Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 05:41   #16
BHPian

its simple actually, if you need space at rear and want to save Rs 1L then Indica it is
and if you like refinement, have extra cash and don't need rear space go for Swift
Old 10th July 2007, 08:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i would suggest to go for the indica

as its going to be for office and highway use indica makes alot sense and indica is more spacious and the waiting for the swift is to long

the indica engine is tired and tested and can take alot of abuse
I second that..The swift D is useless unless you are gonna be driving all the time..Its got a marvellous engine..and everything else is crap..

Whereas the Indica is a Mini truck..a MINI TRUCK..ROCKS ALL THE WAY..

Am waiting for the Indica to come with the 1.3 Multijet..enjoy best of both worlds..!!
Old 10th July 2007, 12:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I second that..The swift D is useless unless you are gonna be driving all the time..Its got a marvellous engine..and everything else is crap..
I disagree. Swift has good engine, much better transmission and a great suspension. To top it all its looks are fabulous. Indica is NO MATCH for SWIFT.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:14   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I disagree. Swift has good engine, much better transmission and a great suspension. To top it all its looks are fabulous. Indica is NO MATCH for SWIFT.
I disagree here. Swift D is a much better car no doubt but there are a few things in which Indica Turbo scores
1. VFM
2. Space
3. Suspension and body abuse tolerance. Look at the ICE section, and you will see that swift is hated by most installers because of its rattling issues in the panels.
Swift has a smoother transmission, but looking at the clutch plate issues which Swift P owners have seen, I doubt its more robust than Tata.
Indica is a bare bones rugged tough car. Good if you have 3 other people driving, who will not care as well for the car.
For a self drive car, where you care for the car, swift makes more sense. But multiple drivers? Indica is a safer bet.
Old 10th July 2007, 14:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I disagree here. Swift D is a much better car no doubt but there are a few things in which Indica Turbo scores
1. VFM
2. Space
3. Suspension and body abuse tolerance. Look at the ICE section, and you will see that swift is hated by most installers because of its rattling issues in the panels.
Swift has a smoother transmission, but looking at the clutch plate issues which Swift P owners have seen, I doubt its more robust than Tata.
Indica is a bare bones rugged tough car. Good if you have 3 other people driving, who will not care as well for the car.
For a self drive car, where you care for the car, swift makes more sense. But multiple drivers? Indica is a safer bet.
One doesn't buy cars for ICE . Also Swift Clutch has been improved significantly Vis-a-vis Petrol. MASS is much more customer friendly and Maruti much more proactive than the Tatas.Swift is much more refined car than Indica. Look at the snob value Swift bring in. Noone calls swift a taxi.
All in all I would shell out 1 L more and go for swift rather than buy an Indica.

If there is a poll I am sure Swift will win hands down.
Old 10th July 2007, 14:18   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One doesn't buy cars for ICE . Also Swift Clutch has been improved significantly Vis-a-vis Petrol. MASS is much more customer friendly and Maruti much more proactive than the Tatas.Swift is much more refined car than Indica. Look at the snob value Swift bring in. Noone calls swift a taxi.
All in all I would shell out 1 L more and go for swift rather than buy an Indica.

If there is a poll I am sure Swift will win hands down.
Umm not sure what you are trying to say.
I never said Indica is a better car.
If you read my post I agree swift is a much better car.
All I am doing is listing the advantages of indica over swift. Good A.S.S. does not make a car grow bigger. Indica will always have more room than swift.
Also it will not change the fact that non CRDI engines are less sensitive to bad fuel.
Also with multiple drivers and abuse an indica suspension will last better.
Thats about it.
Swift is a much better car, I never contested that.
Old 10th July 2007, 14:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Point taken. I might have misunderstood.
Old 10th July 2007, 16:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

And to add a point here the indica would be cheaper to run and maintain than a swift
and for the A.S.S. indica is widely used as a taxi and hence it can be repaired easily by a roadside mechanic (and the spares will be much cheaper and but no mechanic would touch a 1.3l DDIS engine

@dieselfan while buying a car for office work people don't care much for snob value
Old 10th July 2007, 22:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Noone calls swift a taxi
That proves a point. Space.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:43   #25
BHPian

After all the reviews I think I should settle in for indica turbo but heart says swift all the way. But considering the kind of usage indica should be the right choice moreover indica is a lac cheaper and also should be lighter on the pocket as far as maintenance is concerned.

Ill be finalizing the thing within a couple of days, will keep you updated guys……… got this offer from one of the dealer:
Indica Turbo DLG (on road price) 4,23,000.00
Dealer Discount -15,000.00
Extra dealer discount -2,000.00
NET PRICE 4,06,000.00

Is it a good offer or can I squeeze some more discounts from the dealer ?
While getting the car financed should we opt for finance cash back or merge the amount in the EMI ?

Thanks…....
Old 10th July 2007, 23:36   #26
Team-BHP Support

New Delhi? Take it down to 4.
If not possible come to Noida. You will pay 1000rs extra for temporary number but still you get to save 5000rs.
Haggle more. Call multiple dealers and pit them against each other
Old 11th July 2007, 00:15   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
New Delhi? Take it down to 4.
If not possible come to Noida. You will pay 1000rs extra for temporary number but still you get to save 5000rs.
Haggle more. Call multiple dealers and pit them against each other
Eh.. please elaborate. I am also planning to buy a car and this might be useful
Old 11th July 2007, 09:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yes the indica turbo rocks..

Swift has SNOB value..and thats about it..

Lets wait for the Indica to come with the 1.3 Multijet..and then we'll know which is better..
Old 11th July 2007, 11:10   #29
BANNED

Indica is a mini truck , agreed. What about the engine ?Indica engine does not last that long,when you switch on the aircon ,the car suddenly feels like vampire jammed on the brakes . Wat would be the average cruising speed on an indica compared to a swift ?I took the swift way upto 160 +aircon switched on and I was confident and the car felt confident enough .

Compare this with the indica ,where does it stand ?I never managed to go more than 110-120 ...that too the speedo would touch the 100 mark , when i was getting throughly frustrated ...hmmmz
Old 11th July 2007, 11:12   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
Indica is a mini truck , agreed. What about the engine ?Indica engine does not last that long,when you switch on the aircon ,the car suddenly feels like vampire jammed on the brakes . Wat would be the average cruising speed on an indica compared to a swift ?I took the swift way upto 160 +aircon switched on and I was confident and the car felt confident enough .

Compare this with the indica ,where does it stand ?I never managed to go more than 110-120 ...that too the speedo would touch the 100 mark , when i was getting throughly frustrated ...hmmmz
Badly maintained cars engines do not last long, irrespective of brand.
A NA indica does 120 with ease, while a turbo can do 140 with ease. Have had extensive experience with both.
BTW if your indica does not touch 100 or struggles there is something seriously wrong. How much has it run? There should not be any engine issues before 100,000kms.
Moreover swift D is a much better car with newer tech, but indica is suiting him more because this car will be driven by 4 other people. He will care for his car, but the other three may not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks