Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:10   #31
BHPian

Re: First car for a newly married couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_3en View Post
I totally agree with the Amaze vs Accord comparison. Since we are talking about a couple who are just starting off it would be a financial burden maintaining such a car. Above that as a biggener managing the mammoth(with respect to our roads) in traffic would be quite a task since the purchase is mainly for city drives.
I daily drive it, have done so for 9 years, I’ve never had any issue even in tight spaces/single lane roads. If anything it’s safer on single lane roads as I don’t need to floor it to make a quick overtake unlike Amaze. In fact it’s also slightly more fuel efficient than the Amaze in city driving, I get 7.8 km/L vs 7-7.2 in the Amaze (measured tankful your tankful).

The wife is an experienced driver as per OP, see above.

Last edited by AJ56 : 3rd July 2022 at 12:14.
Old 6th July 2022, 14:13   #32
BHPian

In my opinion, your BIL should buy a new car in the 5L budget range like the Alto 800 or the Renault Kwid. It is unavoidable that some maintenance issues will arise even if they are pretty small, but FNG or ASC will take them on a ride regardless. Getting a small, but the new car will give them peace of mind.
Old 6th July 2022, 17:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
I daily drive it, have done so for 9 years, I’ve never had any issue even in tight spaces/single lane roads. If anything it’s safer on single lane roads as I don’t need to floor it to make a quick overtake unlike Amaze. In fact it’s also slightly more fuel efficient than the Amaze in city driving, I get 7.8 km/L vs 7-7.2 in the Amaze (measured tankful your tankful).

The wife is an experienced driver as per OP, see above.
Here in lucknow city traffic it is always a pain driving the accord or Passat when in hurry. The acceleration of the accord does make a difference on single lanes but when it comes to chorahas and old parts of the city amaze is SO much more desirable. Plus I get an average of 12kmpl minimum (deadlocked hectic traffic) on my 2019 petrol manual amaze.
As for the original post:

I would strongly suggest you to check out the honda jazz. Mainly because although it has the same L12B engine as the amaze, the transmission of jazz makes it relatively a different animal (much more powerful)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks