Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2007, 23:43   #31
BHPian

Check out the Skoda Fabia

Well if you have the budget of going for the Getz,i would say the Skoda Fabia is absolutely worth the wait.check out the Skoda Website.The car is certainly many notches above the current crop of Indian hatchbacks.Hope so Skoda India shouldnt do much changes to the International model.The website is here.
Å*koda Auto - New Å*koda Fabia - Look
Old 10th July 2007, 00:02   #32
BHPian

Nids,
If you really want to look kool and need a kool car as well, go for the SPARK. Its all in all a ladies car, and with its colors, nice shape, and happy revving, it would be the most fun to own, for ya. Forget old horses like wagon R and santro. Yes, but if your budget permits, you can go for Swift or Getz. Getz in my opinion would be more suited.
But all in all, as a first car, Spark should be the best option for you.
But you get to decide . Take a TD. Seating shouldnt be a prob on a Spark, as it has been designed keeping in mind its female following to be.

All the best!!
Old 10th July 2007, 00:06   #33
BHPian

welcome to tbhp nids!! your opinions on estilo will be well received on the estilo thread, theres was a war going on there on the estilo's looks

So as far as advice goes, chose the santro for the best view of the road, nothing beats that IMO (swift/getz/palio view of the road is obstructed by dash and may be worse for 5ft ppl). Hyundai after sales service is as good if not better than maruti.

The swift you may have problems with reversing as the rear windscreen is too high and takes getting used to (unless you get some reverse sensors fitted). Its a very good car as far as the engine goes, may have a little dynamic instability (body roll) on high speeds

I think you should try out the spark though as it is a new gen car and will be around for sometime. Uva has a good shape, but did you try it and not like it or just rejected due to other reasons.

Also whenever you TD, make sure you check not just for straight line drive, but also maneuverability, parking and reversing and you should be good
Old 10th July 2007, 00:26   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nids.Leo View Post
My fear exactly. Have been hearing this news / rumour of an upgrade or a replacement by PA. Otherwise it would have been a very good choice.

BTW, which thread ? Can you pl provide the link ?

Here is the thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-4-a.html

Here is the post with the spy pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I recently was driving through the GQ when I found Hyundai Motors testing the Hyundai Pa which will have the 1.1L CRDi .Please manage with these phone cam, driving while shooting pics. I'll try to get the chennai photo-BHPians to shoot good pics of the Pa while driving to Yelagiri.

PS: I've spied upon the Hyundai Getz, Verna, Sonata Embera testing on the GQ.
And its usually 6 months before they are launched. So, do we see a launch date??

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th July 2007 at 00:28.
Old 10th July 2007, 02:01   #35
BHPian

Nids,

As far as your requirements go, SPARK is the best choice. SWIFT is the best car in your shortlist, but certainly not a car to be driven around after driving classes.

GM has a 3 year servicing package at 8k making it the cheapest car to maintain its segment.

GETZ is the most practical hatch, if mileage is not a concern.

I am a first time driver myself, learnt driving just a month back. Although i have a much higher budget at 6 lac, i am considering spark above swift and getz. My requirements are a photocopy of yours, but i am a guy
Old 10th July 2007, 02:24   #36
BHPian

Swift Petrol ZXI! with lots of Mods and a great ICE setup. If you want to go for a similar car but more expensive, then wait for the Fabia.
We like to stay away from Fiat. Yes, atleast the ones sold in India.
Getz is a good choice too.
Old 10th July 2007, 05:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
SWIFT is the best car in your shortlist, but certainly not a car to be driven around after driving classes.
there is no such thing, any good car is good for learners, trust me because I learned driving on a 215BHP V6 camaro
Old 10th July 2007, 10:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
Well if you have the budget of going for the Getz,i would say the Skoda Fabia is absolutely worth the wait.check out the Skoda Website.The car is certainly many notches above the current crop of Indian hatchbacks.Hope so Skoda India shouldnt do much changes to the International model.The website is here.
Å*koda Auto - New Å*koda Fabia - Look
skoda product does have a good build quality, but the maintenance and spare costs are costly, example a pair of ORVM costs 17k. Before getting a skoda product please have this in mind and do a bit of research.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

The SPARK would be the best for you. The 3 year/1L warranty comming at that price increases the Value of that car. Its easy to move around and park in the city and has enough space too. And personaly i feet its the best looking small car around.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:42   #40
BHPian

@nids

FE is hovering between 12 and 13 wtih 50% AC and 80% city driving (Bangalore city driving so its bumper to bumper and 200 second traffic signals).

And regarding your query I wouldnt know if the steering is high relative to the Santro/Wagon/Estilo brigade. Have driven Santro and Spark and I didnt find any difference in the steering height. The central dash as pointed out takes 2 minutes to adjust to and I never find it hampering my view of the road. I am 5'7" if that helps in anyway for you to judge.

I would really suggest you take a TD and see how easy it is for you as individual preferences vary. I never considered the Spark reading reviews and seeing its pics.. just took a TD and now I love Sparky.

Go on..practice on the TD cars.. Am an amateur myself never having driven in the city.. and got all my practice on various TD cars
Old 10th July 2007, 11:12   #41

Hey Nids;

I understand that this is your first car and you want to keep all your options open before making a purchase. I can see that many of TBhpians have voted for the Spark which is indeed a nice car for you.

However, I would seriously recommend you to consider Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 as your budget is approx. within that range. Italian cars are really strong & have a great engine which can be with you for the next 5 years without any problems...

If I was in your place, I would have definitely gone for Fiat. Rest is your decision.

Happy Driving .....
Old 10th July 2007, 11:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

imo 1.6 stile will be a bit too much to handle for a beginner especially with the lame brakes it has (compared to some other cars) if going for a fiat check out the 1.1 should be pretty easy to handle
Old 10th July 2007, 11:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Spycar & Bottle,

What r u suggesting? Want you to scare her with the A.S.S. of Fiat cars?

My suggestion would be go for Maruti/Hyundai for which the A.S.S is better than other manufacturers.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Spycar & Bottle,

My suggestion would be go for Maruti/Hyundai for which the A.S.S is better than other manufacturers.
Mr.snaronikar, A** does not depend purely on the Car maker, it is mainly depends on the Dealer/SC how best he provides the Service.

I can show you threads here on the pathetic A** of certain Maruti Service centres!
And so there are certain Fiat/Tata Service centers who are not upto the mark, but please don't generalize that Fiat A** is bad and all that crap!

BTW, I own a Fiat car for that past 3.5 years and am quite happy with their Service!

Last edited by finneyp : 10th July 2007 at 11:57.
Old 10th July 2007, 13:54   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Spycar & Bottle,

Hey snaronikar,

A** have been improved a lot by now since the Tata-Fiat JV. , this wasnt the case before but now things have changed. Since, Nids is in Delhi, we can expect a better situation over there. I still feel Palio Stile would be a better option for her (personal opinion).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks