Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 21:33   #1
BANNED

MATIZ SG 2000 -68k KM- PS/AC- Rate this car plz.

I have seen a MATIZ SG 2000 which has done 68000 KM. Has PS/AC and vehicle looks clean and good driving. the owner ( first) says that -Recently- it has been fitted with clutch plate/clutch plate cover assembly/fly wheel/fly wheel bearing/clutch cable/silencer assembly/engine oil and gear lever cable. Has a small dent on the dickey which i feel ok to drive with. Owner is expecting 1 lakh . Carwale.com VALUES it 93500( excellent condition) and 89200 for good condition . What do u guys feel about the pricing? I also need to add LPG latter in Chennai ( any suggestion for LPG kit most welcome) I’m also getting mixed response in going for a Matiz..so pl place your valuable suggestion. TIA.
Old 14th June 2007, 08:17   #2

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

in 1lac you can get a zen/palio/wagonr/maruti800/alto in good condition.why would would you want to opt for a matiz.it has stopped being manufactured,parts are hard to come by and in case of any accident,damage to the engine its very difficult to source the replacement parts.
I WOULD STRICTLY ADVISE YOU TO LOOK AT OTHER ALTERNATIVES.
Old 14th June 2007, 08:48   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
I WOULD STRICTLY ADVISE YOU TO LOOK AT OTHER ALTERNATIVES.
i would second that.

I guess an used Alto will be a better bet for sure, since you also want to add LPG.
Old 14th June 2007, 08:48   #4
BHPian

Matiz is being relaunched as Spark. So I do not foresee any more shortage of spares, though the engines are different. If you are getting a good car, i feel you should consider that. Anything between 80,000 to 90,000 is a good price.
Old 14th June 2007, 09:13   #5
BANNED

you mentioned " 1lac you can get a zen/palio/wagonr/maruti800/alto."
can u pl refer any OFFER "in line " with your post. i mean i have not seen any good offer for used ALTLO less than 1.80 & zen about 1.5 Lakh. thanks.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:38   #6
BHPian

@shapath

Agree with you. I was hunting for an used Zen but could not find anything less than 2 Lacs. 2001-2002 Zens were being quoted at 2 Lacs here in Bangalore.
Old 14th June 2007, 12:32   #7

You can go for Matiz. I have been a proud owner from July-1999. I am selling the same for Rs.1.00 LK (SE) because I want to upgrade to bigger car, not for any trouble in finding spare parts near Delhi.
Old 14th June 2007, 12:39   #8
BHPian

yup within 1 lac u would get a 98 model or so. My friend purchased a 2003 santro for 2.6 lacs..
shapath, i seriously would not suggest you to buy a matiz.

@abhilashvk
is spark the newer version of matiz? where u got info bout that.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:05   #9
BHPian

Mainak, Spark is the relaunched version of Matiz after GM took over Daewoo. It was launched in other markets much before. However the spark has 1 Litre engine where as matiz had 0.8 Litre one.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Mainak, Spark is the relaunched version of Matiz after GM took over Daewoo. It was launched in other markets much before. However the spark has 1 Litre engine where as matiz had 0.8 Litre one.
And 4 cycliders as compared to the Matiz which has 3.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:04   #11
BHPian

oh ok abhilash..
didnt know about it..
Old 14th June 2007, 19:54   #12
BHPian

Shapath the price hellspawn quoted is quite belivable except for alto as we get a zen(2000) /palio(2001) /santro(2000) b/w 1-1.25 lakhs here in Delhi.. The used cars are costly in other states..

Regarding the Matiz i think you should go for it as the spark is launched and you wont get troubles finding spares except the ones like the headlight and taillight assembly and parts which have been upgraded...
Old 15th June 2007, 11:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

See shapath it is like this IMO. The Matiz is a car that vanished years back from the new cars market. Now there are following things to consider,

* A 7 years old car as it is has lost most of its resell value.
* On top of that we are talking of a car whose manufacturer is also not existing any more (forget the model). That reduces its value even further.
* It will be at a stage where it will need frequent attention by the mechs. Everyday something or the other will require some attention. Its true for any used car this old.
* In this case you will find that spares are difficult to come by. As in either you will have to source them from chor-bazaars (if it is a major part) or else it will always be manufactured by some small time manufacturer for whom 'quality' means a nought. In other words frequent breakdown of the replaced parts. Another thing the mechs do is to adapt the parts of a different car (say M800) to work with your car. Not a very happy situation you see?

I am not saying that all of these will necessarily happen but the chances of these things happening is very bright. So think and decide. IMO any other running model in a reasonably good condition at around the same price price will be a far better bet.

May I suggest you a M800 of around same vintage? You should get a 7-8 years old M800 with around 70000 on the odo for around 70k-80k max. It will be a far better idea to go for some such deal and be at peace. If you can stretch your budget a little more you can get a Zen or WagonR of same model year and approx same kms clocked for around 1.25-1.35 lacs.
Old 15th June 2007, 11:42   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
Regarding the Matiz i think you should go for it as the spark is launched and you wont get troubles finding spares except the ones like the headlight and taillight assembly and parts which have been upgraded...
I would disagree. Spark and Matiz doesn't seem to share many components. Atleast, they don't share the same engine
Old 15th June 2007, 13:44   #15
BHPian

i know they dont share many components thats why i stressed on "except the ones like the headlight and taillight assembly and parts which have been upgraded..."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks