Team-BHP - Which is better Getz Prime 1.3 or Aveo UVA
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Which is better Getz Prime 1.3 or Aveo UVA (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/24839-better-getz-prime-1-3-aveo-uva.html)

Please advise - Which Car to Buy : Getz 1.3 GLS or Chevy UVA. Which is better on mileage.
Does UVA has problems on highways and while overtaking esp on overbridge due to its relatively smaller engine.????
Swift is ruled out as i do not like the shape.

You have not mentioned your requirement in terms of car.... but getting on to your words... i suggest you to go for GETZ prime. Over all Performer.

UVA is VFM... infact GM products are more on value side rather then outstanding performers.

Now what i wrote is my personal opinion.lol:

in terms of mileage they are almost equal,but getz is more powerful than u-va.
and about u-va yes you feel the lack of power in it for urgent overtaking and that is because of that small engine for a car of this size.its actualy a city car and not so good for highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdefacto (Post 459507)
Please advise - Which Car to Buy : Getz 1.3 GLS or Chevy UVA. Which is better on mileage.
Does UVA has problems on highways and while overtaking esp on overbridge due to its relatively smaller engine.????

1. Whats your requirement?? like comfort/power/space??
2. What's your budget?

Why dont u consider the Chevy Spark ? Looks beautiful ..
Pls go through all the test drive reports posted here

I think you will be better off with the Getz Prime 1.3, though the on road prices are a bit steep.

It's very refined, it's got decent power, and never ever breaks down.
I have not faced a single complaint in the 2 and a half years that i have owned one.

Mileage wise, i can tell u that in city driving you need expect not more than 11KMPL with AC, and on highways you can stretch the litre to around 16 with intermittent use of the AC

Thanks
Sidharth

in terms of looks UVA is more refreshing, since its fairly new and a handful around, the prime is just cosmetically diff from the earlier getz..but engine wise more power than the UVA which is what you prefer for highway runs,the resale value would also probably be more on the Getz..i guess its the getz prime in that case

Well requirements are -
- A drive of around 500-600 KM per month in city (Hyderabad)
- Good A/C
- Reasonable mileage
Plan to keet the care for 3-4 years and then go for bigger car.
Heard Getz sometimes give as low as 8-9 KMPL? is this true.

On reading test drive report for UVA on teambhp, i did not find any concern abt overtaking etc. is the 1.2 engine suffice for UVA.

Frankly you might wanna ditch both and get a Swift ZXi unless you really need that extra space. You get better FE, better features and a more powerful engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdefacto (Post 459507)

Will u be driving urself? have u taken a Swift TD? i didn't like the Swift shape too... but one TD and i was sold on the sheer difference in the driving experience, far far better than either the Getz or the Uva.

If u're hiring a driver, IMO both Getz and U-va are better than the Swift in terms of rear legspace and ride quality... actually, i feel U-va has slightly better interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdefacto (Post 460792)
Well requirements are -

It is possible for a "commited" driver to make any car give mileage far below its average. :) This is highly dependent on factors like driving style, road condition, load etc.

I have driven Getz (older version) for considerable distances and found it to give an average between 11-15 in all conditions.

Yep, i will drive myself.
Swift i really really dont like the shape. Swift Diesel with mileage of 18 KMPL did appeal to me, but has a waiting period of 4-6 months in hyderabad.Swift petrol has almost the same mileage as Getz/UVA.

The U-VA should be a better VFM proposition than any 1.3L Getz

Hi,

Have you taken a TD? Which did you find better. As far as FE is concerned, you're right the Getz sometimes gives 9-9.5 KMPL. But it improves after the 3rd service to somewhere around 10.5 with AC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdefacto (Post 460792)
Well requirements are -
- A drive of around 500-600 KM per month in city (Hyderabad)
- Good A/C
- Reasonable mileage
Plan to keet the care for 3-4 years and then go for bigger car.

On reading test drive report for UVA on teambhp, i did not find any concern abt overtaking etc. is the 1.2 engine suffice for UVA.

I bought Getz prime GLX version (ABS+Alloys) 2 weeks back. Clocked 350 kms.
I was contemplating Getz and Swift. Driver in me was for Swift because of the thrill it gives. But I am 6 2 tall and do weekend drives with family of 5. Dont like the shape of Swift.

Getz

Pro: Space, Very refined engine, Good ride and handling, Good AC.
Cons: Pricey, Not peppy, not adequate under thigh support for my height.

Getz has more than adequate power. Getz is a very good car for city driving and highway. You can attain top speed of 160 on highways.
Go for swift if you want the adrenaline rush.

Did not consider or TD UVA as Chevy is yet to prove its case in india.Do not prefer american cars.

Happy Motoring...

UVA was not an option. Yet to prove in india.

Fuel efficiency depends on the way you treat the car, especially during run in period. I am resisting the urge to push throttle as run in period is very imp for the car parts to settle down . I am keeping the car below 2k rpm and have not taken her beyond 90kph as advised by the user manual. I am easily getting 10 to 11 kmpl with AC ON all the time. The mileage should improve after first service. Planning to change to synthetic oil, K&N and iridium plugs.

Team BHP article on how to treat car during run in has been useful. The article recommends changing oil and filter during first service. Hyundai does not recommend changing oil and filter during first service (1500kms). Should I change oil during first service as I read on internet that new cars come with some special oil which is good for the car?