Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 20:03   #46
BHPian

Re: Automatic hatchback for a 3 women + 1 dog family

Just pick the Honda Jazz CVT - superb car and correctly fits the stated requirements. As a current owner, i'm quite happy with the experience and can easily recommend it.

Good luck!
VikramCS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:07   #47
BHPian

I would suggest to have safety as top priority and hence no Korean twins. My suggestions as follows
1) Nissan Magnite - Super smooth CVT and adequately powered engine. Good cabin space considering the size. Only downsides are few niggles and Nissan's service center.
2) Honda Jazz - One of the most reliable car. 4 start safety ratings as well. Even more spacious than some of the sub 4 meter sedans Only downside is it's just too plain.
3) Tata Nexon - Solid build quality with 5 star ratings. Overall a great car. Negative aspects are AMT, fit and finish consistency.
CommitTran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 14:35   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Given the need state and usage pattern, the ideal car would be one with an Automatic gearbox, preferably a smooth CVT, and which has a decent amount of comfort and space for three adults and a dog and their luggage when on out station travel and yet carries a small footprint.
From all the cars listed on this thread, clearly the majority opinion is in favour of the Jazz.

And I will add my vote to the Jazz as well because it is simply an excellent practical vehicle and perfect for the usage pattern described.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 15:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
If I were them, I'd go with the Jazz CVT. Peace of mind long term ownership, can be tended to at any FNG should Honda close down, and a super easy car to drive.

I'll also throw the new Baleno into the mix, if they're okay with an AGS (AMT).
Took a test drive with AGS, Its jerky and not recommended.
But for people soft on throttle It is perhaps the best car in the segment.

PS: safety ratings unknown??
RaviCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 00:30   #50
BHPian

Having switched to Baleno CVT 4 yrs back for Bangalore city driving instead of a Honda Jazz CVT my pick shall be a Honda Amaze CVT as Baleno is now AMT in 2022 model

Checkout Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Automatic, i20 Automatic and Aura automatic also

However if ladies are CSUV fans then Nissan Magnite CVT and Renault Kiger CVT are best options better than Kia Sonet and Hyundai Venue
amarprusty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 12:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

If they haven't finalised a car yet, maybe they can go TD a Renault Triber too.

For a large dog, the boot space, with the third row removed, will be a plenty.

The car comes with AMT transmission and at Four stars Global NCAP rating and 4 airbags, is safe too.

Triber AMT price range starts from 7.7 lakh to 8.5 lakhs ex.showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Automatic hatchback for a 3 women + 1 dog family-renaulttriberinterior3f04a.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 12:48   #52
Senior - BHPian

A car being used by a grandmother, mother, daughter and a dog means they need a vehicle with absolute peace of mind (as good as it gets) and ease of use. Any Tata vehicle just doesn’t cut it for this use case.

Please recommend ONLY the Jazz CVT to them, forget the Tata. They will thank you for it.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 05:50   #53
Team-BHP Support

Seeing the use case etc, its Jazz without a doubt for the same reasons many have summed up well.

Advantage Jazz:
# Easy, breezy to drive;
# Reliable CVT tech vis a vis a Tata DCT;
# Predictable and reliable ownership experience for a 7-10 year tenure;
# Even if its dated, it’ll have comfortable support for the usage time horizon.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th July 2022 at 17:08. Reason: Incorrect punctuation fixed.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 09:57   #54
BHPian

Hi, appending my last entry,

Baleno 2022 AGS - Poor Transmission, If light footed or can go manual, seems the best in the Sub-4 Hatchback. The weight has increased and added safety features and hill hold this should be good car. Seems the most spacious too.

Altoz DCT- I took a TD, this does not have a turbo engine and with 5 seated the car felt underpowered. the transmission is no poorer or same than Baleno. Also the visibility is average, The rear view mirror are just adequate or less than adequate. the car feels compact. Also strangely ( some one else can add to this) the seating and steering didn't feel aligned , the steering being a little left like a cm. With added famous TATA hassles it might be too much.

CSUVS or so-

Triber - A 4 star GNCAP with unstable body shell integrity. I sat inside didn't drive. There was too less a space for the left idle foot, maybe one gets used to it. It comes at a good price point, but seems less spacious than Baleno IMHO. Also Cost cutting seemed Apparent In a lot of portions. Plastic quality left a lot to desire.

Magnite CVT- All feels good about the car but it being Nissan and interior plastic Quality. Nissan means that you don't know where will you find your service and parts if the company decides to leave. Too much to entrust IMHO.

Jazz- Its a great car if you can make peace with two things. first Poor looks and features and Second an Out going Car. I would never suggest and outgoing car to anyone. If you can get Or are willing to get a pre-worshipped one (all on cash as financially it does not make sense to get a loan on pre-owned cars in the current market) then it just might be the right choice.

Brezza AT 2022- The negatives first- Not in the approved budget, everything else checks out. Good Visibility, easy service and maintenance. good ergonomics, Decent ingress egress, Decent space. Good safety (Last iteration was 4), It clearly offers the best engine and transmission, safety and vision in all the sub 4 cars around. My recommendation. Yes It will cost more but it will also give more peace of mind. And if they are someone who keep their cars (as in case of Innova) probably their cost benefit analysis will Favour a tag of 13L

Hope it helps.
RaviCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 17:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post

I will keep this thread updated.
Updating the numbers:

Jazz CVT - 34
Atroz DCA - 5

Amaze CVT - 6
Baleno AGS - 6

Glanza AGS - 2
Kiger CVT - 4
Magnite CVT - 6
Punch AMT - 1
Sonet iMT - 3
Tigor EV - 1
i20 IVT - 2
Nios AMT - 1
Brezza 2022 - 1
WR-V Manual - 1
Triber AMT - 1

After an overwhelming majority and positive feedback on Jazz, the family decided to proceed with Jazz VX CVT. The colour of choice is most likely white, but still they seem to be split on Red, Gray (their innova was of this colour) & White. Will update the thread when they book the car.

A big THANKS to all bhp-ians who responded and help them make a decision.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 25th July 2022 at 17:03.
carthick1000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 06:50   #56
BANNED

Great choice, the Honda Jazz is a good car for your usage scenario.
Happy miles!
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 13:52   #57
BHPian

Twist to the tale

With the rumours of Jazz going out of production sooner, the family decided to check out another Honda car in the list which also got second majority of votes. Surprisingly the mother and daughter found out that Amaze is having even better visibility out front when compared to Jazz. With the positive experience in Honda showroom, they decided to switch their booking from Jazz CVT to Amaze CVT in meteoroid gray colour.

Note from family: A warm thanks to everyone, once again for providing the options to choose from. It was quite easy for us to choose as we had already a list to work from.
carthick1000 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks