Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 14:58   #16
BHPian

Heart Always ,..! Cos trust me, the head might save you a few bucks but life is short and you want to beam with pride every time you look at your freshly buffed car in the sun !
Old 25th June 2007, 18:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

What do you want a sedan or a hatch back? answer this question first.

And apart from heart, head and inner voice are there any other concerns, you have 14 lakh budget which can open up a plethora of options in india now, diesel or petrol, with driver or without
Old 25th June 2007, 18:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
However considering the fact that you can afford a better car why not try in the league of Verna or a Fiesta diesel?.
Fiesta is a great car , a diesel, fun to drive and also very much refined. Go take a test drive and decide.and if your bankers are giving you 14 lakhs, i reccommed you that take a fiesta and gave it to arush .
Old 9th July 2007, 19:26   #19
BHPian

Going for the Indigo Dicor LX

Thanks for all you comments and support, I have decided to go for an Indigo LX DiCOR (almost finalised a Hyundai Accent CRDi 03/2005, 40K KMs for around Rs. 5.3L but it slipped away as the owner decided to give it to somene else).

Apologies to all those who advised to go with my heart but I guess the practicality of the Indigo tilted the decision in its favour.

Now I need your help in telling me if the deal that I have struck for my car with Concorde, Chennai is good and if I can squeeze something else out of this;

Indigo LX DiCOR

1. Quoted Price = Rs. 6,46,715/- (All Inclusive)

2. Discounts
a. Tata + Concorde for Jul 07 = Rs. 17,400/-
b. Tata Loyalty (Existing Customer) = Rs. 10,000/-
c. 18+18 Month Extended Warranty = Rs. 4,600/-

3. Add-On
a. Additional 12 Months Warranty (18+30) = Rs. 2,000/-

4. Accessories
a. Alloys (Aura) (4 Nos) = Rs. 16,800/- (3rd Party)
b. 185/60 (Protenza G3) (4 Nos) = Rs. 14,400/- (3rd Party)
c. Remote Locking with Immob (Minda) = Rs. 5,019/- (Concorde)
d. Wurth Chassis Coat = Rs. 4,551/- (Concorde)
e. Teaf Coat = Rs. 3,700/- (Concorde)
f. Seat Cover (Tata Immit Leather) = Rs. 5,500/- (Concorde)
g. Car Cover = Rs. 1,352/- (Concorde)
h. Sun Film (Garware 60% HR) = Rs. 2,350/- (Concorde)

FINAL PRICE ON-ROAD = Rs. 6,60,787/-

I already have a KenWood 10 CD changer (MP3/WMA) with 3-Way BS & 2-Way FS ICE from my Indica that I will transfer to the Indigo.

Any advise and guidance would be welcome !!!
Old 9th July 2007, 21:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

Good that you are satisfied with the decision you made.

Garware films seem to be on the expensive side.
Old 9th July 2007, 22:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I was following this thread. It is a VFM car. The aqccessories you have got is also good. Here in Bangalore, when I enquired about for Indigo Dicor Classic, they give me the below mentioned as accessories:

1) Sun Film.
2) Mud Flaps.
3) Foot Mats.
4) Boot Mats.
5) Perfume.
6) Idol.
Above all, 12K cash discount (For June).

I personally feel u have negotiated better......May be somebody from Chennai will be able to inform you more......... By the way what colour you have booked the car ???
Old 10th July 2007, 19:14   #22
BHPian

snaronikar I have booked for an Artic Silver, glad to note that I am on the right track as far as wringing a deal from Concorde is concerned.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:58   #23
BANNED

DDIS is the product of Fiat ..Dicor is the product of TVS ..period .

Chose either the company or the garage product .
Old 11th July 2007, 11:09   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
DDIS is the product of Fiat ..Dicor is the product of TVS ..period .

Chose either the company or the garage product .
Huh? DICOR uses Delphi common rail technology, not TVS.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:32   #25
BANNED

Well, Dicor is Delphi for sure ..But ,TVS is in partnership with delphi and TVS were the people who modded the indica and safari engines ..plus the components are being manufactured by TVS .

The plant is close to the HM-MItsui plant at tiravallur . hmmmz,I have been to the TVS plant as well.
Old 11th July 2007, 16:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I have worked in Delphi and I know the technology of Delphi......If u ask me (I feel) both are more or less same. But if you want to rate, of course it will be Fiat.
Old 11th July 2007, 22:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ajkail,
I had been to Concorde (Mysore Road) Bangalore today and these are the offers he had offered to me:
Freebies:
MudFlap,Foot Mats, Dicky Mat, Sun Film (tata Make), Idol, Perfume, Central Locking and 20K cash discount.

Apart from the above, I negotiated with these:
Alloys (Hindalco)-6 spokes - 22,500 (set of 5)
Tyres- 185/60 R15 - Bridgestone - 17500 (set of 5)
Teflon Coat: 2750.
Wurth Chasis coating: 2500
Seat Cover (Tata imm. Leather)-5500

Apart from these, as soon as I mentioned to sales guy that I will be discussing with other dealers, he informed what ever the offers given by other guys if we inform him he will try and get some of them after speaking to their manager.

I feel, if you have not yet finalized the costing just work out on the above as a concorde dealer in Bangalore is giving the above and he should also provide the same. As far as the alloys & tyres are concerned, I will go back to him in month end as he will be having pressure for sales to sell the vehicle and may provide additional discount on the above.

I also happened to test drive the LS (DICOR) today as LX was not available: I noticed a few problems:
1) Speedo not working.
2) Performance sucks and was not pulling even in 2nd and 3rd gear (with ac on).I felt my wagon R was better than this at this time.
3) Gear shift problems.
4) Clutch very hard.
5) Plastics not imperssive.
6) P/W buttons mounted on centre console - Uneasy to operate.
7) FR both RH & LH no buttons for P/W.

Do take a decision considering the above......
Old 13th July 2007, 08:33   #28
BHPian

snaronikar thanks for sharing the numbers, I am going right back to Concorde to see if things can be brought on an even keel.

Surprising that the Test Car that you drove had no pull in 2nd and 3rd being a Diesel the tendency to lurch forward is always "built-in" (so long as you are at the right engine rev) due to higher torque vis-a-vis a Petrol, however the car I drove (DiCOR LX) did not seem to suffer from this problem from what I could make out.

I have been Diesel-head to date and drive a pretty old Indica (non-V2, 7 Years & 150K KM) currently to notice a "serious" lack of refinement (clutch, gearshifter, etc) in the DiCOR, on the other hand you fresh from driving a relatively new Wagon R the difference must have been all too apparent.

Agreement with you on the quality of plastics, placement of PW controls, etc completely but I guess at this price and the amount of space in question guess these are things one has to compromise on.

As far as the Speedo not working issue goes, I had the same question for the Salesman when test driving a Indica Xeta GLX on the same day and answer = "sar we do this so that the Odo does not rack up the KMs we just might reconnect the cables and sell it to some unfortunate customer", that I thought was a very unethical thing to do, having said that I wonder if something like this can happen at Concorde which I have found to be a clean and transparent place from previous experience.
Old 20th July 2007, 12:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ajkail,

You got your car.....howz the performance, FE and what about the final freebies and what other things tata offered ?
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:08   #30
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Please close this thread since the question asked (Which CRDi Flavour ? DDiS versus DICOR) to start with is not relevant anymore !![/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Decided to bail out on the Indigo DiCOR LX owing to major concerns with it hitherto unproven Common Rail mill.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I am on the verge of booking a Fusion TDCi or a Fiesta ZXi TDCi ... have to put the question to you guys soon so help me out :-) >> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...sion-tdci.html[/COLOR]

Mod's Note: Please do not cut-paste from an external editor. Posts become unreadable because of all the unrendered tags.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd August 2007 at 13:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks