Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 09:54   #16
BANNED

Re: Have an Alto & Punch | Want to sell one, and get its Automatic variant | Which one?

I'll say sell Alto for K10 AMT.

It's small, cheap, and fuel-efficient in the city. This is where we can make the most of an automatic - in tight traffic situations. That's where a small automatic car makes perfect sense. This is also where you're more likely to get scratches on your car. Getting them on the smaller car will hurt less - emotionally and financially.

You can also choose a used Ignis AMT, which will cost about as much as a new K10 AMT (maybe even less than the new K10 AMT) but it has a bigger engine. You won't have to give up the ground clearance and you can use it when the driving is mixed city and highway. You won't have to give up highway performance for city convenience. It's also a little easier to manage because of the smaller size. And you have the option of Nexa as well as Arena service centers for maintenance.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 12th September 2022 at 09:55.
Old 12th September 2022, 10:03   #17
BHPian

Re: Have an Alto & Punch | Want to sell one, and get its Automatic variant | Which one?

If 2 cars are not needed and finance permits, sell both and get a better CVT Hatch (Jazz) or TC C-SUV (S cross/Brezza)

Discounts might be available on the S cross

If you are choosing the Brezza or S Cross, trading in Alto will fetch some loyalty discount also

Jazz is 4 star rated

Though new Brezza and S cross are not crash tested, they should have 4 star rating as well , based on performance of previous gen Brezza

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 12th September 2022 at 10:05.
Old 12th September 2022, 10:04   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Sell the Alto. The Punch is newer, and you will take a hit on the depreciation as against better resale value of the Alto considering its purchase price, age and usage till date.

Replacement - would suggest the Celerio AGS in that category. Maruti to Maruti, and good city car.
Old 12th September 2022, 12:28   #19
BHPian

You should definitely replace the decade old Alto. Possible options in the Suzuki stable are Celerio, Espresso, Ignis or the same old Alto! You can even consider the Renault Kwid which has a better feature set at a comparable price. Do test drive the AMTs before buying since the absence of clutch takes a slight mental adjustment, assuming you haven't driven one before!
Old 12th September 2022, 19:12   #20
FHW
BHPian

Apologies for late reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
From a financial standpoint, selling the Punch does not make much sense.
Yes, will get a solid depreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The answer is easy. Sell the Alto.
I have checked the AMTs of both Tata and Maruti, indeed Maruti has more sorted one. Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
This implies Alto should go.
Yes I'm happy with highway trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGupta View Post
Sell Alto and get Celerio AGS.
Will surely check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsneela View Post
Answer is given by many experts already meaning replace the Alto .
Will check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADisMynAMe View Post
DO NOT BUY AN AMT FROM TATA MOTORS..
I have two different experience from last teo services of my Punch from two different dealers. One was like everyone knows how Tata is, however the other one was surprisingly excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Sell the old Alto, Buy an IGNIS AGS AMT.
But why this question came in your mind that Punch is also an option for replacement? Are you unhappy with the punch MT or any such feeling?
Will not fit in budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Very curious to know- why haven't you bought the automatic in 2021 itself when you bought Punch? Does some condition (city, traffic, user, health etc.) change down the line since 2021?
Yes, some things have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
I am quite skeptical of the AMTs from Tata, so getting an AMT from Maruti would definitely be my recommendation.
Will surely keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
In that case I would recommend a 1.0 TSI AT Polo in the second hand market. Perfect driver's car with perfect transmission.
Will see whats fits in budget too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
However I have few questions,
1. Why don't you use the Punch and travel to office as well?
2. Why an AMT? Why not amaze or kriger or magnite cvt?
1. Just to keep Alto running.
2. Will check what fits in budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Two cars - Sell alto and buy new Alto k10 AMT
Single car - Sell both, get yourself an upgrade (Venue, Sonet, Kiger, Brezza, Nexon etc)
Need to keep two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional_fool View Post
In my opinion, Alto K10 and Spresso should be your top candidates.
Will test drive it and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
I'll say sell Alto for K10 AMT.
Will test drive and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
If 2 cars are not needed and finance permits, sell both and get a better CVT Hatch (Jazz) or TC C-SUV (S cross/Brezza)
Need to keep two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuator View Post
You should definitely replace the decade old Alto.
Every BHPian advised the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
A caution- Once you have a good automatic, the manual often sits idle!.
Convenience of automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Sell the Alto.
Replacement - would suggest the Celerio AGS in that category. Maruti to Maruti, and good city car.
May not fit in budget.

Thank you.

Last edited by FHW : 12th September 2022 at 19:17. Reason: Updated
FHW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 21:14   #21
BHPian

If budget is a constraint,

AND

This new car with AMT is intended to be used only within city limits maximum and occassionally on highways for small trips,

AND

The driver and other occupants are not of large frame,

Go for the Alto K10 AMT.

Reason being: in July I had a long Highway trip (approx 200 km one way) with 5 adults onboard in an Alto K10 run for 77k km rented from Revv (hence fairly abused), and fully loaded with our 3 days luggage. Except the space constraints (I am 6 feet, 90+ kg) there was absolutely no problem in pulling this load, and occasional aggressive drive, overtaking big trucks. My wife and mother-in-law warned me to slow down couple of times. It is needless to say Alto K10 manual is almost a fun to drive. And we all know how capable it is for the mountain roads and bad roads. There were some bad sections in my route and it never scraped the underbody (need to be a cautious driver).

And as an Alto owner, you must be already aware of all these traits of this car. The new age AMT from maruti is not bad. Take it to manual and overtake when necessary and again come back to the Auto mode. It's easy. I could learn this quickly in my trip with IGNIS AMT.

S-presso AMT is another good car, very spacious in this category. I could sit inside comfortably without my knees hitting anywhere and a good headroom for me.

One of our fellow BHPIAN informed that Hyundai NIOS AMT was very good, though I don't know the price. You can check that either.

By the way, hope you know average fuel efficiency of AMT will be a bit low, 15-20% lesser than the MT (depending on driving style).

Last edited by RijuC : 12th September 2022 at 21:17.
RijuC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 20:44   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
My question: Which car to sell?
Thanks.
Sell the Punch and wait for Citroën C3 auto
MilanDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 23:12   #23
BHPian

Mods! Kindly delete my post.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 14th September 2022 at 23:26.
Old 25th September 2022, 03:55   #24
BHPian

Two critical difference between WagonR and Ignis: WagonR offers hill hold assist which ignis does not (that's a deal breaker for me since my wife is terrified of driving up / down ramps). The other is that Ignis offers driver seat height adjustments which wagonr doesn't as per their websites but this can be managed IMHO.
contentedbloke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks