Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 12:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickysab View Post
Guys I don't understand what you are saying. BUMPY RIDE !!!!
I mean ride is the most important factor while choosing a car. If Santro can't provide smooth riding experience then what's fun of buying it?

What do you mean when you say Bumpy Ride? Does it give jerks or what? Please explain.
Bumpy ride means the car doesnt behave well on bad roads. You need to drive quite slowly over such roads, else it will throw itself here and there. Its perfectly smooth on good roads. Why dont you take a TD first and then feel yourself what we mean.
Old 21st June 2007, 14:38   #32
BHPian

[quote=vickysab;473842]Hello,

I am looking to buy a small car having good mileage, low cost of service and should carry at most 5 persons (including driver) with ease.

quote]

All cars you mentioned have the features you want except the last one.

How particular are you about boot space? All cars shortlisted score low in that segment as well. And I assume you will load your boot with 5 people on board which means you cant fold your rear seat as well.

So 5 people with ease + decent mileage + decent service costs AND very low initial cash outlay - the new Indica Xeta.

(I hear the new Xeta is facelifted, comes with a FIAT engine and attractive interest rates to boot.)

Alternatively the Palio 1.1 will also hold 5 people comfortably and give you a good if not excellent ride.
Old 21st June 2007, 15:24   #33
BHPian

Iam driving a 2002 santro and its almost 55k done. Till today its one of the reliable car (touchwood! ;-) ) in our lot. True its a bit bumpy on bad roads but I heard the new Santro's are upgraded to suit indian roads. I have driven this car at 130kmph and no sign of misbehaving and feel just like a sedan. once you touch the smooth tarmac, man, this is solid smooth. I should mention about the gears, its really smooth still.

I am a 6feeter, and felt comfortable with two other 5ft+ in back seat for almost 325kms. Getting in and out car is a breeze and one of the best. Your dad/mom/gm/gd will love its easy access and height!

ERLX ver seems to be frugal than the old ones giving 14kmpl average. Resale value is also very good in Hyundai's stable.

This is the made only in india and exported everywhere in the world...so should be of high quality!!
Old 21st June 2007, 15:59   #34
BHPian

U can't really compare Alto and Spark. If U want to go for that extra comfort... then go for Spark, Santro, Zen Estilo. If U've that extra bucks for Spark.... but don't look back coz Alto gives U more mileage, cheaper to maintain and gives U more value when U want to sell it later. If U really going for looks and stuff... buy Spark... it's really charming on road.
Old 24th June 2007, 01:42   #35
Tapan

Hi,

I have read a lot of reviews etc. about the cars as i am planning to buy one also. And i have already booked Alto as we speak but but but i have changed my mind. I have increased by budget and i am planning to go for Spark or Stile because they offer superb build quality.

Alto: Offers good after sales and superb fuel efficiency but crampy gear shifts and underpowered. What i have understood is that If you turn on AC then even Luna beats it. Different type of noises start comign after some time. (Price: 2.95 Lacs approx.)

Santro: Good car, hard seats or suspension which makes it bumpy. Low fuel efficiency. High cost of spares, parts and service in segment. Better re-check if you can really afford it later. (3.54 Lacs approx.)

Spark: Excellent build quality. Best in class mileage, best in class warranty. Low cost of spares and service. Overall good performance. Value for money if you go for 1.0 PS model (3.56 Lacs only approx.).

Overall: Santro is NOT recommended by me. Go for Alto for great fuel efficiency, good after sales and low cost of service and spares. If you are concerned about safety and build quality and looks then go for Spark as its build quality is so good that you won't need to go again and again to dealer for noises etc. which start comign and becomes irritating. Where as this is not the case with Spark it has good protection and new features which no car has in its segment. Better Re-Think.

I own Opel Corsa ...its been 4th year the car's mfging has stopped and its still a killer. So i think atleast i may end up buying Spark not becuase it looks good but becuase its safe and sturdy.

I have specifically listed models which include Power steering, AC, heater and good mileage. This is what you will ever need. Rest is upto you.

Thank you.

Old 24th June 2007, 23:48   #36
BHPian

5 seater ?

Hi, Maruti's website lists a separate 5 seater for Alto under price category ? Is there any difference in reality or it is just on paper ?
MARUTI ALTO LXI BS III (WITH IMMOBILISER) -- 288995
ALTO LXI 5 SEATER BSIII -- 293729
Old 25th June 2007, 08:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapan View Post
Alto:
What i have understood is that If you turn on AC then even Luna beats it.

Different type of noises start comign after some time. (Price: 2.95 Lacs approx.)
Ohh really, I didnt know that Luna can do 130kmph !!!
Get your facts right mate before commenting...

Abhi
Old 25th June 2007, 11:38   #38
Tapan

Hi,

Alto goin on 130 with AC on ? Are you facts correct ?

Thanks.

Old 25th June 2007, 21:05   #39
BHPian

no body suggesting xeta .is it a bad car ??
Old 26th June 2007, 12:42   #40
Tapan

Hi,

Yes according to me Xeta is a bad car. It might be cheaper but it ain't worth it. Anyways if you can give a lot of care then you can go ahead for Xeta but its certainly not recommended by me. The company claims fuel efficiency of 14 kmpl of Xeta which is not good enough coz you might only get 12-13 kmpl on road.

On the other hand Alto has fuel efficiency of 18 kmpl (company claims) and Spark has (16+ comapny claims) so ofcourse these are much better than Xeta. For eg. Alto has good service and build quality is better than Xeta and FE also so its good. And Spark has less service but the build quality is way too class and safety features are excellent. FE of spark is also better.

So according to me Xeta only wins in terms of pricing...rest its not recommended. If it was such a good car then by now 800, Alto would have disappeared from market. New Tata cars are good and they run quite fast..but once the engine is open or services are performed the performance starts to degrade.

Rest is upto you. You can select Xeta for its pricing, Alto for its service and FE and Spark for FE, build quality and safety.

Thank you.

Old 26th June 2007, 13:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapan View Post
Hi,

Alto goin on 130 with AC on ? Are you facts correct ?

Thanks.
Yes absolutely tried and tested !!!
Check my travelogue(s) especially Travelogue: bangalore to kolkata before you argue further....It was full Ac throughout the trip and covered them in very quick time...

Drive consistently at more than 80kmph with AC for longer distances (say 300, 400 km etc), slowly the AC lag will go and car behaves brilliantly...

Abhi
Old 27th June 2007, 03:04   #42
BHPian

The choice shud be between santro and spark. Last sunday HORMAZD SORABJI on SPEED AUTO SHOW opted for SANTRO and according to him, its the best car in this segment. SO just go for santro!!!!
Old 27th June 2007, 12:04   #43
Team-BHP Support

While i have no issues with the Santro, just because some guy says Santro is the best, one neednt act accordingly. Take informed decisions.

Hormazd is no know-all.
Old 27th June 2007, 12:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While i have no issues with the Santro, just because some guy says Santro is the best, one neednt act accordingly. Take informed decisions.

Hormazd is no know-all.
, Ya benny, totally agree with u...

Abhi
Old 27th June 2007, 23:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Drive consistently at more than 80kmph with AC for longer distances (say 300, 400 km etc), slowly the AC lag will go and car behaves brilliantly...

Abhi
Sorry, I did not understand how it possible. I drove my Santro for 200-300 Kms in a stretch (ofcourse not on highways and consistant high speeds - occasional 80s for 30-40 kms of good roads) and I could feel the A/c lag all the time, more especially while overtaking and on uphills.
It might be that you get used to A/c lag so much that you never feel it anymore after 300kms in a ride, isn't it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks