Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2007, 11:34   #1

Ford Fusion or SWIFT

Hello,

I am planning to buy a car and the budget is restriceted to 5.5 lacs.
Fusion looks VFM and SWIFT is proven good car.

I am inclined towards Fusion and look forward to this forum for advice.
The ground clearance, engine, BHP, spacing, features are better in fusion.

Need inputs

Thanks in advance
Raj
Old 16th June 2007, 17:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

i own a swift but will recommend fusion since you are looking at only petrol, its sweet and that 1.6 liter engine is too good, had only some city driving experience on my cousins car in cochin but still i liked the car.

having said that you should be ready to accept bad resale also
Old 16th June 2007, 17:48   #3
BHPian

I am also considering the same, but I am assuming you are looking at the Swift ZXi trim?
There are no safety and comfort features in the Ford. No Airbags, ABS, Climate control. Are you willing to give up those features?
Old 16th June 2007, 18:03   #4
BHPian

no doubt fusion is a good MUV nice drive engine refinement is pretty good powerful and spacious.

Fusion diesal is on the way in case diesal attracts you and your budget can be streched a bit, price wise i am not sure.
Old 16th June 2007, 18:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

doesnt fusion cost around 6 ? i remember the otr was 6.4 in chennai last time i checked
Old 16th June 2007, 18:12   #6
BHPian

i guess Raj has quoted ex-showroom price.
Old 16th June 2007, 18:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

The fusion has a better driving experience than the swift petrol..Its my personal experience..But the swift commands a better resale value and is cheaper to own and customise than the fusion..

The Fusion also comes with ABS etc..in a variant amed Fusion + .. Check it out..and you can bargain for the car..
Old 16th June 2007, 18:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend a swift as the car has a alot of features the fusion doesn't have

the fusion would be expensive to maintain and run as the FE is more in the case of swift

and personally i find the swift better and the engine the 1.3 engine is a proven engine over the years and spares and service is easily but that is not in the case of the fusion

TD both the cars and then decide
Old 16th June 2007, 19:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Fusion also comes with ABS etc..in a variant amed Fusion + .. Check it out..and you can bargain for the car..

I can't find that version anymore on the Ford India website. I was under the impression they have discontinued that version? It's only Fusion standard now. No other variants.
Old 16th June 2007, 22:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I can't find that version anymore on the Ford India website. I was under the impression they have discontinued that version? It's only Fusion standard now. No other variants.

You are right Raja Fusion has now only one variant.
Old 16th June 2007, 22:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshwagh View Post
Hello,
Raj, as you rightly pointed out, specs of Fusion is far impressive than Swift's.

Swift scores on the Maruti A**.
Check Ford A** in Gurgaon / Delhi, if it is decent, go for the Fusion!
Old 16th June 2007, 23:43   #12
BHPian

@Raj, A friend of mine has a Fusion and he says it gives him FE of ~ 11 in b'lore city. He got it around a year back and has no complaints with it, except that the suspension is a bit hard. He has done a few long trips and is floored by the performance, handling and the vehicle's aggressive and tall stance. A lorry rammed into his car recently from behind and the car was badly damaged but the damage hadn't propagated into the rear seat area (there was no one sitting at the rear at the time though).

So, unless you are considering a Swift ZXi (with ABS and airbags), the Fusion is as safe, if not safer.

On the features front, the Fusion definitely scores over the Swift. The 1.6 Duratec engine is definitely reliable and refined. The car comes with 195R15 tubeless tyres, a lot of thoughtful features (stowage areas, split folding rear seats, good interiors and intelligent electronics) and is great VFM IMHO.

The OTR is around 6.3 i think, but with discounts and freebies thrown in, it may be had for lesser.

Resale value is not Ford's cuppa though - I checked out a 1.25 year old well maintained Fusion+ recently and the dealer was quoting 4.3L (negotiable).

The Swift is one of the best cars in its segment from a vfm and ownership POV. But, if you like the Fusion and aren't looking at ABS+Airbags, go for it.

And, do see this comparo b/w the Fusion, SRV and Viva by TopGear if you haven't already:
Indiacar.com - Shoot out By TopGear Ford Fusion vs Chevrolet SRV vs Hyundai Accent Viva
Old 18th June 2007, 09:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

rajesh: If you are looking for a car with lots (spealt with a real big L O T S) of space (for 4 of course!!), a really powerful engine that delivers power in an excellent manner, with a really cool ground clearance that not many others match, good looking interiors, many cool features, and value for money combined with a good F.E figure of almost 14-15 on hghways (under 100km.h) and about 10-11 in city (with sedate driving) go for the Fusion. The Downside here would be that you wuld miss the airbags and ABS. But the Braking is good wnough that i dont thinkyou would ever miss the ABS on the Indian Roads. But one major concern here would be the ride comfort at low speeds which really bad.

If you are looking for a car that everyone is buying, something that is safer to own (in term sof service centres, spare parts etc.), and you dont mind the cramped ALL BLACK interiors, like the exterior design, then go for the swift. the higher end version gives you some extra safety features too but i would call it a premium price. However the ownership experience of a maruti is supposed to be really good.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshwagh View Post
Hello,
I am planning to buy a car and the budget is restriceted to 5.5 lacs.
Fusion looks VFM and SWIFT is proven good car.
Raj
If space is the priotity then it has to be FUSION,else go for swift ZXI.
Old 18th June 2007, 11:55   #15
BHPian

Personally I love the Fusion. I love the fat chubby tyres, excellent ground clearance, the shape and the peppy engine. However it loses over Swift on the high maintenance costs, low mileage (when i was buying a car 2007 begining, I had shortlisted and even booked the car, I was told that car returns 9 to 11 Km in Bangalore city)and resale value. Swift scores in the security aspect (ZXi), resale value and mileage. Fusion comes in a standard trim without alloys and ABS. Has a standrad price of 5.7 L ex-showroom throughout India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks