Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 16:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice needed on used Fiat Palio 1.6/Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Palios are best Avoided unless you are diehard Fiat fan! Or you have too much spare time to keep the car running.
Out of these 2 cars I would pick the 2006 KA vechile. How much is the seller asking ?
Captain Slow, I am one of those rare breeds of Fiat fans! I have been on the look out for a palio from quite some time.

Unfortunately the KA vehicle is sold. I have to check the other one personally and see if I can still proceed.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Bumping up an old thread!

2. 2003 Palio 1.6 s10 driven for 60000 kms AP registered. Has an accident history where the bonnet was damaged but apparently no damage to the engine bay. quoted at 1.8 lakhs.
Please make sure the bonnet fits properly, headlights are properly aligned, bumper is fitted properly and important thing, the radiator bracket is broken or damaged due to the impact.

My 2003 GTX met with an accident when my Dad ran into a Truck on Mysore road in 2011, it was nothing major. I was in Canada at that time and as per my Dad, bonnet was damaged and one of the headlight had cracked.

On my return I was horrified to see the shoddy work done by the ASC. The bonnet never shuts clean, the headlight are misaligned, bumper's paint keeps peeling off and the most important things was that the radiator bracket had broken in two places and they never noticed.

Radiator bracket cannot be changed with out changing the whole radiator assembly which is upwards of 28K. The headlights are misaligned to the core and keeps searching for aliens ships in the sky.

Rest you can take it to a good mechanic and will be in a better position to advise.

Even I am in the market for a Palio 1.6, but some of the prices quoted by the owners keeping shocking me though

Regards

Last edited by chandrda : 9th March 2015 at 10:30. Reason: Corrected
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 19:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Please make sure the bonnet fits properly, headlights are properly aligned, bumper is fitted properly and important thing, the radiator bracket is broken or damaged due to the impact.

Thanks Chandrda. I would look out for all these things. Problem is I am unable to get time to go down there!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks