Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 13:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

As you have given only two choices, my suggestion would be Go for Swift....It is a Maruti and A.S.S is good. Ford's A.S.S sucks. You can find may threads in this forum and how the Ford's dealers behave with customers. Moreover, the resale value is also better with Maruti.....
Old 17th September 2007, 14:33   #32
BHPian

Swift vs Fusion - Fun to drive car - which one?

Looking for a fun to drive car that can do a fast 0-60 and 0-100 (sub 10-12 seconds) costing less than 7 lakhs. Never liked the low slung, poor ground clearance, large bodied sedans. Which of the two - Maruti Swift or Ford Fusion - is the better one? Or is there some other car that fits the bill?

Mod's Note: Please search for an existing thread on the subject to post your query. Opening threads on the same subject again and again is meaningless.

Threads merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 17th September 2007 at 15:25. Reason: Threads merged and note inserted.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:57   #33
BHPian

IMO, the only reason we are comparing a Swift to Fusion is because both are without an external boot.
Otherwise in every other aspect Fusion is in a different league. It should be compared with SX4 and its likes rather than Swift/Getz stuff.

Everything from Engine, Build, Handling, Power, Space is in the next league.
Especially its around twice as big as the Swift internally.
As for ABS, even NHC Gxi doesnt have it, does that mean we compare it to Swift ??
Yes it has harder suspension than average sedans and thats deliberate to improve its handling and to make it a Go-anywhere car.

To me it allows me to have the elegance of Cars as well as the ruggedness of SUV/MUV and it looks much better than a Fabia.

But you need to get out of the Boot fixation to be able appreciate what Fusion brings in, in comparison to other smaller hatches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks