Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 14:56   #1
BHPian

Manipal Motors bng offer for Palio Stile 1.1

Friends need help. Any inputs provided would be of great help to me as I am planning to finalize the deal by this weekend.

After talking to the sales person at manipal motors. The below is the offer given for making the full payment.

1. Rs. 4000 - corporate discount
2. Rs 4500 - for 18 months extended warranty. this will be given for free. so told me I could consider this as the cash discount
3. Basic accessories - foot mats, mud mats, dicky mats, perfume Idol, steering grip
4. sunfilm
5. Kenwood music system with 2 speakers and Central Locking
OR
Blaupunkt MAUI with two speakers but this is without Central Locking

Please tell me if this is a good deal or I can think of negotiating more with the dealer.
Old 15th June 2007, 15:55   #2
BHPian

Are you getting all these accessories in the On Road Price for making complete payment in cash??
Old 15th June 2007, 16:18   #3
BHPian

Hi Firebird,

Yes. I am planning to go for stile 1.1 SLX and on-road price is 4.57L. I would be getting all these accessories plus a cash discount of 8K which means stile 1.1 on road around 4.5L with the above mentioned accessories
Old 16th June 2007, 10:25   #4
BHPian

hi ravikn,

Check out if the option of buying the car on loan and availing the low roi. 7.99% only. Take only basic accesories from the dealer and other things such as Music Player and speakers buy it outside.

There's also in Advt. in yesterday's ToI which says 22K off. Ask them about that?

btw, i thought central locking is coming with the car itself?
Old 16th June 2007, 13:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Friends need help. Any inputs provided would be of great help to me as I am planning to finalize the deal by this weekend.

After talking to the sales person at manipal motors. The below is the offer given for making the full payment.

1. Rs. 4000 - corporate discount
2. Rs 4500 - for 18 months extended warranty. this will be given for free. so told me I could consider this as the cash discount
3. Basic accessories - foot mats, mud mats, dicky mats, perfume Idol, steering grip
4. sunfilm
5. Kenwood music system with 2 speakers and Central Locking
OR
Blaupunkt MAUI with two speakers but this is without Central Locking

Please tell me if this is a good deal or I can think of negotiating more with the dealer.
My take on it (if i go for a palio or for that any car) - is to not take too many accessories from the dealer. From this forum i understand most of these things are available for much less outside the dealer in the market.
So if i were you, i would not take the blaupunkt and fit something later on. (ok this means u have to take some more effort and do an ICE research but maybe worth it..)
Btw - By Central locking i think they mean "Autocop" - which means keyless entry+central locking. But palio and most cars come with central locking but its manual. So if you want that Kyuk-kyik sounding keyless entry go for it. fiat does not provide keyless entry on the palio AFAIK

HTH
Old 18th June 2007, 18:43   #6
BHPian

Hi Ravi, my suggestion would be for you to check out with concord as well as prerana and then let them bid and go for the best bidder who gives you more cash discount and also accessories. That's what i did and now am getting a good deal on my safari dicor. don't ever just make the purchase just by speaking to one dealer. My deal started with 22k of cash discount and then went upto 30k of cash discount and quite a lot of accessories, here i am not talking about basic accessories like floor mats, but other ones. Also one thing you need to look in is the EMI amount if you are going in for loan and not for the interest rate. Just check these...babu
Old 22nd June 2007, 23:15   #7
BHPian

is stile 1.1 engine being reworked from FIAT Engg team?

Thanks a lot for your replies Friends,

sorry was away from TBHP for couple of days due to work. Yep, could not progress much this week on buying this car as I read in one of threads that the FIAT have gone back to the drawing board and the new 1.1 engine with 16 valves will be out in couple of months.

Respected Gurus,
Could you please help in explaining the technical terms behind these valves per cylinder concept. and will 2valve/cylinder be better in FE than 2valve/cylinder.

Please help
Old 29th June 2007, 15:12   #8
BHPian

Manipal offer for 1.6

Am planning to go for the 1.6 version.
5.05 onraod.
Insurance waiver as per corp discount.
sunfilm
remote locking system(no autocop)

I am taking finance, after much haggling they are stuck at 12.25 % reducing.

Your take on the offer.
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:18   #9
BHPian

Hey sqwall,

was out of station this weekend. I think the interest rate if bit high if you have the corp scheme. as I understood, it is between 11.25-11.50%. I also saw in one Hyundai thread that the guy has got it at 8.5-9.0% with one Pre EMI. urge the dealer to provide all the basic accessories(mat sets etc.)
I think you can still bargain more

Hope this helps
Old 7th July 2007, 20:47   #10
BHPian

Thanks.
Will keep it in mind.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:54   #11
BHPian

suggest

Is the palio stile slx good as a first car, i am deeply worried about the A.S.S by tata. Are they good enough, which dealer ??

One of my friend works at manipal service on ring road (hebbal), according to him spares avilability is a big problem

My first option is stile, next comes the zing, which is better???
Please suggest
Old 10th August 2007, 17:01   #12
BANNED

Junky,

Xing is better for as itwill be your first car over the Palio ! Why dont you explore othet option also ?

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 10th August 2007, 17:02   #13
BANNED

Why dont you explore othet option also ?

Junky,

Xing is better for as itwill be your first car over the Palio ! Why dont you explore othet option also ?

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 10th August 2007, 17:16   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
and will 2valve/cylinder be better in FE than 2valve/cylinder.

2 valves/cylinder will work the same as 2 valves/cylinder. While 4 valves/ cylinder will make the engine more accomplished with the ability of better control over emission and ability to provide a higher power.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:26   #15
BHPian

On road price for 1.6 in tvpm is 4.44 lakhs. So there is no need to go for a stile 1.1 slx at 4.5 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks