Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Retain or Sell off a 13 year old Suzuki Swift Dzire
Sell Dzire, pick up an AMT Tata Tiago XTA petrol Immediatly 14 18.67%
Sell Dzire immediately, stick with 1 car till a B1 segment BEV is launched. 3 4.00%
Sell Dzire a year or 2 later after a B1 segment BEV is launched 10 13.33%
Retain Dzire for 4-5 years, pick up a BEV when more options are available. 48 64.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Keep or sell a 13-year old Maruti Dzire

Gen 1 Dzire was very well built, so its always advisable to keep 13 year old car if its not giving any trouble. I am sure that even at that age your car must be well maintained and glitch free, so it would be prudent to use it as it is for as long as you can.

In order for you to feel good about the car, apart from things planned by you also get seat covers changed to good ones. If possible get the door trims upgraded to better looking ones. Replace the steering wheel with new dzire if its a direct fit. Change your gear knob. The list is endless
This will keep you interested in your old car and you will appreciate the service it will give.

Last edited by silverado : 22nd March 2022 at 16:16.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
My 2 cents:
1. Dzire is costing you nothing. Fill it, forget it type.

2. The thought of new car and emerging situations in future stems from the excellent resale that you are getting.

3. Unless absolutely necessary or your dad wanting to move to a smaller auto hatch immediately post his retirement, I will go with Dzire being the beater car and Ciaz doing highway duties.

4. If the urge is to go for auto gearbox for a new car, revisit the idea of AMTs. Don't get me wrong but how many cars have you seen with similar mileage as your Dzire.

5. Purely from a diversification and future garage perspective along with resulting cash flows for a new car, I will strongly vouch for Dzire getting replaced by an EV down the line. This may be a good time to start accumulating funds for the new EV and make it a financial goal.

Dzire is costing you virtually nothing and the closest replacement for achieving the same result is EV. For all the brickbats showered on Maruti and rightly so, their engines are absolutely top of the pack when it comes to reliability.
Fully agree with the above points. It is not easy to get a good car with good engine and satisfying most parameters. I have 18 year old Baleno sedan and can vouch for the longer period retention.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:56   #18
BHPian

I had a '08 dzire diesel that I had to sell just because of the 10 year NCR rule. at 1.3L KM it was going strong, although acceleration had become slightly sluggish.

I have a beat '09 petrol that I plan to retain till the end since the car is serving perfectly as a beater car. It has only asked for AC repair twice due to leaks.

I would ask you to retain your car for as long as possible. A new car would set you back by at least INR 10L, plus your insurance would also go up.

Unless you have the itch for a new car, you are better off spending on the refurbishment of the dzire.
Ravi Parwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 04:49   #19
BHPian

Hi Jessierider,

In your place, I would get rid of the Dzire and go for the Tiago.

If you look at the recent sales pattern, compact sedans are already out of favour, be it dzire, tigor, ameo, amaze, aspire or what have you. And these are the refreshed ones, mind you! New Amaze and Dzire being MUCH better looking. Compact SUVs have taken over.

You have a 13year old Dzire with nearly 1.6L odo. And you are getting married shortly. You may wish to have a newer and much safer ride. Do heed your own hesitation for highway rides in the Dzire.

You have received some excellent offers for your ride as current market is a sellers market. Leverage this now because it would be gone soon.

Best,
GreenerPlanet
GreenerPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks