc. It's a very good petrol car that comes with loads of features.
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 19:19   #6
BHPian

An update:

Booked the Kushaq 1.0L style in dark silver/grey color. Will buy a faster car such as the mini or a 330i few years down the line.

Thank you all for the help.
peepo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks