Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 00:01   #16

I am planning on getting a used car and a getz is on my radar, however with conflicting reports of mileage am not too sure..If i can get above 11kmpl in Bangalore traffic i should be happy..thank thats possible with the 1.3??
Old 28th April 2009, 15:24   #17
BHPian

with 1.3, 11KMPL is virtually impossible in Bangalore roads.

Be prepared for <10KMPL. (read similar threads)

Better go for 1.1.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:48   #18
BHPian

Have had the 1.3 Getz GLS for 4 years now - reliable to give 10 kmpl - not more not less - of course this is in Chennai. Used Getz cars have been showing up in Chennai (2005) models for around 2.5 lakhs onwards.
Old 29th April 2009, 22:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the UV-A is a good option. Once production stops, you'll have a problem with spares like all GM products. The Getz will also be phased out soon. But the spares situation is better with Hyundai. You can stiil get the first gen santro spares easily. Why don't you go in for the i20?
Old 4th May 2009, 11:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have not got a mileage below 10. It is always in the range of 10 to 12 with usage of AC, 100% bangalore city driving. My office is close to M.G Road.

Getz is a very practical car with space, comfort, ergonomics and refinement. You would miss the power of Swift, but the low end torque makes it a better city car. The car has not given me any problem in the last 2 years.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have not got a mileage below 10. It is always in the range of 10 to 12 with usage of AC, 100% bangalore city driving. My office is close to M.G Road.

Getz is a very practical car with space, comfort, ergonomics and refinement. You would miss the power of Swift, but the low end torque makes it a better city car. The car has not given me any problem in the last 2 years.
+1 to that, my Getz GLS gives me 11 kms/ltr in Bangalore with intermittent use of A/C. Only downside is the the lack of power as others have mentioned.

Getz owners: Any solutions to the above problem without burning a hole in your pocket?

Patiencewins have you changed to synthetic oil, K&N, plugs as said in your previous post? If so what is the difference.

thanks,
Raihan

Last edited by raihan : 4th May 2009 at 12:06.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanverdes1 View Post
I am planning on getting a used car and a getz is on my radar, however with conflicting reports of mileage am not too sure..If i can get above 11kmpl in Bangalore traffic i should be happy..thank thats possible with the 1.3??
My Getz prime 1.3 odo now shows little more than 13000km in liitle less than 2 years in Pune city. My drive is 90% in city limits with a/c on most of the time. The worst mileage I have got is 10.7 km/lit. After 4th service now, I am consistently getting between 12 and 12.5 km/lit. I drive myself and use normal unleaded petrol.

I have test driven recently UVA and Vista saffire (petrol) for my friend. I did not like the feel of Vista saffire petrol, brakes are pretty hard. Between Getz and UVA, both are good looking hatches. But Getz is more refined and powerful with a wonderful gear shift. You should go for UVA only if you need that little extra space that UVA offers over Getz.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

close your eyes and buy Getz prime.

just test drive U-va and you will never sit in that car !!
Old 4th May 2009, 14:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
just test drive U-va and you will never sit in that car !!
Whats so bad about it. I think other than the somewhat bad gearshift, rest is ok?
Old 4th May 2009, 14:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
.......just test drive U-va and you will never sit in that car !!
I don't agree with you there. The UVa is a reliable car with plenty of good points. Braking, handling and build quality are all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdefacto View Post
......Which Car to Buy : Getz 1.3 GLS or Chevy UVA. Which is better on mileage. Does UVA has problems on highways and while overtaking esp on overbridge due to its relatively smaller engine.????.....
The UVa is likely to give better FE than the Getz 1.3. It won't give you "problems" on highways, or while overtaking if you know its limits, but the Getz does have more power.
Old 4th May 2009, 14:54   #26
BHPian

I agree. I have been a UVA owner for close to an year now. Although it might feel 'heavy' (and it is heavy) while accelerating, I have never felt that the power is inadequate. In fact, I find it to be a wonderful highway drive - spacious, comfortable, powerful AC, enough power on the tap to overtake if I need to (once you know the response, you know how to plan overtakes). I've driven it at 150+ kmph with 2 people and regularly drive at 120-130 with 4 people. Roads in our country make me uncomfortable if I try to go above 150!

I average around 13+ kmpl in the city with AC and have clocked 18+ kmpl on my highway drives. Regular highway drives (with AC and some sprints) average at 15+ kmpl.

I have a stock replacement K&N, Mobil1 synthetic and Iridium spark plugs. I run normal unleaded with System G.

Last edited by the_maassk : 4th May 2009 at 14:59.
Old 4th May 2009, 15:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
..............I've driven it at 150+ kmph with 2 people and regularly drive at 120-130 with 4 people.........
150? Didn't realise it was capable of that speed. The max I have ever gone to is 120 and it was straining a bit by then. But it still felt fairly stable for that speed.

Last edited by straightdrive : 4th May 2009 at 15:19. Reason: Addition
Old 4th May 2009, 15:29   #28
BHPian

I own a Getz Prime 1.3 for 1 year now. I get an average of 12-12.5 kmpl in Bangalore with 50% AC. It has good pickup and loads of space. I service my vehicle at the Whitefield service station and they are quite good and courteous.
Old 4th May 2009, 15:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Both these cars are good and has similar characters like driving,space,efficiency etc.I dont think a 0-100 dash with one getting an adv of 1 sec over the other would be that serious a matter for every day owner.Setting apart all those small simple things i would vote for the getz prime.The only reason which force me on to it would be a better resale and lower maintenence of a hyundai when compared to the chevy.
cheers
ram
Old 4th May 2009, 15:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
150? Didn't realise it was capable of that speed. The max I have ever gone to is 120 and it was straining a bit by then. But it still felt fairly stable for that speed.
Sure is capable of those speed and still feels planted. I've tried high speeds with some other hatches (no names here) and they feel 'light' at high speeds. Do not give me enough confidence

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks